Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Memorabilia Birmingham - Nov 24 & 25
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Memorabilia Birmingham - Nov 24 & 25
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
How about silly hats? Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Old Men in ear muffs and silly hats REALLY will sell Non sports collecting Roll Eyes

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Harris, you usually try to - sadly, the injunction IS still in place...

Batty, I can't speak for anyone else, but I WILL be wearing a silly hat...

By The Way - to save far too many wrong answers, and the resultant arguments/brawls that would no doubt follow, the correct answer for the Ted Dastick promo is NOT "The Presidential Elections". I suggested that Harris voted for something else...
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Quaint1:

the correct answer for the Ted Dastick promo is NOT "The Presidential Elections".

Au Res.,
Paul

Oh Ack. Frown

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:

By The Way - to save far too many wrong answers, and the resultant arguments/brawls that would no doubt follow, the correct answer for the Ted Dastick promo is NOT "The Presidential Elections".

Fighting over little ol' me? Luv You

Posts: 1571 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
By The Way - to save far too many wrong answers, and the resultant arguments/brawls that would no doubt follow, the correct answer for the Ted Dastick promo is NOT "The Presidential Elections". I suggested that Harris voted for something else...
Au Res.,
Paul

We will be invading you with the correct answer Big Grin

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Any news on which hall the show is in?

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

Any news on which hall the show is in?

It's the one with the big Memorabilia sign outside, you can't miss it. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Hall 9 i think.

Just noticed the car parking charge is now £10. Mad Eek Twak

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Hall 9 i think.

Just noticed the car parking charge is now £10. Mad Eek Twak

Glad I can come on the bus!

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Quaint1
posted Hide Post
Apparently, the NSU table is quite close to the entrance (according to a text from Harris received this evening...
Looking forward to seeing many of you tomorrow, and the rest on Sunday; don't forget - if you are at the table at 2pm-ish, you'll see a little surprise for Harris (a little bashed in the travel, but still...)
Au Res.,
Paul

http://www.cardcast.co.uk/
Twitter: @ukcardcast

Posts: 7202 | Location: Basildon, Essex, United Kingdom | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

don't forget - if you are at the table at 2pm-ish, you'll see a little surprise for Harris

Au Res.,
Paul

The biggest scotch egg ever made. Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Patdata
posted Hide Post
see you all at the show. Looking forward to it!

Posts: 1098 | Location: Northern Ireland | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Yes, the Non-Sport Update table is pretty close to the entrance. Once you enter, head to the right. We are two tables in in the first aisle. Dave and Mike (formerly of D&M are on the aisle), Paul Hart is the first table of that aisle, and we are the second table. There are several card dealers in are general vicinity and You'll also find others scattered around along with manufacturer, Cult Stuff set up towards the middle of the room (at the head of that aisle) and Jason from Unstoppable roaming the show floor.

See everyone tomorrow and/or Sunday.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

don't forget - if you are at the table at 2pm-ish, you'll see a little surprise for Harris

Au Res.,
Paul

The biggest scotch egg ever made. Big Grin

This made my laugh out loud. I love scotch eggs!

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Off to the show! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just got back from the show,most enjoyable apart from when I got outside afterwards and found it was pouring with rain.

Noticeably fewer people at the show this time,I wonder if the rising parking cost had something to do with that.

Plenty of card dealers around and some good deals to be had Thumb Up .I started off at the NSU table and renewed my subscription and got some promos.Gave Wolfie his early Xmas goodie bag and got some nice promos in return.

Lots of people were talking to Anthony about the Misfits cards including I believe one of the production designers who did not know anything about it.

Had a nice chat with Jason from Cult Stuff about his upcoming sets including the much anticipated(by me anyway Smile ) second Dixons Vixens set with sketches by the man himself.

Bought a couple of Dracula packs and some War of the Worlds preview packs with art by Robert Hack that look very promising.

Carolyn Edwards was also with Jason and she very kindly did me a sketch on an Age of Sorcery blank for only £10.I will post a picture later but I was surprised when she said that this was the first time she had done a sketch at a show.I promise I will "like you" on Facebook today Wave .

First card is a limited edition print of 25(wish I had the original Drool ).

There was quite a queue for the Hasselhoff and Biehn signings but most of the signing areas were quite quiet.I did not see either Eddie McClintock or Claudia Christian at their tables.

I was looking for Jason from Unstoppable Cards but we kept just missing each other at various tables Roll Eyes .In the end Jason left my Loaded Packs with Harris and I picked them up when I next passed by.There was a nice surprise at the bottom of the box with two Avengers printing plates and an Elfie Lebouleux sketch Dance .Thanks Jason!

By 12:30 I had amassed three carrier bags of cards,albums,1,3,and 9 pocket pages,and some cheap signed photos and decided to call it a day and head home before the roads flooded!

Roll on March 2013.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
OMG!!! Eek

Just got home after a horror show of a drive on the motorway in torrential rain, there were times when i could not see anything at all.

Scary. Shake Head

posted Hide Post
quote:
OMG!!! Eek

Just got home after a horror show of a drive on the motorway in torrential rain, there were times when i could not see anything at all.

Scary. Shake Head

At least you made it safe and sound!! Angel

Posts: 378 | Location: New Milford, CT | Registered: February 12, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Went to the show yesterday with graham - an early start to make sure we didn't miss the train and we arrived in time to join the 11.00 rush - Headed for the NSU table and saw harris, quaint 1 and batman, purchased the show special NSU and another years subscription to the magazine. Managed to get Virginia Hey & Eddie McClintock's auto's and a very nice Dalek sketch from Carolyn Edwards, also got a Dexter Season 4 box and a box of 9 card pages. We then took Batman for a couple of refreshing alcoholic beverages before we set off for the train home when we realised that we hadn't eaten for 12 hours!!!!!!!!!!!!

GREAT to see harris here again and looking forward to 2013 Big Grin