Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Hotel Info for the Fall '12 Philly Show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Hotel Info for the Fall '12 Philly Show
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Now that Pop Art Con is over, it's time to move on to the Fall Philly Show. The show will be held on October 20 & 21 at the Merchants Square Mall. For those of you staying over, we have made hotel arrangements and have that information to pass along now:

Hilton Garden Inn
Hilton Garden Inn Allentown Airport (1787-B Airport Rd, Allentown, PA 18109). Phone 610-443-1400. The Hilton Garden Inn will once again be our host hotel. We have arranged a special rate of $84.00 + tax per night, which includes a fully cooked breakfast for two (omelet and waffle station). The Hilton Garden Inn features complimentary high-speed Internet access, many business-class amenities, and more. Less than one mile from the Allentown Lehigh Valley International Airport.
Group code PNS, cut-off date 10/7/12.

Other hotel choices:

Allentown Wingate by Wyndham
Wingate (4325 Hamilton Blvd., Rt 78/309 and Rt. 222, Allentown, PA 18103). Phone 610-366-1600. We have arranged a special rate at the Wingate of $72.00 + tax, which includes a complimentary deluxe continental breakfast. The Wingate features free high speed Internet access, microwave, refrigerator, oversized work desk with a two line speakerphone, expanded cable TV, and 32" flat screen LCD TV.
Group code CGPNSP, cut-off date 10/10/12. You must call the hotel to get the show discount.

Holiday Inn Allentown Center City
Holiday Inn Allentown Center City (904 West Hamilton St., Allentown, PA 18101). Phone 610-433-2221. The Holiday Inn is offering Philly Non-Sports Card Show guests a rate of $69.00 + tax, which includes free parking. The hotel features a restaurant on premises and is just 2.4 miles to the Merchants Square Mall.
Group Code PNS, cut-off date 10/5/12.

Also, please note that we now have a new website for the Philly Non-Sports Card Show:

phillynon-sportscardshow.com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Booked for the 19th and 20th at the Hilton! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
I'm also booked in at the Hilton for the 19th & 20th! Smile

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Great to see the hotel info up and that the Hilton is staying at it's $84/night rate. This will be our fourth time attending.
I'll book it soon.
See you all there, good Lord willing. Wink

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Maybe 2013 Smile

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Curler:
I'm also booked in at the Hilton for the 19th & 20th! Smile

Thumb Up

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Locked and loaded. Metal

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I was hoping to get there but could not get the time off work. Perhaps the Spring show?

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
We confirmed a room at the Hilton for Saturday night. See ya there.
Thumb Up

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
The Hilton is full for the Saturday night Frown

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Szym:
The Hilton is full for the Saturday night Frown

I thought so too when I tried to book it online.

However, if you use the Group Code PNS it suddenly gave me rooms to reserve.

I guess they could be out, but the show reserves a block that isn't part of the normal reservations for the hotel.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I ran into the same problem when trying to book my room yesterday. You have to do what Ed said and put in the PNS code BEFORE you search for a room.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Thanks a lot for the information.
I just booked my room. Bouncey

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Flag City Collectibles
posted Hide Post
Wish I could have stayed at Hilton. Said all booked up. Either way I would have had to choose Holiday Inn since they allow pets!

Posts: 749 | Location: Florida, USA | Registered: June 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
OK, here is an update on hotels. The Hilton Garden Inn is now sold out. The block of rooms that were saved for show guests have all been booked. There is a marathon in Allentown the same weekend as the show and a large wedding party staying at the hotel and so the hotel is now fully booked...at least for Saturday. There may still be rooms for other nights including rooms at the special Philly Show rate but I suspect this might not be too much help unless someone is coming on Friday to go to the show Saturday and then going home Saturday night. In any event, that's the story.

The good news is, we have made arrangements for another block of rooms at the Staybridge Suites Allentown Bethlehem Airport, which is the hotel next door to the Hilton. For those who have never been to the Hilton before, it is very close and a very easy walk. The rate for the Staybridge is $89 (plus tax) and includes breakfast.

There are also still plenty of rooms at the Allentown Wingatge by Wyndham and Holiday Inn Allentown Center City.

All of the info including cut-off dates and the group code you must use to get the special show discounted rate are on our Travel & Hotel Info page.

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post