Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    MCM Birmingham Comic-Con March 19th-20th 2016
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MCM Birmingham Comic-Con March 19th-20th 2016
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
posted
Arrived at 08.45,much quieter than November, both in terms of visitors and dealers as well as the notable absence of Wolfie ( you did not miss much! ).

Very little in the way of star guests probably contributed to the low turnout, even the numbers of cos-players was down.

Had nice chats with artists Carolyn Edwards and Huy Truong.

Bought a few base sets off Derek and filled a few gaps in my Desolation of Smaug chase sets from Paul at Umbrella Trading Cards.

Tried to find Cult Stuff but failed so asked Paul Hart who said they were here but did not have any trading cards so I did not bother any further.

Had one last look around and bought some bargain signed 8x10's and left just after 11.00 to get home in time for the soccer and cricket.

Definitely waiting until the last minute before deciding whether to go next March. They need to seriously beef up the guest list and try to encourage more of the dealers who only come in November to go in March as well.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:

much quieter than November, both in terms of visitors and dealers as well as the notable absence of Wolfie

you see, word gets out amongst the collectors in the UK that the great wolfie will not be attending and that's it, they all stay at home. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Did you notice how many of the guests were Saturday only? I think they have realised how dead Sunday is aswell especially in the afternoon.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:

much quieter than November, both in terms of visitors and dealers as well as the notable absence of Wolfie

you see, word gets out amongst the collectors in the UK that the great wolfie will not be attending and that's it, they all stay at home. Big Grin

I think you mean Harris and NSU don't attend so we don't bother either

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
quote:
quote:

Thanks mate!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:

Who?.....oh yes him, well yes him aswell. Big Grin Elephant

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of steve j
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Theres a lot of truth in that - but the question is whether our Harris will be there in November now his role has changed??

Posts: 1776 | Location: Wales, UK | Registered: June 10, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by steve j:

Theres a lot of truth in that - but the question is whether our Harris will be there in November now his role has changed??

Let's hope Beckett value the UK Market as much as the Toser's did! Time will tell

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post