Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    San Diego Comic-Con 2021
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Diego Comic-Con 2021
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Kennywood
posted

Posts: 7361 | Location: the wonderful state of Denial | Registered: January 14, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Bummer, not not surprising considering I think everything else is California is still shut down.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There is still uncertainty. Suddenly, Comic-Con time is only about five months away. They had to make a call. Things are opening up in this state but it's uneven going county by county. Teachers are getting shots. Some schools were already open and more are this week.

I'd like to go to SDCC again. It was fun back in the late 90's and early 2000's.

Jess

quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Bummer, not not surprising considering I think everything else is California is still shut down.

Posts: 4372 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Yes it was fun back then but then it got crazy in 2008 and never ended. Just about everyone I enjoyed going with dropped out so I packed my bags and went to England for the NEC. The best show still is the Philly Show, I miss that so many folks I have not seen in a long time. Hoping for better days ahead!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Yes it was fun back then but then it got crazy in 2008 and never ended. Just about everyone I enjoyed going with dropped out so I packed my bags and went to England for the NEC. The best show still is the Philly Show, I miss that so many folks I have not seen in a long time. Hoping for better days ahead!

Agree.

I made it to SDCC twice.

The first time it was like a giant comic book show with an occassional celebrity.

The second time was probably 3-5 years later and I think Twilight had a big event planned. SDCC sold out of Saturday tickets -- the first time they had sold out a day of the show. That year it wasn't really a comic show anymore -- there were elements of comics for sure, but it was something else.

I've never had the desire to go back since.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Contest Czar
Picture of barobehere
posted Hide Post
It has been 2006 maybe 2007? since I was at San Diego comic con. It was too large at that time for my taste. Fun but overwhelming.

2011/2012 for Dragon con in Atlanta.

I don't support AVG conventions here in the southeast due to various reason. So, it has been a long time since I have been to a convention.

Posts: 5776 | Location: Meridian, Mississippi | Registered: November 23, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post