Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC 2017
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NL:
SDCC CARDTALK DINNER 2017

Hi Card Peeps,

Please rsvp here or pm me, Pendragon or Debi Cole so we get a more accurate count for the venue.

Chatting and chewing with y'all is the highlight of Con for me. Looking forward to seeing you all again. Maybe Sir Furry paws might show!

Ciao!

NL

Nat, I plan to attend. Furry Furry Joy Joy!

Jeff

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
How about the craziness with the promos at the recent Star Wars show in Florida ?

A new 4 card promo set by Topps. You had to buy a $ 100 box of SW cards and they gave you 1 promo. So you had to spend $ 400 to get all 4

And to top it off, there were variants on these 4 promos given to volunteers who set up at the show. These are discussed below in the New Promo section

Not all volunteers got the cards. You had to spend 12 hours volunteering to get them.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Don't like the two Outlander " preview " cards but I can't blame Cryptozoic for doing this, it makes sense as a business to cash in when you have a popular product. Inkworks would still be in business if they had been able to do that with Twilight.

I look at it as people buying these cards are subsidising me when I pick up other less popular Cryptozoic titles at half price or better Big Grin .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like the wife and I will be there as well.
Looking forward to it.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks to NL, Debi and Jerry for organizing Saturday night's Card Talk dinner. It's always one of my SDCC hightlights as it's great to sit around and catch up with everyone. Thanks to everyone that contributed cards and prizes for the event too.

I think for the October Philly show there needs to be a trivia contest with prizes instead of just the raffle tickets. Smile

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
From what I hear the Orphan Black premium packs for seasons 2 and 3 did not sellout at SDCC and will be offered on CZE's website shortly. Or at least that is rumor, so check it out if you are interested.

Posts: 10355 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
Thanks to NL, Debi and Jerry for organizing Saturday night's Card Talk dinner. It's always one of my SDCC hightlights as it's great to sit around and catch up with everyone. Thanks to everyone that contributed cards and prizes for the event too.

I think for the October Philly show there needs to be a trivia contest with prizes instead of just the raffle tickets. Smile

Great seeing you there, Laura! Wave

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally can post. So exhausted after working the Con.

The SD crew want to thank all who attended and for making it a great dinner for card peeps at SDCC to come trade, chat and chew! We do this for you all to enjoy and take a breather amongst our kind. Smile

I want to thank Marks Nonsports and Julie and Jake Stem for prizes and giveaways.

Also, a shoutout to lovelies Ashleigh Popwell, Chad Heinrich and Mr. Bob Aragon. It's nice to have talented artists share their time with us despite very busy schedules.

It was great seeing the usual suspects but we had quite a few new faces who we hope to see in the future. And Jeff was there.. Yay!

There are a few leftover prizes that will travel to the next Philly show and the few promo cards I have will be listed in the Promos section here on NSU.

Debi and Jerry - thank you both for everything that you do to help plan this event!

Going back to sleep now.

Ciao peeps! Surf

NL

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Glad to see you had a nice time. Smile Wavey

Posts: 28997 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Thanks to Fairy Metal for the nice cards. Thanks to Mark for the Cuds cards and Tony for promos.
Hope to see all next year.

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
My wife and I went but could not find where everyone was at. The hostesses were clueless and actually kind of kind of rude. I did send a couple e-mails but got no reply so we left. If I had known Mark and Rob were going that would have made it easy since we spent a part of Saturday at the con with them.
Oh well there's next year
Glad everyone who went had fun

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I had a hard time getting a glass of water. And the waiter never took my order.

Anyone posting any pictures of the show?

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post