Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Topps is coming to New York Comic-Con!
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Topps is coming to New York Comic-Con!
 Login/Join

posted
TOPPS RETURNS TO NEW YORK COMIC-CON
Booth #1761 to include exclusives, promos and special events!

Commemorating Topps’ return to New York Comic-Con, IDW Publishing and Topps today unveiled a New York Comic-Con cover variant of MARS ATTACKS THE HOLIDAYS, a one-shot special spun from the pages of the hit new series! This exclusive edition will be the centerpiece of several exciting promotions planned at the Topps booth (#1761). Other events will include creator signings, promo card giveaways and free live sketch card events with official Topps artists (to be announced).

The New York Comic-Con Exclusive Edition of IDW’s 48-page holiday special will feature a “Mini-Martians” Groundhog’s Day cover by fan-favorite artist Chris Giarrusso. Best known as the creator of Image Comics’ G-Man and the Marvel Comics series Mini-Marvels, Giarrusso will also be stopping by the Topps booth throughout the weekend to sign and sketch for fans.
This NYCC edition of MARS ATTACKS THE HOLIDAYSwill be limited to just 1,000 copies and available only from Topps at booth #1761.

To stay up to date on Topps’ plans for New York Comic-Con, visit www.facebook.com/MarsAttacks and follow ShopTopps on twitter @shoptopps.

Visit IDWPublishing.com to sign up for updates and learn more about the company and its top-selling books.

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Outstanding! Thanks Topps! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I enjoyed the Mar's Attacks presence at SDCC this year. Too bad I can't attend NYCC, looks like I'll have to resort to ebay. Keep-um comming Martian Commander!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Topps has a pretty sweet offer for card collectors going to New York Comic Con - free Mars Attacks, Garbage Pail Kids, and Wacky Packages sketch cards done at the spot by some terrific artists at the show. Read about it on the blog:

Free Topps Sketch Cards at NYCC

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Will have to try to score one of these! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I would like to score one as well. I bet they get quite a line for these, especially on Saturday. Eek

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Will have to try to score one of these! Thumb Up

Ask if they can sketch over the Star Wars card!!!!

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Artists scheduled to attend include David Gross, Joe Simko, Jeff Zapata, Jacob Chabot, Chris Giarrusso, Jason Edmiston, Mark Pingitore and Jason Brower.

There may also be some surprise guest sketchers.

We'll also have the exclusive "Mini Martians" variant of IDWs Mars Attacks the Holidays comic with a cover by Mr. Giarrusso-- creator of the most awesome "Mini Marvels" comic.

An exclusive Wacky Packages Comic (#2!) will be there too, along with the ShopTopps exclusive Martian costume t-shirt just in time for Halloween!

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wish I could go!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post