Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    October Chicago Non-Sport Show. . .
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

October Chicago Non-Sport Show. . .
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted
This show is just a month away now:

http://www.nonsportcardshows.com

Who's coming?

Anyone want to set up some trades ahead of time?

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Jon beat me to it...

Show is October 4 from 3pm to 7pm
and October 5 from 9am to 3pm

Our first guest has been announced: Eisner Award winning artist Gabriel Bautista.

Gabriel's art will be on our P7 Promo. Pics when the actual cards arrive.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Just updated the website with pictures of our P7 promo and the Scifi Cards promo.

www.nonsportcardshows.com

More to add as they arrive!

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Lovemesomecards
posted Hide Post
I'm coming with the kids. We are planning to be there both days. Booked a room for the 3 of us. Kids are looking forward to swimming and spending my money.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Lovemesomecards,

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lovemesomecards:

I'm coming with the kids.

Hurray. Big Grin Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm coming with the kids. We are planning to be there both days.

Great news! I'm working on something different for kids to do at the show. Will post when everything falls into place.

Ed

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:

Great news! I'm working on something different for kids to do at the show. Will post when everything falls into place.

Ed

Cool. Can't wait to find out what it is!

Posts: 749 | Location: Rockford,Illinois | Registered: July 01, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Still signing up dealers. Tell your favorite card dealer to sign up now for the best spots (not that there are bad ones).

Ed

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
quote:

Ed

I know...a case sorting race! The winner gets to keep a base set for themself. Sheep

I look forward to seeing all of the usual suspects. If anyone is looking for anything in particular, feel free to shoot me an email. I will have quite a bit of Garbage Pail Kids Chrome in tow for anyone interested in filling sets.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
I will be looking for some GPK Chrome cards. This has been a busy week making trades.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Adriana said she will be looking for My Little Pony cards. I will just be bringing along my extensive want list. I would love to finish up Spartacus 2011 Premium set or pick up some autos/costumes in my Vampire Diaries Season 1 set.

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Am really looking forward to this show. Will bring a few autos and inserts for trade.

Looking to finish up both retro sets from James Bond 50th, and a few Game of Thrones inserts.
Plan on being there both days. Looking forward to seeing you all!

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On Friday after the show closes is there "hanging" out that happens? I want to make sure I don't miss out on any thing important. LOL

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Adriana said she will be looking for My Little Pony cards. I will just be bringing along my extensive want list. I would love to finish up Spartacus 2011 Premium set or pick up some autos/costumes in my Vampire Diaries Season 1 set.

I have series 2 MLP packs and the lunchbox set they did with all sorts of stuff in it.

Ed

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
On Friday after the show closes is there "hanging" out that happens? I want to make sure I don't miss out on any thing important. LOL

Good question. I normally head out for food and any supplies I forgot.

Does anyone hang out in the restaurant? Their food is good and it's awfully convient.

Ed

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post

Final 2 days for the special show rate of $69.95 for a standard room at the host hotel.

Use group code CNS when making your reservation online or on the phone. RATE EXPIRES ON SEPTEMBER 20th.

Hotel Info On Our Site

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Their is a Portillo's close by on North Avenue. It is usually noisy though.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
It has become a tradition that my friend Dave and I have supper in the hotel restaurant right after the show ends.
Food is pretty good and last year they had a seafood buffet.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I like the idea of the hotel restuarant. When the kids get bored I can send them to our room or the arcade. LOL

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
I like the idea of the hotel restuarant. When the kids get bored I can send them to our room or the arcade. LOL

I'd be willing to give up my 5 Guys burger and fries to hang out with like minded people. Sounds like we have a gathering on our hands.

Ed