Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    C2E2 March 18-20 2011.
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

C2E2 March 18-20 2011.
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
I would rather go to Paul's show the weekend before this show, but with the artist line up and great guests - I might have to figure out how to spend the week in Chicago and visit them both !

If you could chill in Chicago for a week it would be awesome as this looks to be a great show.

If you are only going to make it to one of Paul's show I'd look for one of his 'event' shows -- there is typically a lot of cool stuff going on at those.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
now you have peaked my intrest
what is an "event" show?
- I have only been to one show, Philly #53 last year and I was blown away but what I found there

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hcbrewer:
now you have peaked my intrest
what is an "event" show?
- I have only been to one show, Philly #53 last year and I was blown away but what I found there

Paul typically has one big show a year -- a two day show with many guests, and get together breakfasts/dinners. . . they often have a charity auction, film screenings and trading session. . .

Unfortunately it looks like his 2011 shows are all smaller 1 day shows. . . Hopefully the bigger show will return next year!

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Ed's promo is listed as a show exclusive now. . . Looks cool!

Scifi Cards
Booth(s): 1032
Promo Trading Card
Fourth in our line of alien trading cards, this one features art by Ian Walker of Obsidian Studios.

Small enough pic? Let's try these...

I've been assured that they will be done in time.

Also, if anyone is interested. I have a page on the website with all my promo information: www.scificards.com/sfcpromos.htm

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

Small enough pic? Let's try these...

I could have made it smaller, but I just stole what C2E2 had posted! Nice looking card.

posted Hide Post
Marco. . .

It is very cool that a non-sport card guy is bringing celebs and having panels at shows. . . It is awesome. I can't wait to see your spread at the show and pick up my Vampire Diaries set. What promo will the Vampire Diaries set come with?

Thanks,

Jon

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Marco. . .

It is very cool that a non-sport card guy is bringing celebs and having panels at shows. . . It is awesome. I can't wait to see your spread at the show and pick up my Vampire Diaries set. What promo will the Vampire Diaries set come with?

Thanks,

Jon

Times are tough when it comes to Non-Sport Cards, So I am trying some new things.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great idea of a Middleman reunion! But I believe Matt's last name is spelled wrong. I think it is "Keeslar", not "Kessler".

Posts: 53 | Location: Hacienda Heights, CA | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer:
Great idea of a Middleman reunion! But I believe Matt's last name is spelled wrong. I think it is "Keeslar", not "Kessler".

Looks misspelled on C2E2's site too. . .

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jennifer:

Thanks for catching that. It all came together so fast I never really had a chance to proof it, since I thought I had it right =) But the corrections are made now.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
There is now a show map available on the C2E2 website.

http://www.c2e2.com/en/About-C...out-My-Show-Planner/

Looks like a great layout with both Marvel and DC front and center of the action. The map is interactive and you can hover over the spots and see the dealer name. I'm at 1032 and 258 West is in 1030.

I also counted the artists in Artist Alley, and they are over 200 now, 219 entries and some of those are multiple artists!

Shaping up to be a great show.

Ed

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I noticed yesterday they had the panel and screening schedules up too.

Marco's True Blood panel looks like one of the most interesting at the show. I hope they get a HUGE crowd.

Jon

posted Hide Post
. . . just announced Chris Hemsworth. . .

This is getting really interesting.

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Some are not so excited about Hemsworth now...

Thre is one public Q & A session, with VIP's getting reserved seating in the front.

The only way to get an autograph or photo is to get the $200 Hemsworth VIP Package:

quote:
Exclusive Photo Opportunity and Autograph signing with Chris Hemsworth the star of Thor on Saturday, March 19
Guaranteed seating in the Chris Hemsworth Q&A panel on Saturday, March 19
Exclusive Hemsworth Badge that functions as a 3-Day pass
Exclusive private signing with Garth Ennis
Exclusive private signing with Matt Fraction
First access to the show floor (Note: this is not early access. VIP’s will be allowed on the floor first, but not early.)
VIP Lounge - includes private coat check, private ATM, refreshments and couches for relaxing
10% discount on all C2E2 show store merchandise
Ultimate Comics Spider-Man #155 C2E2 Variant by Brian Michael Bendis & Chris Samnee
Amazing Spider-Man #642 NYCC Variant
Exclusive NYCC Variant Cover by JOHN ROMITA SR. & JOHN ROMITA JR
Written by Mark Waid & Stan Lee
Penciled by PAUL AZACETA & MARCOS MARTIN

Makes for an expensive weekend, but Hemsworth does not do many shows.

Starting to get ready for this one already. So much to do in so little time...

Ed

posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how I feel about that. . . I'm not an in person autograph buyer so it doesn't impact me, but it does include a 3-day pass which costs $50. . . The VIP lounge could be good if the food and drinks are free. . . And the other stuff has some value. . .

The NYCC Variant sells for $30-50

Sucks to have to bundle it with other stuff, but doesn't seem to be a bad value. . .

Looking forward to this show. . . hoping they pull out some big announcements right before the show like they did last year. . .

Jon

This message has been edited. Last edited by: webjon,

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
The promo cards arrived today! Bouncey

I'll have these at Paul's show the week before as well for those not coming to C2E2.

Ed

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
C2E2 News - The Middleman Reunion Panel Modrated by the man himself Mark Sheppard. Full cast - Natalie Morales, Matt Keeslar, Mary Pat Gleason, Brit Morgan, Jake Smollett & the Creator of The Middleman Javier Grillo-Marxuach

quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:

posted Hide Post
I'm all geared up for the show. . . who else am I going to run into?

See you there!

Jon

posted Hide Post
Any pics or reviews?