Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    London Film & Comic Con
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

London Film & Comic Con
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted
LFCC will be at Earl's Court next weekend (11-13 July). Hoping to get there on the Saturday Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
They certainly have some great guests booked in.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Showmasters always bang on about how each event will be the biggest and best yet, but this one does look to be huge. Carrie Fisher was a great last minute announcement.

Still, doubt I'll top meeting Gillian Anderson at 2012's LFCC!

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:

Still, doubt I'll top meeting Gillian Anderson at 2012's LFCC!

Good call. Thumb Up That was a great guest

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
Planning on going on Saturday Smile

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Got an early bird ticket for the Saturday Big Grin

Considering buying a Sunday ticket on the door, so many guests I'd love to meet!

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
so glad I was not at this show, people queuing for 4-7 hours outside, total shambles. Twak

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Raj
posted Hide Post
People were still queuing at 4pm to get in.

Posts: 3249 | Location: Luton, UK | Registered: October 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Well I stood in line from 10-12 and saw it was at least another 2 hours to get in, went to the pub for an hour and walked back past the queue and where I had been must have had at least another 90 minutes to go! I went home to enjoy the sunshine and a BBQ. There were 2 young lads in the queue attending their first show, they didn't stay either. Hardly any staff outside and people standing in the hot sun. A shambles.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
This was my second show, after Newcastle in March. Learnt from the wait at that one the value of an early bird ticket and entry was smooth for me this time, but with the same queuing issues I have to wonder why they don't just make it an advanced ticket only event to save on the mass disappointment - surely Showmasters know how popular the London one is just from empirical evidence! I got in about 9:20 and got autograph tickets straight away but still had 474 for Summer Glau. By the end of the day she had no tickets left but was still only up to <570, so I can't see how those who queued up for hours and finally got in, even had a chance to see her. Stan Lee's queue was apparently off the charts.

I had a GREAT day though! Got what I went for (minus Pedro Pascal and Natalie Dormer's last minute cancellations Frown ) and met up with some friends who I won't be able to see that often/easily after moving in June. Plus a load of card swag of course Smile

Tyler Mane was probably my favourite meeting, and Juliet Landau was a nice chat too! Ended up talking about Justice League for a while despite me knowing her mostly from my Buffy/Angel fan days.

Some fun inscriptions:
Summer: No power in the verse can stop me
Tyler: Run like hell boy!

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
It was the busiest LFCC I've been to in recent years. Showmasters are stating that there was 40-50% increase in attendance for the Saturday.

I had a standard entry ticket for Saturday. Longer queue than usual to get it but once it started moving it was ok, but it was when you got into the venue that it was so jam packed. There was nowhere to go and it was just got gridlocked. It was very hot due to the weather and everybody packed in the main room. Not sure how the dealers/sellers got on as I found it difficult to get to any of the stalls to have a good look, plus due to it being so hot and packed I just wanted to get of the main hall.

Due to the queues only decided to get one autograph which was Michael Madsen. Got ticket 375 and it finally got to 400 around around 3:30ish. There was no more than 5 people in the queue. Mr Madsen didn't have much to say, perhaps he was hot and bothered like the rest of u, but at least he didn't torture me!

I mainly went for the comic writers/artist which was in separate building. That was a lot more peaceful and to got see everyone I wanted to see.

I left about 4ish and there was still a massive queue of people waiting to get in. The poor people had no chance of seeing or doing anything at that time.

Will probably avoid the Saturday next year if it's at the same venue.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
I was there at stupid o'clock on the Sunday after hearing about the utter fiasco that was Saturday. Not impressed with a lot of the organisers actions during the show and on their own forums afterward where they are very gung-ho about deleting the accurate feedback that doesn't cast them in a good light. Lots of fans got shafted this weekend due to poor organisation and I feel truly sorry for those who spent their time and money to not even get in, or missed out on the people they wanted to meet.

I feel fortunate to sat I met some good guests. I found Michael Madsen fantastic. For Potato Head, apparently he was still jet-lagged on Saturday having one had 1hrs sleep the night before.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by X:
For Potato Head, apparently he was still jet-lagged on Saturday having one had 1hrs sleep the night before.

Cheers that would explain a lot. Thumb Up I don't expect the temperature helped