Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Collectormania....Milton Keynes..Nov 15--17.
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Collectormania....Milton Keynes..Nov 15--17.
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted
Collectormania 20 is on at Milton Keynes on November 15, 16, 17.

Lots of great guests and dealers.

Admission to the event...Free

Car Parking...Free

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Hope they get some decent guests!! Ewok reunion??!!!

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
This is very quiet for a large free show, is anyone going?

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Going to try and make it Friday - hopefully not as crowded. Weather forecast is:
Friday - High of 8º, Cloudy, 20% chance of rain
Saturday - High of 11º, Partly cloudy, zero rain
Sunday - High of 10º, scattered showers, 30% chance of rain

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Might go Saturday - but memorabilia is the following week. Can only spend the money once!!

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Might go Saturday - but memorabilia is the following week. Can only spend the money once!!

Have it on a piece of elastic - Wolfie has been spending the same fiver since 1985 Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Mind you - that fiver of wolfie's is even more frayed at the edges that Wolfie is and that IS saying something Big Grin

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of X
posted Hide Post
Wanted to go to this and the Winter London FCC show but I feel Showmasters are spreading the 'good' guests a little thin by doubling up on shows like that have this year.

Posts: 3136 | Location: England | Registered: June 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of paul hart
posted Hide Post
Hi
This show is now in the long awaited convention
Centre,next to stadium-so much bigger,less packed in and no chilly spots!!!
Should be more comfortable all round!!
Free show
Free parking
And wolfie!!
What more could you ask?..... Smile

Posts: 353 | Location: uk | Registered: July 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by paul hart:
Hi
This show is now in the long awaited convention
Centre,next to stadium-so much bigger,less packed in and no chilly spots!!!
Should be more comfortable all round!!
Free show
Free parking
And wolfie!!
What more could you ask?..... Smile

You would have thought they would have made a big deal about it being in the convention centre but they don't mention it at all!! Any mention of Wolfie would badly affect attendance numbers

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Potato Head
posted Hide Post
Will probably give it a miss (haven't been since it's been at the football ground). Planning to go to Thoughtbubble the following weekend.

Posts: 751 | Location: UK | Registered: November 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well in terms of guests this show blows Memorabilia away and it is all free so you would think people would be pouring into this one.
I can't see many people going specially to Memorabilia for the guest signings.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Well in terms of guests this show blows Memorabilia away and it is all free so you would think people would be pouring into this one.

I agree with you in terms of signings - Memorabilia is very poor with a lot of repeat signers Red Dwarf (always there), Hannah Spearritt (at last show as well) and lots of bit part actors, unless there are some annoucements to come.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
The problem for me with Collectormania is the 300 mile round trip. Even by Motorway, it's around three hours each way plus the cost of the fuel. Memorabilia is about half that but still works out too expensive Frown

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
The problem for me with Collectormania is the 300 mile round trip. Even by Motorway, it's around three hours each way plus the cost of the fuel. Memorabilia is about half that but still works out too expensive Frown

You would be a lot better off on the train, if you order your tickets months in advance they really are cheap as chips.
If I do Milton Keynes from Wolverhampton it was £3.50 each way on the train but that was months ago, if I purchased them now it would be about £20 each way.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Wonder if there will be any new promos there ? I know that Umbrella Cards said that their P6 and P7 promos on Beauties of Vengeance would be out at UK shows before the end of 2013, and they are not out yet. P1-P3 were out in 2012, P4-P5 at UK shows earlier this year.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
You would be a lot better off on the train, if you order your tickets months in advance they really are cheap as chips.
If I do Milton Keynes from Wolverhampton it was £3.50 each way on the train but that was months ago, if I purchased them now it would be about £20 each way.
Not really an option, for various reasons planning more than a week or three ahead is about all I can manage. Months ahead just doesn't happen.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Were there any cards or promos at the show ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Were there any cards or promos at the show ?

Highly doubtful I would have thought.