Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Cyphan: Chicago SF & Fantasy Convention July 29-31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cyphan: Chicago SF & Fantasy Convention July 29-31
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
I'll be at this show, and Bill from Looky Here will also be there. So at least 2 dealers will have cards.

Friday: Noon - 6:00 pm
Saturday: 9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Sunday: 9:00 am - 2:00 pm

3 Day Pass: $55.00
1 Day Pass: $30.00
3 Day Teen Pass: $15.00
3 Day Gamer Pass: $15.00 (Gaming and Dealer Room only)
Kids 12 and under are Free

Lots of options above this too for all the different events.

Guests Include:
Robert Picardo (ST Voyager, Stargate SG1 & Atlantis)
Chase Masterson (ST Deep Space 9) Luv You
Jason Carter (Babylon 5)
Nicki Clyne (New Battlestar Galactica) Luv You
Richard Hatch (New & TOS Battlestar Galactica)
Dirk Benedict (TOS Battlestar Galactica)
Jack Stauffer (TOS Battlestar Galactica)
Herb Jefferson Jr. (TOS Battlestar Galactica)

There is a horror film festival, costume contests, and the popular Imperial Ball.

All the details are at: www.cyphan.com

Hope to see some of you there, sounds like fun!

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Chase Masterson is such a sweetheart. So down to Earth and outgoing, too.
I've met her a couple times, at some Connecticut Cons, way back in the 90s.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
$75 for a table for the weekend? Eek

Too bad I didn't know about this show earlier.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I think Mike still has tables- I will be there! With bells on!
(well.....

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
According to the site, they are sold out.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
I was told they were sold out and had a waiting list. So I think it's too late at this point.

Should be a fun weekend.

Ed

Posts: 5081 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Cyphan is this coming weekend.

Any Card Talkers going to make the show?

I'll have a big assortment of current product, the August/September NSU, and the debut of my P9 promo card with art by Sherry Leak.

As always, if anyone wants to set up a trade in advance send me an email (mine's in my profile) or contact me on Facebook.

Ed

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Well, I am back, briefly, from the second day of the show, have to go to a wedding tonight, However, a quick report.
Have not seen many of my customers at the show. The promoter is doing an earnest job at trying to get everything done and as best as he can for everyone. Business is a little slow, however, several folks showed interest in the Treasure Chest Foundation, gave away approx 500 postcards for the Expo, made some trades and some good buys. Also,made a few contacts for future projects.
For those of you following Connie's Art for the convention badge, in which she won the contest Cyphan sponsored, the piece is absolutely beautiful and the photos on the web do not do it justice at all! Connie has the original at the show. If you are interested in viewing the piece, please check Connie's Deviant page.
The piece is of three of the Battlestar actors and two of the three were kind enough to have autographed the piece. Connie is donating this finished piece to the Chicago Expo Charity Auction in Sept!
I will be posting the images and min bid requirements on the website in the next couple or so weeks. So keep your eyes peeled!
Also met a few new friends! Can't have too many you know.
Take care and see you all really soon in Chicago!
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post