Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Virtual October Philly Non-Sports Card Show
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virtual October Philly Non-Sports Card Show
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
We have decided to give the virtual format a chance and conduct a piece of the Philly Non-Sports Card Show virtually on the same weekend as the Fall show was originally scheduled to be held, October 16-18. During the weekend, we will bring our Sunday-morning Card Talk program online with a series of six great sessions you can attend via Zoom. Listed below are the programs:

• Talking Garbage Pail Kids & More with Topps (Friday, 10 AM) - Ira Friedman & Jessica Kanzer
  • Three Decades of Topps (Friday, 12 PM) - Gary Gerani
  • SideKick and Mars Attacks (Saturday, 10 AM) - Tom Lichtman & Adam Levine
  • Faerie Metal Photography (Saturday, 2 PM) - Jacob & Julie Stem
  • Artist Chenduz (Sunday, 10 AM) - Chenduz
  • What's New from Perna Studios (Sunday, 12 PM) - Elaine & Tony Perna

We hope you'll agree it's an outstanding line-up!

For $10 ($15 for international buyers), you will receive two Philly Non-Sports Card Show promo cards and you may attend as many panels as you would like (each panel will be limited to 100 participants). The promo cards are from our ongoing red-border Philly Show series, numbered #109 and #110, and will be exclusive to this online event. They will be sent out shortly after the virtual show has ended. As we typically do, we are keeping those depicted on the cards as a surprise until you receive them. Your $10 (or $15) also goes to support a show so many of us hold near and dear so that we may continue to hold in-person shows once conditions improve. Speaking of which, our next show (#74) is scheduled for May 15 & 16, 2021.

You can find a few more details and sign up at the link below:

Virtual Philly Show

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of pcetodd
posted Hide Post
Nice! Gotme ticket.

Posts: 2362 | Location: Maine | Registered: August 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome, I'm in!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Great. Thanks very much Todd and Ted.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
I'm in. Thanks Harris and everybody else involved for setting this up. Looking forward to it

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes I will be in if I can sort out a way to hook up too it.

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
I'm in

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
This is really nice. It's like the times when there has been a CT breakfast theme and another 'forum' upstairs too, times several.

I'm all-in as soon as I find out whether I'll be available that weekend. (And if I figure out why I've lost the mic input on the computer and have to do audio separately by phone.) I keep finding out that I can't be in the neighborhood when the physical shows happen. Elephant

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by allender:
This is really nice. It's like the times when there has been a CT breakfast theme and another 'forum' upstairs too, times several.

I'm all-in as soon as I find out whether I'll be available that weekend. (And if I figure out why I've lost the mic input on the computer and have to do audio separately by phone.) I keep finding out that I can't be in the neighborhood when the physical shows happen. Elephant

Thanks Jeff. Hope you can make it (which sounds funny as you don't have to go anywhere!).

Speaking of which, we felt like that was one of the cool things about this. It's the one time anyone can attend the Philly Show, whether they are in New Jersey or California or the UK! You don't need to be in the area. Of course, we can't bring the dealers to you but at least we're able to have a small part of the show. And you'll get two Philly Show promos!

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Just a quick reminder, the Virtual Philly Non-Sports Card Show starts three weeks from tomorrow. We'll have six Zoom panels you can attend with sessions with card companies and artists. And everyone who signs up gets two Philly Show promos.

For more info and to sign-up, visit:

Virtual Philly Show

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Harris
I am trying to sign up for the Virtual Philly Show
It is an International address.
When I come to the address it wont accept my address it says change address
It seems that I only have to have an address in the city that is selected in my area but my address is a hundred miles from that city
Any ideas
Thanks
Ross

Posts: 760 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piko:
Hi Harris
I am trying to sign up for the Virtual Philly Show
It is an International address.
When I come to the address it wont accept my address it says change address
It seems that I only have to have an address in the city that is selected in my area but my address is a hundred miles from that city
Any ideas
Thanks
Ross

Hi Ross:

Sorry...I missed your post. I am going to send you an email. We'll get it sorted.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We are excited to announce two promo cards have been added to the Virtual Philly Show. When you purchase an "all access pass" to the virtual show, you will receive access to the six online sessions (as space permits) and FOUR promo cards. You will receive the two previously announced red-border Philly Show cards and....

* Brand Busters Stickers promo card from artist Jon Gregory. The promo card is unnumbered and includes the Philly Show logo on the back. Learn more about Brand Busters Stickers at brandbusterstickers.com

* Scifi Cards P62 promo card with art by Nester Celario, Jr. This one also includes the Philly Show logo on the reverse.

Pick-up your pass at: https://bit.ly/36imhCP

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Harris,

Thanks for the virtual show. I am looking forward to the panels.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks stevetrek.

By the way, Zoom links have been sent to all those who signed up so far. Please check your inbox.

For those who have not signed up, you may still do so at https://bit.ly/36imhCP.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Harris
I am still finding a way to be able to sign up Pay Pal will not accept payment unless I change my address. any other way to pay or sign up
Thanks
Ross

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by piko:
Hi Harris
I am still finding a way to be able to sign up Pay Pal will not accept payment unless I change my address. any other way to pay or sign up
Thanks
Ross

Hmmm....I'm surprised you are having such trouble with this. Can you use the credit card side of PayPal to pay with your credit card? Would that work for you?

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Just a reminder to those who signed up. Don't forget you'll need to sign up for those sessions you are interested in attending. Once you do, you'll receive an automated email from Zoom with login details.

Sign-up links were included in the email we sent out yesterday. If you need help, please let me know.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Looking forward to the first event today

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
If we're signed up and miss it, will we be able to watch a recorded version at the same link? Something came up at work and I'm going to miss the 10:00 one today. Frown

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post