Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Virtual October Philly Non-Sports Card Show
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Virtual October Philly Non-Sports Card Show
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Great idea Ted, I was pulled away during both sessions as I was at work also, really was enjoying the 12 noon chat with Gary!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I logged on early for Gary Gerani - and ...DOH! that was noon Eastern time. So I only caught the last 15 minutes or so. Learned my lesson, be back tomorrow at 1 pm my time for Faerie Metal...
Thanks for doing this Harris, good to see you again too.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Harris is now ready to embark on his Hollywood career! Harris the first session had a Doctor Who picture in the background, the second session had something different. Clearly this was planned?

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I told the boss early in the week that I was taking Friday off. I logged in early because I had problems with other Zoom events and if things went haywire, I'd have to scramble to connect with the phone. No problems today watching on the big screen with audio working.

Gary's been one of my heroes because I consider card backs a main attraction. Topps is making enough GPK collectibles and collaborations to make my head (and wallet) ache.

I expect that most of regular Card Talk denizens would have watched if they could. One thing I miss about the physical shows is the chance to gather and talk about the panel or interview afterwards, over a barbecue sandwich or on the expo hall floor. Maybe this is the place to meet that way between now and Happy Hour.

Tomorrow I can see whether I can win some battles with the Pokemons I named after Julie and Jake. (Shiny!)

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Harris,

The Topps sessions were very interesting. Gary has quite a collection around him.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Great start Harris, looking forward to today and Sunday

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Thanks all! It was kind of nerve wracking as our test sessions kind of went poorly so I was happy these came out without many issues. Fingers crossed the rest go as smoothly.

I was really happy with both but especially the Topps one as they shared a lot of good info. Gary was kind animated too and we could probably have a 5 hour session with him.

Looking forward to today's sessions -- our manufacturer's day with SideKick and Faerie Metal.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Faerie Metal went well. Jacob answered my question before I even got a chance to ask it. He showed us some new projects he had just done and Harris did a great job keeping the show rolling. Looking forward to Pernas tomorrow, and possible shenanigans...

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
I found out about this SUNDAY as it came to a close. I would have LOVED to be involved (being in Florida, and doing the annual Monsterwax haunted house, I can never attend in person). Why, oh WHY didn't I see this sooner? (Insert howling sound effect here.) Would have loved to see Gary, the Sidekick crowd, and Faerie Metal panels, too. Or heck, just join in with other attendees for some meet & greet on zoom and laugh at life some.

Will there be any video available to viewing after the fact? (Even if there's a fee, it would be fun to see and worthwhile for those of us who missed it.)

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of andynova
posted Hide Post
Thank you Harris for organizing this virtual show. It was enjoyable and informative. Also thanks to all the panelists that participated. I enjoyed the happy hour session. Kevin W. talked so much that his microphone now has to take a nap. Wink

Posts: 106 | Location: West Chester, PA, USA | Registered: December 18, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Seems that everyone had a good time with this virtual show
I was disappointed that I missed it Pay Pal would not accept my address I do not know why as I have everything in order with Pay Pal and they have accepted everything that I have put through them
I had no luck ringing them as I got a We are closed reply
This morning I received a E Mail from them asking me to give feedback on the call cheek of them
Anyway it seems that it went off well I hope there will be another one and I can get a chance to to play a part in it
Thanks to Harris for keeping the hobby in the limelight
Piko

Posts: 759 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I am really sorry you missed it Piko.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I still want to know where Raven was?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by andynova:
Thank you Harris for organizing this virtual show. It was enjoyable and informative. Also thanks to all the panelists that participated. I enjoyed the happy hour session. Kevin W. talked so much that his microphone now has to take a nap. Wink

Sorry if I upset you and prevented you from talking

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Hammer, I enjoyed your comments. glad you could make it.

Picture of monsterwax
posted Hide Post
So Harris, will any of these zoom videos be available for others to see (for a fee perhaps)? I'm one of the "out of the loopers" who found out too late and would have loved to watch any of it live-- but if not live, however it can be managed.

Posts: 404 | Location: Tallahassee, FL | Registered: April 12, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by monsterwax:
So Harris, will any of these zoom videos be available for others to see (for a fee perhaps)? I'm one of the "out of the loopers" who found out too late and would have loved to watch any of it live-- but if not live, however it can be managed.

We're still having a think on that. I will post here if/when they are available.

I'm sorry you missed it. We had some really interesting sessions. It was fun too and I thank everyone who purchased one of our "all access pass" and participated as well as the manufacturers and artists who gave their time to chat with us.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I really enjoyed the 2 Friday sessions, especially Gary's. He answered my question about the infamous Star Wars Galaxy flying Yoda promo.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
Harris,

This was really enjoyable. All the presenters were well spoken. I also liked the way the picture on the wall behind you changed for each session.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stevetrek:
Harris,

This was really enjoyable. All the presenters were well spoken. I also liked the way the picture on the wall behind you changed for each session.

Ha! I wondered if anyone would notice that. Batman did too (maybe Jeff too). It was just something I did to amuse myself and see if anyone would catch on.