Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    MEMORABILIA March 22 / 23
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MEMORABILIA March 22 / 23
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
great to see 4 from this is England are now going to be there.

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Will be at the show about to start getting stuff ready. Will be heading to the show on Friday for set-up.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Just for a change I shall be attending this show on the train. Smile

Anyone with a memory of my history with trains is probably laughing already. Big Grin

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of steshell
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Just for a change I shall be attending this show on the train. Smile

Anyone with a memory of my history with trains is probably laughing already. Big Grin

You'll be ok. I've heard that the weather will be great in Aberystwyth that day.

Steve

Posts: 234 | Location: Telford, Shropshire, United Kingdom | Registered: September 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
well I'm ready, let's get this show started. Thumb Up

There goes my train......... Elephant

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Taken me a while to post my report as I was busy opening boxes Smile .Day did not start off very well as the organisers seem to be doing everything possible to make you book online Roll Eyes .I spent five minutes when I got to Hall 4 at 08.30 looking for a ticket booth to buy my early entry pass. When I could not find any open I asked a security man who said I needed to go to Hall 3a.When I got there there was a queue of about 100 people waiting to buy tickets but no open ticket kiosks Mad .Eventually they decided to open some up about five minutes before the show opened and I got my ticket. I then had to go and wait in another queue before finally getting into the show about 09.10 Shake Head .

After that I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable shows in years for me. There were not as many people as the November show but, probably because it was all in one hall, there seemed to be a lot more in costume. Have to admit it is probably my age but I was thinking "does your mum know you've gone out dressed like that!".

The card dealers I spoke to during the day all seemed to be doing OK if not spectacular business. My first stop was the Comic Con autograph zone wher I found that the Sleepy Hollow guests would not be there till 11.00 but that Greyston Holt and Andrew Lee Potts would be around about 10.00.

Had a look round and found where all the regular card dealers were situated and then came back and got Grayston Holt's auto (free! Big Grin) and Andrew Lee Potts (on it's way to you next week Chris).Both were very friendly and chatty, can't wait for Bitten to get a UK broadcaster.

As I still had plenty of time before 11.00 I did a bit of shopping, and met a lupine friend at Paul from Umbrella trading cards tables. Asked Paul about the Beauties of Vengeance P7 and he said it would be out in a couple of months. Paul had two binders of cards priced at £2 each or 6 for £10 and I snapped up these Big Grin

Particularly pleased with the Chris Henderson CSI sketch and the three fantasy art sketches. Beauties of Vengeance P8 is also in the second photo.

Visited Jason at Cult Stuff who has the next Sherlock Holmes set due out in two weeks. Talked to Huy Truong who had some excellent artwork on display and bought this really nice AP from The Avengers for £20 off him.

Now back to the Comic Con Zone and joined what was at the time a small queue of about six for the three Sleepy Hollow actors (Nicole Behari, Katia Winter, and Lyndie Greenwood).By the time they arrived just after 11.00 there must have been at least 50 people behind me so I was glad I went when I did. Again all three of the ladies were really friendly and seemed genuinely surprised so many people were there.

I needed a rest then so went out and got a ridiculously expensive pint of beer before going back into the hall. My last stop before going home was Dean Roger's tables to pick up some Blakes 7 series 2 from him and also some Dead Divas from Jason Wright of Unstoppable cards. Both gave me some extras as well as the promos below Thumb Up .

Jason's promos for My favourite Martian and The Man Who Fell to Earth and Dean's exclusive promos for Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes (Patrick Hamill puzzle) and Blakes 7 series 2. Dean is also getting some more exclusive cards for this set which were not ready in time.

Apologies to anyone I met that I have forgotten but as you can tell from the length of this report it was a busy day!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Triple-Frog,

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great haul, Triple-Frog!! You got some really nice autos and sketches! Smile

Love the My Favorite Martian promo, too. More childhood TV memories. Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
show promo info in the promo card section.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Aside from the Sherlock, aren't the rest of the promos in the scans from the last UK show in November and/or the ones given away when you bought the Unstoppable preview sets in 2013 ?

Anyone know where I can find the Beauties of Vengeance P8 ?

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
Aside from the Sherlock, aren't the rest of the promos in the scans from the last UK show in November and/or the ones given away when you bought the Unstoppable preview sets in 2013 ?

Anyone know where I can find the Beauties of Vengeance P8 ?

I don't think any of those promos were available at the November show, definitely not the My Favorite Martian as Jason only recently acquired the rights.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That Blakes 7 in the scan looks like one of the 7 dealer promos they did in late 2013, which people saw at the fall UK show (wasn't that memorabilia ?)

As for My Favorite Martian, when people bought the Wicker Man and the Man Who Fell to Earth preview sets this past year, Jason included the Martian promo with many of the orders that shipped. I have a few !

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David R:
That Blakes 7 in the scan looks like one of the 7 dealer promos they did in late 2013, which people saw at the fall UK show (wasn't that memorabilia ?)

As for My Favorite Martian, when people bought the Wicker Man and the Man Who Fell to Earth preview sets this past year, Jason included the Martian promo with many of the orders that shipped. I have a few !

You are correct Thumb Up . I did a bit of research and the Blakes 7 is for series 1. For the Beauties of Vengeance P8 try contacting Paul James who runs Umbrella Trading Cards in the UK. He creates the promos as extras for people who buy from him.