Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Photos from Pop Art Con - June 10, 2012
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Photos from Pop Art Con - June 10, 2012
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Great photo's, thanks for posting. Clap

Posts: 29001 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
Yes, they're excellent Thumb Up
Especiall since I couldn't be there, it's so great to see them.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Awesome pics! It looks like it was a great time. I truly wish I could have made it down.

Posts: 2280 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was able to attend and had a great time! Since it was a small show it was nice to be able to speak with the artists for more than a few minutes. It was also nice, for me, to view some other work from other artists that are not as well known as others. There is some really great work out there...but then again, everyone knows that. Hopefully this will become bigger and become an annual event. The only problem was the amount of paid attendees...it sounded like the amount that attended was below expectation.

Posts: 67 | Location: Catawissa, PA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pics, looks like some of the greats from the sketch card world were there, would love to have met them. Hope everyone had a great time.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
Great pix!! Lots of talent stored up in one room...

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by coalregion:
The only problem was the amount of paid attendees...it sounded like the amount that attended was below expectation.

I'm not privvy as to what attendance was expected, but I should imagine that for things to improve it needs to be a two day show. That, for me, would be the only way I could justify the trip. I hope those who went had a stupendous time Thumb Up

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:
The only problem was the amount of paid attendees...it sounded like the amount that attended was below expectation.

I'm not privvy as to what attendance was expected, but I should imagine that for things to improve it needs to be a two day show. That, for me, would be the only way I could justify the trip. I hope those who went had a stupendous time Thumb Up

I had a great time and just wanted to thank everyone involved. I had a great time and hope that there's a Pop Art Con 2 coming in 2013.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:

I had a great time and just wanted to thank everyone involved. I had a great time and hope that there's a Pop Art Con 2 coming in 2013.

Thanks very much Laura. And thank you for your help with the show as well!

By the way, for those on Facebook, I put up a few more pictures tonight on the Pop Art Con Facebook page. Those are Cliff Tooker's pictures.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I would like to suggest making it a Saturday show only. No way a 2 days show would work. Sunday is a killer with traffic and I would bet more people would come on Saturday because there are usually family affairs on Sunday.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I LOL'ed at your "at least one artist was working comment"...

tee hee

Posts: 113 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post