Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    San Diego Comic Con Mystery Packs
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Diego Comic Con Mystery Packs
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
The Leonard Nimoy is not a dealer incentive. It was randomly inserted into the packs at a rate of approximately 1 for every 100 packs. There are 45 numbered autos and 4,488 packs were produced.
That's what I thought Thumb Up ....rushes off to order another 90 packs Big Grin

Posts: 1529 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kevin F:
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:
I see the Breygent SDCC Comic-Con Leonard Nimoy Ultra Rare card is "Dealer Incentive" according to seller on the bay. Very disappointed as was hoping for an outside chance of pulling it from my packs.
Are you sure about that ? I can only find one of these over on eBay in the current and completed listings and it makes no mention of being a 'Dealer Incentive', just that it's an SDCC exclusive.

See link below;
Leonard Nimoy Transformers

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beamer:
The Leonard Nimoy is not a dealer incentive. It was randomly inserted into the packs at a rate of approximately 1 for every 100 packs. There are 45 numbered autos and 4,488 packs were produced. But there is a super rare Nimoy. It is numbered "Prime 1 through Prime 7" It is an exclusive dealer incentive and only 7 were produced.

Posts: 138 | Location: England | Registered: August 24, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
To confirm, there are 45 Nimoys randomly inserted in the Mystery Packs

There are also 7 PRIME versions numbered Prime 1-Prime 7 that were dealer incentives.

As someone who has now opened a good amount of these packs I gotta say wow, these are absolutely loaded. I think they are the best Breygent Packs put out at Comic Con yet. All the sketches are very high quality and the props costumes and autographs are all really nice.

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Yes, that is correct.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
have any dealers who did not attend SDCC receive packs yet?

Posts: 93 | Location: Lexington, KY | Registered: July 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by B-Dunc:
have any dealers who did not attend SDCC receive packs yet?

I'm in the U.K. so not really expecting them yet, but hopefully not too long.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got my packs at the show. Back in NYC now and am shipping out today. I dont know if Tom had time to ship out order prior to leaving for SDCC.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
I think he's shipping today.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Get ready for goodness! I wish I had (could afford!) more of this year's Mystery Packs, but I'm happy with my 6 (plus my girl got another) and I thought all 7 packs were well worth the price (3 for $100). It's the handsome presentation of new innovations like the "Z" card along with the ever increasing variety of subjects that makes these magical little grab bags so much fun each year.

I'll post my pulls shortly on Breakdowns, there's a little of everything to see in the 7 packs.

Cheers to Tom, the manufacturer down in the trenches, meeting the people, knowing he's done it again! And hats off to Julio down there with him, in that one little booth at the furthest end of the Comic Con hall, so far from the center of the grand hall, but always at the top of my list to visit each year. Heh, I remember buying Topps Happy Days from Julio at Comic Con over 15 years ago (there were cards for sale on almost every single aisle back then, no kidding!). What a credit to the hobby he's always been.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Small taste of what I have pulled

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Nice stuff, Marco!

I see you got some notable autographs such as the great Alex Ross plus a pair from Al Rio, who unfortunately decided to check out what must have been very shortly after he signed these cards.

I set up a proper Breakdown page for this set if you (or maybe the moderater) wants to move your post over there. No big, but I'm hoping with your many and my few on the same thread, more people will compelled to share images of theirs. I want to see some more of these, esp. the sketches. Marco got some knockouts and I love mine.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I got a couple of the Dead World Zcards. One autographed.
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
(These are all Vampirella Comic Panels )
Man these Comic Panel's will be fun to collect. So far I see at least 30 different possible sets.

For example out of 150 packs I got these

VCP-2 Set of 6 ( got #2 )
VCP-8 Set of 15 ( got #9 )
VCP-9 Set of 8 ( got #3,5 & 6)
VCP-10 Set of 20 ( got #17 )
VCP-11 Set of 30 ( got #9 & 11 )
VCP-12 Set of 34 ( got #1 )
VCP-13 Set of 31 ( got #7,8 & 12)
VCP-14 Set of 24 ( got #1 & 8 )
VCP-16 Set of 36 ( got #6 )
VCP-17 Set of 19 ( got #6 & 18 )
VCP-18 Set of 48 ( got #32, 33 & 37 )
VCP-21 Set of 27 ( got #17 & 24 )
VCP-22 Set of 16 ( got #3 & 7 )
VCP-25 Set of 14 ( got #11, 12 & 13 )
VCP-26 Set of 37 ( got #10 & 16 )
VCP-27 Set of 50 ( got #14,16 & 38 )
VCP-28 Set of 36 ( got #27 & 34 )
VCP-29 Set of 67 ( got #2 )
VCP-30 Set of 70 ( got #33 )

Looks like these are all 1/1 being that each set is taken from the same comic, I guess people just have to collect VCP1 - VCP 30 but that means there will only be a possible 6 complete sets possible ( dont know if there are any in the set limited to less than 6 (VCP-2)

Interesting for sure

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone know this artist ?

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
I believe that is Tim Levandoski. He is a NY based artist.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Got my 3 packs from SciFi Cards today.

Received all promos shown and a couple more from Transformers. Now for the hits:

Pack #1
Red Sonja autograph card Lucio Parrillo (rare).
Red Sonja black printing plate promo.
Warlord of Mars sketch of the 4 arm badie. Really nice work, but the artist didn't sign the back. Maybe abc on front, any ideas?

Pack #2
Red Sonja autograph card Mel Rubi (already shown above).
Vampirella autograph card Michael Golden (also shown).
Dexter autograph card Michael C. Hall (shown earlier). Luv You

Pack #3
Deadworld comic panel #2 of 11.
Transformers autograph card Kevin Dunn. Thumb Up
Dexter wardrobe card Dexter Morgan's leather apron.

Great variety and well worth it, many thanks Ed. Smile And Breygent of course.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Miss Lizzy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:

Warlord of Mars sketch of the 4 arm badie. Really nice work, but the artist didn't sign the back. Maybe abc on front, any ideas?

That's Adam Cleveland (always looks like abc but I think it's actually atc)

Posts: 2070 | Location: Southern California | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miss Lizzy:

That's Adam Cleveland (always looks like abc but I think it's actually atc)

Thanks a lot Miss Lizzy, my knowledge of sketch artists is limited I'm afraid.

Posts: 10382 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
Hi Raven, if you don't want the promo printing plate. I'd love to trade for it. Let me know (address is my profile).

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post