Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    San Diego Comic Con Mystery Packs
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

San Diego Comic Con Mystery Packs
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the offer Szym, but the plate is a great montage print of Red Sonja, so even though its not what I collect its nice enough to keep. Smile

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of Szym
posted Hide Post
No problem, I understand but I had to try. I collect the promos and I am trying to get the printing plates for those. Maybe one day, if you change your mind. Regards.

Posts: 878 | Location: Paris, France | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was very happy with my pulls. I was hoping to pull a John Lithgow autograph card and I did out of my 5 packs. Metal Bouncey Elephant

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rich65:
I was very happy with my pulls. I was hoping to pull a John Lithgow autograph card and I did out of my 5 packs. Metal Bouncey Elephant

Way to go !!!

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got the six packs I bought from you today Marco.Will post the full breakdown tomorrow but I also got a John Lithgow auto Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
I let my son open the first pack and he pulled the rare Dexter prop card numbered 11/35, a Rachael Taylor Transformers auto and a Vampirella auto. Great start Big Grin

Posts: 748 | Location: UK | Registered: March 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I picked up 5 (GREAT) packs from Ed at SciFi Cards and here are my pulls. Scans are in the break section...enjoy!

PACK 1 (noticed the extremely thick card as soon as it was opened since there was barely any room for the other 2 cards)
Dexter Silicone Hand 29/200 Big Grin
David Dorman Dead World 'Red' auto
Greg Land Red Sonja Artist 'Red' auto

PACK 2
Vampirella Sketch by Dan Borgonos (?)
Louis Small Vampirella Artist auto
Red Sonja Black Printing Plate for card RSA-MMB

PACK 3
Joe Jusko Warlords of Mars Z-card Auto
Dexter Sgt. Angel Batista Wardrobe card 123/299
John Lithgow Auto

PACK 4
Mark Bloodworth Dead World Z-card Auto
Kevin Dunn Transformers Auto Big Grin
Dexter Morgan Wardrobe card 55/299

PACK 5 (And the best of them all!!!) eek:EekBig Grin
Al Rio Vampirella Artist auto
Lucio Parrillo Red Sonja Artist auto
LEONARD NIMOY TRANSFORMERS AUTO 28/45

Posts: 67 | Location: Catawissa, PA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
There's only 3 cards per pack ?

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:

3 Hits per pack, and the rest is filled with promo cards, the packs with the over sized prop cards only have 3 cards ( the prop card and 2 more hits )

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:
quote:

3 Hits per pack, and the rest is filled with promo cards, the packs with the over sized prop cards only have 3 cards ( the prop card and 2 more hits )

Thanks MrBlue...I was getting a little worried.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yay, my packs have arrived from Ed at Sci-fi Cards Elephant

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
Well, my above concerns came to fruition.

Today, I received my SDCC Mystery Pack and I only got three cards !

A Dexter Prop card {a piece of red hair off a silicone prop head}.
A Red Sonja auto - J.G. Jones,
And a Dead World Comic Panel card.

I know life in general is a gamble, and buying these types of Premium Packs / Mystery Packs is even more of a gamble, but I have re-learned a valuable life lesson. And that is....
Don't gamble on anything you don't have any control over. Gambling {hoping} for "good hits" is just that...a gamble.

Me personally, I collect cards that I find interesting, beautifully created or drawn, or have an affection for, like a TV show or movie that I love. Unfortunately, only the Red Sonja falls into one of those categories.

As for the other two cards...even if I do the eBay thing, I'm hardly going to recoup my investment.

I'm not mad at anyone. I'm just disappointed in myself in NOT following my basic instinct regarding these types of Premium Packs...and NOT purchasing them.

Lesson learned.

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
Gee, I would think that is a great pull. You give the product a bad review because you are not happy with what you got. That is not fair.

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Umm yeah, I would be thrilled with that pack. You could have gotten a Z card a comic panel and a red sonja autograph, but you instead got a major prop from a very well collected set.

Don't know what you were hoping for but every pack isn't going to have a beautiful sketch or a leonard nimoy autograph in it?

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, my above concerns came to fruition.

Today, I received my SDCC Mystery Pack and I only got three cards !

A Dexter Prop card {a piece of red hair off a silicone prop head}.
A Red Sonja auto - J.G. Jones,
And a Dead World Comic Panel card.

As for the other two cards...even if I do the eBay thing, I'm hardly going to recoup my investment.

That's a bit pessimistic. Looking at the most recent selling prices on eBay for your two unwanted items, you should be able to recoup close to the cost of your pack, i.e. $30-35, you get to keep the Red Sonja autograph that you like and you had the fun of opening the pack. You wont make a profit but you should be close enough to break even that there's no real need to be quite so disappointed.

Posts: 1528 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Freddy, what do you want for that prop card? I'm quite serious.

Posts: 90 | Location: New Mexico | Registered: March 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I'm not giving anyone a "bad review".

I love Breygent's work. I've even told them that at several Philly Shows, too.

I'm just giving my own personal opinion towards Premium Packs in general. And how my "pessimism" towards them came true in the end. Like I said, 'I gambled and I lost.' I was afraid of only getting 3 cards and I got just that. Two of which I don't care for, so how is that giving someone a "bad review"?

I've never been a fan of Premium Packs. And with the few that I have opened {IN MY OPINION} it's not worth the gamble. Nor is it worth the 15 seconds of "fun" one gets ripping a $35 product open. I don't care which company produces these...I just can't warrant the cost in the hope of pulling something that I want or like.

Lesson learned.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Cujobyte:
Freddy, what do you want for that prop card? I'm quite serious.

Since you don't have an email address in your profile, your going to have to email me.
Click on my name for my email address.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:

Me personally, I collect cards that I find interesting, beautifully created or drawn, or have an affection for, like a TV show or movie that I love. Unfortunately, only the Red Sonja falls into one of those categories.

I'm not mad at anyone. I'm just disappointed in myself in NOT following my basic instinct regarding these types of Premium Packs...and NOT purchasing them.

Lesson learned.

I wouldn't call these Mystery Packs Premium Packs at all. They are more like a grab bag that has been done well. Of course you are taking a chance that you will like any one of the three hits in your pack, but that is part of the fun. I bought 3 of these for the first time. I really loved the first one I opened, was happy with the second, and was not that excited by the third, but I thought it was well worth my money overall.

I think the problem you experienced was that you only bought one pack. Even then the prop card is very good, but not if you don't collect Dexter. As far as not getting back your investment, I don't think that's the purpose of collecting, but many people are selling cards out of these packs so you just didn't have the luck of others. You should consider trying again with no expectations and you might be pleasantly surprised. There were some great pulls in there. Smile

Posts: 10369 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
quote:

Lesson learned.

I wouldn't call these Mystery Packs Premium Packs at all. They are more like a grab bag that has been done well. Of course you are taking a chance that you will like any one of the three hits in your pack, but that is part of the fun. I bought 3 of these for the first time. I really loved the first one I opened, was happy with the second, and was not that excited by the third, but I thought it was well worth my money overall.

I think the problem you experienced was that you only bought one pack. Even then the prop card is very good, but not if you don't collect Dexter. As far as not getting back your investment, I don't think that's the purpose of collecting, but many people are selling cards out of these packs so you just didn't have the luck of others. You should consider trying again with no expectations and you might be pleasantly surprised. There were some great pulls in there. Smile

Raven, with all due respect. Sorry if you don't like me using the words "Premium Packs" to describe this product, but I think the description is warranted. Because of the amount of cards in each pack {approx 5+-}, what they contain {autos, chase, promos}, and their price ($25-$35}. Hence "Premium Packs." The only thing that isn't the same is that these packs are from multiple genres {TV, comics, movies, etc}, not from one specific show. But they from one manufacturer {Breygent}.

And if you read my last post, regarding these types of packs, it's more of economic issue than anything else. It's not a cheap product, at least from my perspective.

You said it yourself, "...{I} was not that excited by the third..." Well, just like you, I was not that excited about my pack either. I can not afford to buy multiple packs, nor would I...if I could. I'll reiterate, "...with the few that I have opened {IN MY OPINION} it's not worth the gamble."

And FYI...I'm a collector not a dealer or seller. I would rather collect then sell. I do a lot of trading with NSU members from all around the world and I will sell my old stock occasionally, on auction sights, to help 'feed the beast' that is my hobby.

Peace.