Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Non-Sports Card Show - May 4 & 5, 2019
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Non-Sports Card Show - May 4 & 5, 2019
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
The 70th Philly Non-Sports Card Show is coming up on May 4 & 5. We are very much looking forward to it!

We will have 7 great artists at the show:

• Tom Bunk

• Neil Camera

• Chenduz

• Mark Pingitore

• James Warhola

• Fred Wheaton

• Jeff Zapata

Of note, Chenduz is coming from the Netherlands and this will be his first East Coast convention appearance. James Warhola is the nephew of Andy Warhol and has created over 400 sci-fi paperback covers. I hate to single anyone out as they are all outstanding artists in their own right.

We've also just announced trading card dealer Woody's World will be giving a prize pack to the first 20 kids aged 12 and under. Prizes include Adventure Time, Star Wars Finest, and more. Bring your kids to the show!

I'll be posting about promo cards in a separate post.

See you at the show.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Very nice line-up. I'm excited to be attending this show in May.

I'll be bringing an album full of very interesting promos from my own and my dearly departed friend Bill DeFranzo's collections. I f you're looking for anything specific, I can bring it to the show all day Saturday and half day Sunday. See you there!

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Details for our Card Talk session at the Philly Show are now up and you may now sign up at the following address:

Garbage Pail Kids/Wacky Packages Panel - May '19 Philly Non-Sports Card Show

The session will take play on Sunday, May 5 at 8:15 AM at the Hilton Garden Inn. It will feature a panel with the 7 exhibiting artists: Tom Bunk, Neil Camera, Chenduz, Mark Pingitore, James Warhola, Fred Wheaton, and Jeff Zapata. The deadline to sign up is April 24.

Hope to see lots of Card Talk members there.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
I will be setting up this go around. First time doing a show in over 20 years. Will be a lot of cheap stuff and base sets at my table. Stop by and say `hi', bring your kids for some free cards and enter a drawing for a free spot in one of my group breaks.

I am looking for some help and advice on how to set-up. My thought is to have separate boxes by price and then within each of those boxes it is separated by brand or license. So if I have a box where all the cards are $0.25 and then it is divided by Star Wars, Walking Dead, etc.
I am going to try and have all the base sets the same way, by license. They are all the same price so going to try and keep stacks of the same set so you won't have to dig around.
Should I accept credit cards or paypal at the table?

Any other advice or recommendations?

Thank you!

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
Please bring lots of PROMO CARDS!! The last time I set up several years ago, collectors were quite interested in them.

Posts: 1019 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
I will be setting up this go around. First time doing a show in over 20 years. Will be a lot of cheap stuff and base sets at my table. Stop by and say `hi', bring your kids for some free cards and enter a drawing for a free spot in one of my group breaks.

I am looking for some help and advice on how to set-up. My thought is to have separate boxes by price and then within each of those boxes it is separated by brand or license. So if I have a box where all the cards are $0.25 and then it is divided by Star Wars, Walking Dead, etc.
I am going to try and have all the base sets the same way, by license. They are all the same price so going to try and keep stacks of the same set so you won't have to dig around.
Should I accept credit cards or paypal at the table?

Any other advice or recommendations?

Thank you!

Definitely important to at least have separation by licence as that is the first thing I look for, only worth credit card/PayPal for high value cards but good if you have it.

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by promoking:
Please bring lots of PROMO CARDS!! The last time I set up several years ago, collectors were quite interested in them.

I will bring what I have.

quote:
Originally posted by hammer:
Definitely important to at least have separation by licence as that is the first thing I look for, only worth credit card/PayPal for high value cards but good if you have it.

I have index card dividers labeled to separate licenses. If I have a lot of something in particular it is labeled specifically by the release.

I have one of those paypal credit card readers somewhere, just have to find it.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Don't forget....tomorrow is the last day to sign up for the Card Talk session at next weekend's Philly Show. Here are the details:

Details and sign-up at the following address:

Garbage Pail Kids/Wacky Packages Panel - May '19 Philly Non-Sports Card Show

The session will take place on Sunday, May 5 at 8:15 AM at the Hilton Garden Inn. It will feature a panel with the 7 exhibiting artists: Tom Bunk, Neil Camera, Chenduz, Mark Pingitore, James Warhola, Fred Wheaton, and Jeff Zapata. The deadline to sign up is April 24.

Hope to see lots of Card Talk members there.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
quote:

I will bring what I have.

quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

I have index card dividers labeled to separate licenses. If I have a lot of something in particular it is labeled specifically by the release.

I have one of those paypal credit card readers somewhere, just have to find it.

Superb

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Cryptozoic has posted a lengthy blog entry today about their plans for the show....free promos, promos with a box break, and exclusive items for sale. Take a look:

CRYPTOZOIC WILL PREVIEW AND SELL TRADING CARDS AT 70TH PHILLY NON-SPORTS CARD SHOW

posted Hide Post
Hi All! I have attended many of these shows over the years but would love to get together with some people for trading. I have 2 - 4000 boxes of promos and chase. Let;s help each other out. Contact me directly at preservevideo@aol.com. I have lists also.

Posts: 126 | Location: west chester, PA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Cryptozoic has posted a lengthy blog entry today about their plans for the show....free promos, promos with a box break, and exclusive items for sale. Take a look:

CRYPTOZOIC WILL PREVIEW AND SELL TRADING CARDS AT 70TH PHILLY NON-SPORTS CARD SHOW

I like the sound of the Batman cards. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I wanted to let everyone know that I have leftovers of the promo card I made for Star Wars Celebration that I'll be bringing on Sunday. If you want one, find me! Smile

More info here: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....907072196#9907072196

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
I wanted to let everyone know that I have leftovers of the promo card I made for Star Wars Celebration that I'll be bringing on Sunday. If you want one, find me! Smile

More info here: http://nonsportupdate.infopop....907072196#9907072196

Thumb Up

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
To everyone attending this weekend don’t forget the unofficial gathering at Red Robin on Saturday night, typically people start showing up around 9, have some food and ice cream and bring some boxes to break! Dance

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
To everyone attending this weekend don’t forget the unofficial gathering at Red Robin on Saturday night, typically people start showing up around 9, have some food and ice cream and bring some boxes to break! Dance

I'm looking forward to it, Batman!

Posts: 465 | Location: Sarasota, FL, USA | Registered: June 02, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Awesome Kevin and I were wondering if we would see you♥️

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Don't forget to stop by my table for a chance to win a free spot in my upcoming group break of a Star Trek TNG S2 Archive Box. No purchase necessary and you do not have to be present to win.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hi Promoking,

When Promoking says he's bringing "very interesting promos," I would find him early. I'd like to see that album.

Jess

quote:
Very nice line-up. I'm excited to be attending this show in May.

I'll be bringing an album full of very interesting promos from my own and my dearly departed friend Bill DeFranzo's collections. I f you're looking for anything specific, I can bring it to the show all day Saturday and half day Sunday. See you there!

Posts: 4378 | Location: San Jose, CA, USA | Registered: December 23, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Had a good time this weekend at the show. Hopefully in a few years I can accumulate enough stuff to set up again!

Congratulations to Batman who won the spot in my break. Funny thing the first entry my daughter picked was blank so the Invisible Man does not get to win.