Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    New York Comic Con 2013 - Oct 10-13
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New York Comic Con 2013 - Oct 10-13
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Who's going to New York Comic Con? NSU will be on site for at least one of the days of the show.

Topps has some things going on at their booth (#1561) including hourly drawings for IDW sketch covers. We have the full schedule and the other Topps happenings on a story on the blog today:

Topps Reveals New York Comic Con Plans

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of TZ
posted Hide Post
I wish i wasn't fearful of flying..I'd go!

Posts: 13 | Location: over 1000 | Registered: July 03, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll be there all day Sunday. Can't wait!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will likely be looking for stuff Thurs, Fri and Sat. If I look lost, point me in right direction!

Posts: 332 | Location: NJ | Registered: November 21, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Mike you look lost come on

Tom

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Will there be a Breygent booth?

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Also, anyone else going would you have (or know someone) an extra badge available?

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
we are not doing this one

Posts: 3260 | Location: New York | Registered: March 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
I'm not, but somebody very close to me is. LOL

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I will be there looking for as many things that I can get for free. I hope to get a couple extra things for trading. Parking, the tunnel and admission add up to a lot of $ and the autograph prices are beyond greedy. I guess because it is NYC that they think everyone is rich. Got shut out of the free group signatures. I have no idea how people even got these as I was on the site right when they were offered. Oh well...Hope to have fun there anyway. PLEASE DON'T RAIN!

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Are any of these Topps promos at the show new or exclusive? The article is unclear to me

I know Topps has that Stan Lee Mars Attacks promo exclusive to that Comic-kaze show in Nov....

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Anybody go to NY this year? I heard from my sources that Saturday's crowd was twice as large as last year and it was pretty crazy. For some reason it hasn't gotten that much coverage that I saw.

Posts: 10370 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are my trading card pickups from NYCC this year.

Machete 66 card set (017/300)

Lindsay Lohan autograph

Machete P2 promo which appears to have originally been distributed during the Wizard World Con in June.

Topps MiniKins promo

Bandai Power Rangers

Later this week (or as time permits), I'll post a few pics from some of the panels that I attended.

Posts: 128 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: April 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Anybody go to NY this year? I heard from my sources that Saturday's crowd was twice as large as last year and it was pretty crazy. For some reason it hasn't gotten that much coverage that I saw.

Batman, Alan, and I went on Friday. The show as packed (as we expected it would be). I posted a bunch of pictures today on the blog and have more to come. Bob's full report will be up there soon as well.

New York Comic Con 2013 Photo Gallery 1

We found a number of odds and ends promo-wise. And from what I've seen posted on Facebook and above, we missed a bunch. Neatest find was a small set of promo cards called "The Snacking Dead" for a parody recipe book. One of the artists in artists alley had a neat set of cards with rounded corners called Major League Cornerboys.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I went 3 days and man am I tired. Massive crowds all day long with Sat naturally being the worst. I didn't get many of the celebrity autographs as they were way over priced and each had anywhere from an hour to a two hour line. Very surprised to see so many people shelling out small fortunes to get a picture with Stallone. They must have better jobs than I do. Picked up a lot of promo cards as well as some extras for trade. (have to start sorting it all) The harder ones to get were the LOST GIRL WANDERER CARD (WHICH WAS ALSO GIVEN OUT IN SDCC)(I finally managed to get one early Sunday as they were very careful about giving them out-I had to ask for it) and the SPIDERMAN TRADING CARD-You had to get there early to pull it from a box and if you did you got to meet STAN LEE and get a free signature. NO I DIDN'T PULL IT-I GOT A NOVA TRADING CARD BUT I DID GET TO KEEP IT. Probably 100 made but that is only a guess. Topps had the same MARS ATTACKS CARD THAT THEY HAD AT PHILLY. They also had a WACKY PANEL CARD and post cards for the Mars Attacks game. Didn't win the raffle for original art but that was to be expected.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
You shelled out big bucks for Lohan and the Machete box-way too pricy for my wallet. I guess they tossed in that Machete adult promo as they were not there when I asked. I DID GET THE OTHER VERSION AND THE NEW ROMPER ZOMBIE PROMO.

quote:
Originally posted by chen12:
Here are my trading card pickups from NYCC this year.

Machete 66 card set (017/300)

Lindsay Lohan autograph

Machete P2 promo which appears to have originally been distributed during the Wizard World Con in June.

Topps MiniKins promo

Bandai Power Rangers

Later this week (or as time permits), I'll post a few pics from some of the panels that I attended.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Being at the Topps booth for the better part of the morning, I didn't have much time to do anything. Even rushing through most of it, I only made it through half of the main show floor. I knew the show would be packed, but I never imagined it would be as jammed as it was, holy moly!!!

In Artist Alley, I got a bunch of cards signed by the artists.

Human Torch by Jim Steranko (already have the other two cards in the puzzle signed, needed to finish it off)
Thanos & Electro by Ray Lago
Hammerhead by Michael Duron
Hoth Poster by Cat Staggs
Ghost Rider by Andrew Robinson
Han/Chewie by Stephane Roux
Rhino/Spidey by Jim Cheung
Luke by Tommy Lee Edwards

Roux had the original art for the card for sale, pretty cool:

Padme by Allison Sohn
Vader by Cliff Chiang (hard to see auto in scan, above "ENLIST")
Rebel Legion costumer who was manning their booth (also got a few other Rebel Legion promos, but not signed)

After leaving Artist Alley I happened by the Her Universe booth where Ashley Eckstein was hanging out. I asked if she'd sign the Ahsoka card and she obliged. I lightened up the heck out of the scan so it looks like garbage, but it looks fantastic in person and is one of the coolest-looking autographs I own! It's on clear plastic.

And I wasn't planning on it, but I knew I'd regret it if I didn't pony up to meet Anthony Daniels while I had the chance. Especially if he ends up in Episode VII, his autograph is only going to cost more down the road. He was awesome. The guy truly appreciates his fans.

I also managed to get the Power Rangers promo and another promo card from another artist at the Topps booth. I don't have it handy, I forget who it was.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Batman has entered his show report on the blog today. You can read that here:

New York Comic Con 2013 Show Report

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
There are actually 3 different POWER RANGER PACKS. I have packs 2 and 3-still need pack 1. I think these were also offered in SAN DIEGO.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
Being at the Topps booth for the better part of the morning, I didn't have much time to do anything. Even rushing through most of it, I only made it through half of the main show floor. I knew the show would be packed, but I never imagined it would be as jammed as it was, holy moly!!!

Human Torch by Jim Steranko (already have the other two cards in the puzzle signed, needed to finish it off)

Padme by Allison Sohn
Rebel Legion costumer who was manning their booth (also got a few other Rebel Legion promos, but not signed)

After leaving Artist Alley I happened by the Her Universe booth where Ashley Eckstein was hanging out. I asked if she'd sign the Ahsoka card and she obliged. I lightened up the heck out of the scan so it looks like garbage, but it looks fantastic in person and is one of the coolest-looking autographs I own! It's on clear plastic.

And I wasn't planning on it, but I knew I'd regret it if I didn't pony up to meet Anthony Daniels while I had the chance. Especially if he ends up in Episode VII, his autograph is only going to cost more down the road. He was awesome. The guy truly appreciates his fans.

I also managed to get the Power Rangers promo and another promo card from another artist at the Topps booth. I don't have it handy, I forget who it was.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
There are actually 3 different POWER RANGER PACKS. I have packs 2 and 3-still need pack 1. I think these were also offered in SAN DIEGO. Ashley USUALLY CHARGES to sign SW STUFF but she is very good about signing pictures of herself.

quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

Padme by Allison Sohn