Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Wizard World coming to Miami Feb 26 & 27, 2011
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wizard World coming to Miami Feb 26 & 27, 2011
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted
Miami, Florida USA Saturday 26th and Sunday 27th.

I just found out and will most likely get a booth and bring a ton of non sports cards, chase and of course PROMOS!!!
Spread the word. At least 5 Buffy Cast Members are signing at the show!!(must be cold in the rest of the country).
Is any one else on Card Talk going? Let me know if you're looking for some special promo. Chances are I have it and will bring it to the show.

Posts: 1022 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the heads up! I have always complained about the lack of good cons in South Florida.

Posts: 486 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 04, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Wow, that's pretty short notice. Very odd for Wizard. Eek

They have a very strong stable of guests they are bringing to shows right now. Sometimes you can have too many guests though, and it eats into the funds people would have spent in the dealer's section.

Get ready for a $700 bill for space (2/3 the price of Chicago Frown ). You have to sell a lot of promos and sets to make that up. But if the show is properly publicized it can still be a fair value for space.

Ed

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Scifi Cards,

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of fhdavid52
posted Hide Post
Megacon is March 25-27 - ie; a month after the Miami convention.

Posts: 13 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
And so it is... I shouldn't be posting with so little sleep.

I take back all the bad things I said about Wizard (this time).

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5082 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of EriktheArchitect
posted Hide Post
A little too far south for me! Missed the Atlanta show due to the Flu. Maybe next time.
$700 for a table, yikes! No wonder there are few NS dealers.

Posts: 1162 | Location: Just NW of Hazzard County Georgia USA | Registered: December 08, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of promoking
posted Hide Post
quote:
Get ready for a $700 bill for space (2/3 the price of Chicago Frown ). You have to sell a lot of promos and sets to make that up. But if the show is properly publicized it can still be a fair value for space.

That tab is the only thing still making me undecided. Maybe if I can sell my last LK SB1 promo it'll pay for the show Smile

Posts: 1022 | Location: Overseas | Registered: May 22, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post