Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Announcing the Artists Lineup for the Spring 2013 Philly Show
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Announcing the Artists Lineup for the Spring 2013 Philly Show
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted

Now that the Fall Philly Show has wrapped, we’re moving ahead towards the next show. And to that end, we’re ecstatic to announce the stellar artist lineup. Without further ado, here it is:

- Mick & Matt Glebe
- Rhiannon Owens
- Sean Pence
- Dave Sharpe
- Lark Sudol
- Jeff Zapata

We’re really excited to see the Glebe brothers make the trip to Allentown all the way from the Midwest and making one of their first show appearances. And we’re really happy to have Rhiannon Owens, Sean Pence, Lark Sudol, and Jeff Zapata return to the show. Finally, we’re delighted to have Dave Sharpe make his first appearance at the Philly Non-Sports Card Show.

More information on the artists can be found on the Philly Non-Sports Card Show website guest page guest page.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
WOW...what a great start to the Spring show!!! I was there last spring and they were great to talk with. It will also be nice to meet some other artists I have not met yet. I wasn't able to make the past show due to vacation but I already have these dates marked off for the Spring! Smile

Posts: 67 | Location: Catawissa, PA | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Great! The show is May 4 & 5. See you there, coalregion.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Thumb Up

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I think this would be a good time for the artists to let us know if they are taking commissions for the show, how many, and how much. Got to get these orders in quick! Sooo looking forward to the show :!:

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
I think this would be a good time for the artists to let us know if they are taking commissions for the show, how many, and how much. Got to get these orders in quick! Sooo looking forward to the show :!:

I will be taking on some commissions for con pick-up. I have various AP's from a various Marvel sets, both Rittenhouse and Upper Deck. PM me for details and prices. Or you can also commission PSC's for pick-up as well.

Posts: 96 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm really considering taking the long flight from Sweden to Philly for this show. All I have to do is save some cash, save some dough, save some green and especially save some bucks to be able to book everything.

It would be nice to visit the 59th Philly Show because of a weird fascination of the number 59 that I have.

Hopefully I'll have the possibility of visiting the show this spring. If not, then I'll just have to stop buying cards and saving money for the trip. If that's even possible... Big Grin

Posts: 16 | Location: Malmö, Sweden | Registered: November 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HolmbergsCorner:
It would be nice to visit the 59th Philly Show because of a weird fascination of the number 59 that I have.

It is always well worth a visit

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:

You'll love it there, then. That's the average age of the collectors Big Grin

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
quote:

You'll love it there, then. That's the average age of the collectors Big Grin

That's VERY good Smile

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
There is always a lot going on during and after the show and the weather should be nice so there are opportunities to do other things as well. You are welcome to join us at the Tilted Kilt for food, grog, and mirth! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

posted Hide Post
I'll definetly keep that in mind and if I am taking the trip I'll most certainly join you at the Tilted Kilt Big Grin

Posts: 16 | Location: Malmö, Sweden | Registered: November 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
HOLMBERGSCORNER
Welcome to Card Talk
quote:
Originally posted by FRANK AMICO:
Don't know if you have any unusual cards for trade from your country but it never hurts to bring a few. I am always looking for trades.

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The only thing unusual would be swedish hockey cards but I dont think that qualifies. I'll check with my swedish seller. He's got loads of old Sealed boxes for sale which I intend on buying Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yea, no hockey. It's a shame they don't license more non sports stuff over there. Do they still have promo rack cards? (promo postcards advertising TV shows and movies?)

quote:
The only thing unusual would be swedish hockey cards but I dont think that qualifies. I'll check with my swedish seller. He's got loads of old Sealed boxes for sale which I intend on buying Smile

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not that I know of. I'll be checking the magazine-stands next time I'm free from work. Smile

The only Non-Sports we have is TCG's and that's not really my thing. Atleast in my hometown.

Picture of LilRedCorvette
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by H_Toser:

We’re really happy to have Axebone, O’Connell, Owens, Pence, and the Perna’s return. All five were at last Spring’s show and four of them were at the previous Spring’s show. Not only are they incredibly talented, they create a buzz in the room just by being there. We’re also excited to see the Glebe brothers make the trip to Allentown all the way from the Midwest and making one of their first show appearances. Finally, we’re delighted to have Zapata make a return trip to the Philly Show. Jeff is like family to us!

SWEET! Mr. Zapata's an excellent artist... his sketch cards in the Topps Heritage Mars Attacks are some of the best!

Posts: 92 | Location: OH | Registered: September 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Anne N.
posted Hide Post
Did Axebone and Veronica O'Connell cancel?

I see they're not listed on the guest page anymore.

Posts: 23 | Location: PA~USA | Registered: July 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Anne N.:
Did Axebone and Veronica O'Connell cancel?

I see they're not listed on the guest page anymore.

Yes, both Axebone and Veronica O'Connell are not able to make the show and had to cancel out their appearances.

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
There have been further changes on the artist front. Unfortunately, Tony and Elaine Perna are no longer able to make the show this time and had to cancel their show appearance.

We have added two additional artists:

Dave Sharpe
Dave has worked on many sketch card sets including DC Comics: Superman The Legend (Cryptozoic Entertainment), Pulp Detectives (Cult Stuff), Titanic (Cult Stuff), Deadworld (Breygent Marketing), Dracula (Cult Stuff), Sgt Fury (Rittenhouse Archives), Burlesque (Cult Stuff), Fantasy Art (Unstoppable Cards), and others

Lark Sudol
Lark has worked on DC Comics: Superman The Legend (Cryptozoic Entertainment), Mars Attacks Heritage (Topps), The Walking Dead Season Two (Cryptozoic Entertainment), and Star Wars Galactic Files (Topps).