Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Cryptozoic's Non-Sport Trading Card Event at Comic Con International
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Cryptozoic's Non-Sport Trading Card Event at Comic Con International
 Login/Join

posted Hide Post
Really bummed out. I signed up for the event before either pendragon or robomole posted that they did back on the 13th, and well before H_Toser posted that there still may be room and I did not get an invitation. Guess it had nothing to do with what time you signed up and was maybe a random draw?

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of HIM
posted Hide Post
Im sure some will be based on who you are and who you know...but for the most part its suppose to be random.

Posts: 2485 | Location: Austin Tx | Registered: December 11, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
On the sign up page it says "WHO: open to the first 40 collectors who RSVP" so to me that that means if you sign up before someone else you are in, not that it's a random draw.

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NonSportCardGuy26:
Really bummed out. I signed up for the event before either pendragon or robomole posted that they did back on the 13th, and well before H_Toser posted that there still may be room and I did not get an invitation. Guess it had nothing to do with what time you signed up and was maybe a random draw?

I didn't rush here and post immediately after I had signed up. I did mine hours before my post. I was so freaking excited that I didn't notice what time it was haha, but it was far earlier than my posting here.

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah I just know I signed up around 3:00PMish West coast on the 13th because I saw the post during my lunch break when I was checking out all my normal sites.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I got my confirmation! For the record, I signed up at 11:45am PST. Super excited for this! Dance

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Still waiting for mine.
Ace Mad

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
My wife and I got ours! Whoo-hoo! Dance

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Got mine! Yay!

Posts: 53 | Location: Hacienda Heights, CA | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I signed up early and still have heard nothing. Guess I made someone mad!!!
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
I signed up early and still have heard nothing. Guess I made someone mad!!!
Ace

You and me both

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Guess I'm not invited. :-(

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anybody who is lucky enough to go see if you can find out what went wrong with the collation again,this time on Fringe.From the case breaks posted it looks like a complete disaster Frown .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
For those going to the non-sport event, Cryptozoic has announced a list of the artists that will be on-hand Saturday morning:

Cryptozoic Announces Guests for Non Sport Event at Comic Com

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
posted Hide Post
Hi Ace of Hearts and NonSportCardGuy26,
Send me your name and email and I can verify your submissions. If you should have received an invite I will happily send you along a confirmation and add you to the list!

I went by timestamps on the submissions, but you would be surprised by how many folks were signing up. Sometimes people with the same last name (so I'm assuming one person submitted one name and then submitted their spouse or family member) were separated by multiple entries, time stamped within tenths of seconds from each other.

I didn't purposefully exclude or include anyone... Although I guess I did go over 40 collectors to keep one couple together... so give me a chance to verify and correct any mishaps!

Sorry UberBob, your submission was dated on 6/15, which didn't quite make the top 40... or 41.

Posts: 36 | Location: Irvine, Ca | Registered: May 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Miranda, really looking to visiting your store in the Gas Lamp, have any hours/days been posted yet? I was going to stop by on Wednesday before preview night to see what great stuff you are offering. Sorry to say I was not in time to get the invite either but am just as excited to visit during the con!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Miranda:
Sorry UberBob, your submission was dated on 6/15, which didn't quite make the top 40... or 41.

Lol! That's okay, I knew when I was signing up that I was probably pretty late to the game. Thanks, though!

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Miranda, thank you for the reply. How do I e-mail you? I checked the Crypto website and didn't see an e-mail for you. I signed up sometime on the 13th I know that much because on the 14th Toser posted that it looks like some spots might still be open and I know when I signed up he had not posted that yet, and I only signed up one time to one e-mail address. Will gladly e-mail you name and my e-mail but it isn't that big a deal. I will be stopping by the store regardless to see all the goodies you guys have for sale.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
Miranda,

If I could get that e-mail address too that would be swell. I run a comic store in Texas and I've a non-Comic Con related thing I'd like to discuss. My e-mail should be in my profile.

Thanks!

-Bob-

posted Hide Post
???? for Crypto - what are your store hours on Market Street

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post