https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6236037711/m/7237042126

July 17, 2012, 06:15 PM
robomole
Cryptozoic's Non-Sport Trading Card Event at Comic Con International
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
quote:
Originally posted by robomole:
.... I had a ticket to the Breaking Bad Autograph Signing and there was no way in heck I was gonna miss that!....

P.S. Aaron Paul gave me some prop meth from the show! Smile

HaHa, that's great! If there were a "Breaking Bad" card set, can you imagine some of the messed up prop cards they could make from that show?!

Just curious but how was the prop meth, um, packaged?

In true meth dealer style, he had it in little baggies! I jokingly asked him, "Hey, you have any meth?" Then he threw me a packet. It was pretty awesome!

I would love to have stayed at Cryptozoic's party the whole time, that's one drawback to Comic-Con, always two or three cool things going on at the same time!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: robomole,
July 17, 2012, 08:18 PM
chesspieceface
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
I can understand why some people kiss up to the manufacturers but the others... makes no sense.

What do you mean by this?

Do you mean the magazine publishers and card dealers should kiss the a$$es of the manufacturers since they rely on them for ad revenue and product to sell, respectively, while the rest of us should hate on them for all the times they've what, screwed us over?

Please be specific in explaining what you meant and perhaps together, we can make some sense of it it.

July 17, 2012, 09:51 PM
Batman
quote:
I can understand why some people kiss up to the manufacturers but the others... makes no sense.

Agreed, if you are going to make vague statements have the stones to back it up.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Batman,

July 17, 2012, 10:16 PM
chesspieceface
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
quote:
.... I had a ticket to the Breaking Bad Autograph Signing and there was no way in heck I was gonna miss that!....

P.S. Aaron Paul gave me some prop meth from the show! Smile

Just curious but how was the prop meth, um, packaged?

In true meth dealer style, he had it in little baggies! I jokingly asked him, "Hey, you have any meth?" Then he threw me a packet. It was pretty awesome!

I would love to have stayed at Cryptozoic's party the whole time, that's one drawback to Comic-Con, always two or three cool things going on at the same time!

I always run out of time at Comic-Con especially since we cut back to 2 days these last few years. I was really hoping to get to that meeting of the Ball Jointed Doll collectors upstairs at 2 o'clock Sunday, but it was unfortunately on against the Cleveland Show panel in Hall H, and I haven't missed that yet. I like all the MacFarlane shows and he was there so that was cool. The room wasn't close to full and you could tell a big chunk of the people there were just assuring themselves good seats for the Sons of Anarchy panel that immediately proceeded it. Amid tepid response to the clips, the questions asked were pretty bizarre even for Comic-Con, and MacFarlane couldn't or wouldn't hide his disdain for the whole event. Even so, I was laughing like crazy at the antics of the voice cast. Mike Henry, Cleveland, did a full rap and he sung another song with the actor playing Cleveland Jr. besides, with the pair of them watching the cartoon on the screen and syncing up the words right there onthe spots. These guys are professionals, the shows have all been on for quite awhile now, counting Family Guy.

As for the Prop Meth, that is incredibly awesome, but aren't those guys on that show "Method" actors? That might be the real thing, Aaron Paul might've thought he was running a scene with you!
If you can post pictures, I'd like to see the signed cast poster you got. I saw some really nice ones at Comic Con. It's still is set up so that pretty much any one who wants to can get a nice cast signed poster as long as you're willing to give up a few hours for the morning drawings and lineup. Me, I find it hard to stop moving as I still get pretty amped up for what's on the floor and walk it at least 3 times a day.