Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Wondercon
 Login/Join

posted
Just purchased my first tickets online to Wondercon. I'm attending Saturday only. Is there much of a "card" presence there? Has anyone here been that can tell me what to expect?

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Not alot of information is up yet, but there's usually about 3 or 4 card vendors and a decent line up of artists and easier access to meet some of them too.

The programming schedule will be on the website a couple of weeks before the show

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
We will be at WonderCon =) I know we will have a promo featuring Matt Smith from Doctor Who.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Love Dr. Who, I'll be sure to stop by!

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone coming to WonderCon 2014? I'll be there and maybe we can meet for dinner and trading?!

Posts: 806 | Location: san diego | Registered: December 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'll be there on Friday. Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
We'll be there walking around! Don't know if I'm going to have time to make anything for us to give it but I'll be sure to post anything if we do Smile

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:
We will be at WonderCon =) I know we will have a promo featuring Matt Smith from Doctor Who.

My wife and I will be paying your booth a visit. Bummed that Manu Bennett and Katrina Law aren't on the list anymore but still looking forward to meeting Liam McIntyre. Metal

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
They're not promos, but here is the metal that will be available at Wondercon:

Pesceffects, the art of Jerry Pesce: metal bookmarks & cards

Beth Sotelo: 10 new Grump metal cards and magnets

Joel Gomez (table next to Beth): a new comic book size print

Lazy Bones Studios: Anne Frankenstein metal cards and exclusive metal comic book variant LIMITED TO 5 COPIES (only $25/book too!)

Mel Smith (same booth as Lazy Bones): metal editions of his Dead Ahead tpb and some other pieces as well

Jonathan Bollerjack: Debuting 24 different metal cards and comic book size prints (his first show with our products!)

Julie and myself well be there roaming the floor, of you find us be sure to say hi! We MIGHT do a promo but we're not sure if time will permit as orders have to get done 1st. Keep an eye on our facebook page for any changes on that

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for posting the list, Jake! I'd already planned to stop by Beth's table to check on Grump's progress. Now I know that I need to pick up one of those Mariachi cards, too. Smile

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Happy to help Debi!

Also to clarify, only the comic book variant from lazy bones studios is limited to 5 copies and is $25/book. The cards are larger runs

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm in Games so y'all come stop by and say hey! Anyone want to do dinner? Where is 258 West as not listed in the booklet.....?

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:
I'm in Games so y'all come stop by and say hey! Anyone want to do dinner? Where is 258 West as not listed in the booklet.....?

I was there Friday and couldn't find 258 West, either. Confused

Stopped by Beth's booth and picked up a few of the new Grump metal cards - they look great!
Also stopped at Lazy Bones and got one of the metal covers (3/5) and got Tim Vigil to sign it. Cool Picked up a couple of Mel's sketch cards while at Lazy Bones, as well.

Robert Aragon (booth D07) has boxed sets of his Art of Robert Aragon release available, as well as his new children's book 'a Tiny Teddy Named Cuds' (portions go to charity - check it out!)

Oherwise, not any real card representation. There was one booth selling packaged base sets, autos and some costume cards. But they were the only dedicated card dealer I saw.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
We had fun at the show!

There were 2 card dealers there, Juniors (under the name Slaughter Comics I Believe) and the dealer from the bay area that I can never remember the name of (that Debi referred to above). Juniors was really easy to miss because he was in with all the toy vendors

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Fyi I didn't have any promos this year, those above are from 2013. I just hosted the actors from Spartacus, Once upon a time and Adventure Time this year, didn't event set up a display.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jake:
We had fun at the show!

There were 2 card dealers there, Juniors (under the name Slaughter Comics I Believe) and the dealer from the bay area that I can never remember the name of (that Debi referred to above). Juniors was really easy to miss because he was in with all the toy vendors

I might have passed by Juniors; I think I saw a booth in the toy area that had packs/boxes of cards in the case. By that time, though, I was on my way out the door. Oh well, I still had fun!

The only hard part for me was walking through Artist's Alley and NOT stopping to purchase something from each and every one of them! So much talent there - I felt bad for the folks with gorgeous pieces on display and no one at their table. Frown. Oh well, when I hit the lottery... Big Grin

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I stopped by Robert Aragons booth as well and got his book for friends who have the sweetest baby girl! Robert is sooooo nice
and approachable.

Also traded hugs with Marat, Tone, Ms Katie and a couple of people in autographs. Will post pictures later.

Think the most fun was being part of MMA fighter Rampage - his security (very brief) detail on Friday night. He's a hoot!

quote:
Originally posted by dcole:
quote:
Originally posted by NL:

I was there Friday and couldn't find 258 West, either. Confused

Stopped by Beth's booth and picked up a few of the new Grump metal cards - they look great!
Also stopped at Lazy Bones and got one of the metal covers (3/5) and got Tim Vigil to sign it. Cool Picked up a couple of Mel's sketch cards while at Lazy Bones, as well.

Robert Aragon (booth D07) has boxed sets of his Art of Robert Aragon release available, as well as his new children's book 'a Tiny Teddy Named Cuds' (portions go to charity - check it out!)

Oherwise, not any real card representation. There was one booth selling packaged base sets, autos and some costume cards. But they were the only dedicated card dealer I saw.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NL:
I stopped by Robert Aragons booth as well and got his book for friends who have the sweetest baby girl! Robert is sooooo nice
and approachable.

That's cool that you made it to Rob's booth and picked up his book! Isn't Cuds just the cutest little teddy bear?!! Big Grin