Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Show Red Robin Gathering May 14th, 2011
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Show Red Robin Gathering May 14th, 2011
 Login/Join

Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
5 more days !!!
I should be arriving in Allentown Friday afternoon
- the boys from the UK were talking about drinks in the hotel bar, if there flights make it

no official plans yet - not familiar with the area - if someone wants to make a meeting place

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm due in to Allentown Friday evening...how many people are making the trip down from Canada anyway?

Maybe we should be having our own meeting! :P

otim

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
hcbrewer

You might meet those UK kids at Chess N Checkers. It is basically in the Hilton Garden Inn's parking lot and would probably be better then the hotel lobby, which does not have a bar but I think does sell alcohol. I've only ever been to Chess N Checkers once for drinks and it was fine. I have not heard good things about it for food though. And it has just three ratings on Yelp...two bad reviews and one decent one. But if it's drinks you're after, you should be fine.

Anyway, that would be my recommendation for you. It's pub-style so it won't be all that unfamiliar to them.

But hey, don't let them drink too much....they have plans for Friday -- both afternoon and evening. Hope they haven't forgotten their duties. Red Face

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Elaine Perna:
Uh oh, Tony and I won't be able to attend the Saturday night Red Robin meeting. Will anyone be around on Friday night and if so what are your meeting plans?

Really?? That's a shame. It would have been fun but you'll probably get enough of us during the day anyway. Smile

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
It's pub-style so it won't be all that unfamiliar to them.

Pub? What's a pub? Wink

But hey, don't let them drink too much....they have plans for Friday -- both afternoon and evening. Hope they haven't forgotten their duties. Red Face

Oh ye of little faith!

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:

Wink

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Seems we have about 10 people coming right now, anyone else interested? You will be missing a good time! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Uh oh, Tony and I won't be able to attend the Saturday night Red Robin meeting. Will anyone be around on Friday night and if so what are your meeting plans?

Really?? That's a shame. It would have been fun but you'll probably get enough of us during the day anyway. Smile

Yeah. I forgot that someone invited Tony and I and a few other artists out to dinner on Saturday night. I would have loved to go to the Red Robin.

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
thank you Harris for the Chess N Checkers location outside the Hilton Garden

So, for those of us who don't want to sit in their hotel rooms Friday evening
We can meet at the Chess N Checkers
- should we start another thread for this ?

I am not sure what time I will be getting into Allentown, but once I am checked in and have laid out my pajamas I will head over to the Chess and Checkers
Hopefully they have some TV's and I can have a beverage and watch some basketball
any who would like to join me are welcome
I will leave my small box of trades in the car

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah. I forgot that someone invited Tony and I and a few other artists out to dinner on Saturday night. I would have loved to go to the Red Robin.

Hmm....Who is honing in our party? Big Grin Seriously, you could always come afterwards? We won't even be there ourselves until about 9 or so. And it's right next door to the Hilton.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Hmm....Who is honing in our party? Big Grin Seriously, you could always come afterwards? We won't even be there ourselves until about 9 or so. And it's right next door to the Hilton.

I'd love to make it over to the Red Robin if our dinner party is finished by 9pm. I hear a fun time will be had by all. Big Grin

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
It's actually planned to start at 9:45, if that helps!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
no one interested in Friday night?
or are the majority of you coming in for Saturday?

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
Sorry, me and Hammer have plans for Friday, but depending how the time goes, we may pop in later.

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
It's actually planned to start at 9:45, if that helps!

My bodyclock will still be saying 2:45am so I may be asleep in the corner Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
hcbrewer

You might meet those UK kids at Chess N Checkers. It is basically in the Hilton Garden Inn's parking lot and would probably be better then the hotel lobby, which does not have a bar but I think does sell alcohol. I've only ever been to Chess N Checkers once for drinks and it was fine. I have not heard good things about it for food though. And it has just three ratings on Yelp...two bad reviews and one decent one. But if it's drinks you're after, you should be fine.

Anyway, that would be my recommendation for you. It's pub-style so it won't be all that unfamiliar to them.

I won't be arriving until Saturday but I'd recommend the Jack Creek Steakhouse (http://www.jackcreeksteakhouse.com/) for people looking for some good food/drinks. It's within walking distance of the Hilton (in the shopping mall area that's to the left and behind the Red Roof).

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
It looks like I will be coming on Friday now, I'm sure I will bump into some of you at the Hilton! Big Grin

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
It looks like I will be coming on Friday now, I'm sure I will bump into some of you at the Hilton! Big Grin

How will I know it's you ?

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
quote:

Black cape, cowl, yellow emblem with a bat on his chest... Wink

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Freddy:
quote:

Bob is on the right in this picture. Just making sure you know that in case it is not obvious! Smile

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post