Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Spring 2011 Philly Show Prizes
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Spring 2011 Philly Show Prizes
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
Hi All:

We'll have a bunch of prizes to give away at the upcoming Philly Show, which is being held May 14 and 15 at the Merchants Square Mall in Allentown, PA.

The first set of prizes that I can announce is from Wax Eye. Wax Eye is giving us a 3-pack Cereal Killers set, as shown below. They are also giving us a signed and numbered uncut sheet of Cereal Killers to give away.

Cereal Killers is featured is the New & Noteworthy section of the current issue of Non-Sport Update and are spoofs of popular cereal and horror film brands. They come from the brain of Joe Simko, who has worked on Wacky Packages and Garbage Pail Kids for Topps.

We'll also have some other goodies from Wax Eye to give away. We haven't determined where these prizes will be given away but one of the two will likely be a door prize and the other will be given to one lucky person who attends our Card Talk member gathering Sunday morning.

You can find out more about Cereal Killers at their website:

Wax Eye website

Thanks.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Cool! Not that I will actually win anything, but cool nonetheless! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very Nice Thumb Up

Posts: 12157 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
I have some more prizes to announce for the Philly Non-Sports Card Show this weekend. These are both door prizes that will be given away a the show. To be eligible, you need to complete an entry blank at the prize table (on the right of the Rittenhouse tables, where it was last show). And it's one entry per person per day. Drawings for each will be done 30 minutes prior to the show close. You do NOT need to be present to win the two prizes below but you will need to be present to win the other door prizes we will be giving away (times for those will be posted on the prize table.

This is a sketch card from 5FINITY's Voltron release. The sketch is by Sean Pence and as you can see, is awesome, just like every card Sean touches. This card was donated by 5FINITY and is actually a redemption card from the Voltron series that was not redeemed by the printed deadline.

This is card is signed by by Stephen J Cannell from 5FINITY's Greatest American Hero March of Dimes release. The sketch was done by Benjamin Glendenning. The card comes from 5FINITY president Steven Frank's personal collection and was signed by Mr. Cannell before his untimely passing last year.

I really can't thank 5FINITY enough for these two tremendous prizes!!

As noted, we'll have other door prizes to give away -- three per day. So please complete your door prize form when you get to the show and drop it in the box at the door prize table for your shot at these awesome prizes.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Saturday can't come soon enough! What a show! Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
4 more days, until I'm on the road to Allentown!!!

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here is another prize to be given away this weekend.....A base card factory set of The Art Hustle Series 1 from SideKick Media and The Cardhacks. This will be given away at our NSU Card Talk member gathering Sunday morning.

Thanks very much to SideKick for the prize donation!