Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chi-Pop-Con, Oct. 2016
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chi-Pop-Con, Oct. 2016
 Login/Join

NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted
Haven't seen anyone post anything about this. Friday and Saturday, Oct. 7 and 8, at Holiday Inn, 150 S. Gary Ave. in Carol Stream, IL

Held by Paul Maiellero, the show will feature comic and pop culture items. Artists will include Connie Faye. Some card dealers will be there, also toys and movie items. Admission is $6.
Show runs 2-7 pm, Fri, and 8:30 am -3 pm Sat

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
I stopped by for this show today, lots of older items, movie stills, comics, toys. and older cards.Dealer Don Troy had a large assortment of pin up cards.
I picked up a nice sketch by Connie Faye of Glenn from The Walking Dead.

I looked at the older cards for some of my needs, but couldn't find anything. Still a nice assortment of stuff.
Paul had an exclusive promo card for the show with a Halloween theme, available for a donation to The Treasure Chest.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the show update, Don. . . We thought about going to this show, but there really wasn't any information available about who or what would be there, so we opted for other things. Hope it was a good show.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
Thanks Jon. Don't know if anything there would appeal to you, lots of old comics and movie stills, some of them signed. One dealer did have a few older autographed cards. Paul had more of the Treasure Chest sketches for sale.
One dealer had lots of Pokemon stuff, cards, stuffed toys and figures. So it was a very eclectic assortment.

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Don Norton:
Paul had more of the Treasure Chest sketches for sale.

I miss those Treasure Chests of Art sketch drawings that Ed used to organize on the forum. It was fun and went to a good cause. Smile

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post