Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    MegaCon, Orlando Fl March 25-27 2011
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

MegaCon, Orlando Fl March 25-27 2011
 Login/Join

posted
I'm really surprised no one has started a conversation about this convention yet. While it's not attached to any of the Wizard shows or any of the International cons, it's a FANTASTIC show.

I was first introduced to a few card collectors there and have attended every years since 2007. It's my "home" convention and where I first appeared at a show before getting picked up to work on anything.

Many sketch card artists will be there. Included in this list are Axebone, Bukshot, and yours truly Smile And we just so happen to be sitting in the same row in the white section Smile

Lots of other artists can be found! Come say hi. There is no limit to attendees and it's in a great city. For anyone who has never been, there are tons of hotels RIGHT near the Orange County Convention Center ( many under 100 - 75 dollars a night ) and of course, it being Orlando, there are tons of things to do after the convention.

see MegaConvention.com for more info and a regularly updated list of guests and attendees Smile

Posts: 113 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Is anyone going to this show please.? Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of saturnman7
posted Hide Post
I have been going to this convention since the very first one, It has gotten better each year. If you are in the southeast area when it happens by all means find a way to attend you will not be disa ppointed. Funny thing RhiburgerNoCheese is I usually start this line about the convention, but I have been a little absent on the boards lately.

Hey Wolfie, I am going is there something you are looking for.

Posts: 319 | Location: Winter Garden, FL | Registered: August 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Geeze! I was beginning to wonder if anyone on this forum was going to post in here! HA!

Come by and say hello! I am at table White 14 Smile

YAY!

Posts: 113 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RhiburgerNoCheese:
Geeze! I was beginning to wonder if anyone on this forum was going to post in here! HA!

Come by and say hello! I am at table White 14 Smile

YAY!

Some of us are waiting for May to see you in Allentown, RhiburgerNoCheese. Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be there with my usual assortment of comics, posters, statues and 'Other Cool Stuff' including Non-sports cards, of course!

Rittenhouse has provided Sparticus and James Bond promos for me to pass out....thanks Amy! I will be at booth 704....in the middle towards the front....come on by and say hello!

David

Posts: 275 | Location: St. Petersburg, FL | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
OK...the truck is packed....just got to pack my clothes and hit the road for O-Town tomorrow morning...Thursday set up, doors open Friday Afternoon.

Hope to see you there!

David

Posts: 275 | Location: St. Petersburg, FL | Registered: March 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I love this convention.

So many great card collectors came by. This is the last day of the show

* sad burger *

Only two card dealers, I was told, were here. The next stop for me is Allentown in May!

Big Grin

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Did anyone pick up a spare of the Dungeon Dolls promo from this show. Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a handful of the Dungeon Dolls promos left over. If anyone is interested, please message me at my yahoo mail address Smile

Thanks!
Rhi

new_beginning724@yahoo.com

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
E-mail sent also! Smile

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
email sent. Wavey

Picture of Darth Graham
posted Hide Post
E-mail sent also. Thumb Up

Posts: 165 | Location: Milton Keynes, UK | Registered: March 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of BILLZEE
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have a handful of the Dungeon Dolls promos left over.

You know what they say.... MORE THAN A HANDFUL IS A WASTE! ...except in this case? Wink

Sent an email last night so my fingers are crossed that I get one of these...

Posts: 2236 | Location: DFW | Registered: January 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hiya Guys.

While I appreciate the emails inquiring about the promo, it would speed things along a little bit if you sent the address you want the card to go to IN your request email.

I will post when I am out and can't send anymore Smile

Thanks!

posted Hide Post
Thanks, guys!

These all go out tomorrow.

So now if you want one ya gotta find it on the evilbay.

Toodles!

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Well done, thank you very much. Wavey

Picture of miket999
posted Hide Post
Rhi,

I got the card today. Thank you so much. I really, really appreciate you sending it...

Thanks again.

Mike.

Posts: 5347 | Location: Warrenton, Virginia, USA | Registered: January 08, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of comicbookfan
posted Hide Post
Megacon: 2011
This report is a little late but I just don't spend a lot of time on the computer anymore.
Last year I picked up lots of cards to fill in spaces in my collection and this year I spent all my money on artist alley!
I had a great time talking to the artists like Rhi, Sara Richard and several others like the husband and wife team of Comfort Love and Adam Withers.
I picked up a few things that I really enjoy. Said Hi to Dave of FYI. I went on Saturday this year and it was packed. I loved the Lego display as well.
I got a Phoenix commission from Sara Richard, two treasure chest& booty sketches by MAX and Javier (loved the base set as well some great images by Rhi, Soni and Charles Hall), Dungeon Dolls promo by Rhiannon Owens (if it is like treasure chests and booty it should be good), a Storm commission by comfort love and Wolverine by Adam Withers, Harley Quinn by Talon, two larger Storms by Rich B, Wolvie & Spidey by House of Doodles and painted Wolvie by MO whose name I have forgotten. Also the Lara Croft artist did not sign their card so I can’t remember them either.
So I thought I'd share them with you all.

Posts: 1089 | Location: florida | Registered: December 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Nice pick ups -- love the Treasure Chests and Booty sketches!

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post