Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC Update
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Ah ok I'll have to look at the updated list, I only saw the original last week. Sorry!

Hope it's a mistake and they're still there

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jason00
posted Hide Post
Artbox was definitely on the original list, but they are gone now. That can't be a good sign for them and their survival...

Posts: 1562 | Location: Milwaukee, WI | Registered: November 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Unfortunately it just seems more and more like the good days for Artbox are over.

Posts: 153 | Location: Washington | Registered: September 04, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
unfortunately if you look at their website there is nothing new or current in the world of trading cards - it would appear that unless they have backstock left after using previous SDCC's to clear out inventory then what is left for them to sell - I guess they had no interest or no funds in looking for new licenses

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Mark of Mark's Non Sports Cards (mns cards) asked me to post that he will be giving away promos from his next set, The Art of Robert Aragon, at his booth (Mark's Non Sports Cards booth #5616).
Promo 1 on Thursday, promo 2 on Friday, promo 3 on Saturday and promo 4 on Sunday.

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
giving away or purchase required

Posts: 198 | Location: United States | Registered: December 26, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sherlock2:
giving away or purchase required

He said giving away, but I usually have had to purchase things from him in the past before he offered promos. It may be different however, because he's promoting his own company.

Posts: 649 | Location: California | Registered: November 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Even when you purchased items from him he was stingy, not a good way to establish any goodwill, and he was not the only one , to be fair. Not going to miss that horse nonsense this summer! Roll Eyes

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of STCardGeek
posted Hide Post
BTW, I posted a non-card related request down in the user forums for anyone gonig to SDCC Wink

http://nonsportupdate.infopop....6067952/m/3377070226

Posts: 4246 | Location: Pittsboro, NC USA | Registered: November 30, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
For those going to Comic-Con, here are a few recently posted stories on the blog that you might want to scan so you can track down some promos and freebies at the show:

Upper Deck Reveals Comic-Con Plans

Create Your Own Yu-Gi-Oh! Token Card At SDCC 2012!

SideKick Reveals Comic-Con Promos

Cryptozoic Announces Promos for Comic-Con International

A Comic Con Mystery Revealed!

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Off to the show. Smell you later.
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Chris Cline
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
Off to the show. Smell you later.
Ace

Too everyone going to SDCC. I hate you. Enjoy the show. Smile

http://1000thghostcards.weebly.com/

Posts: 1155 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: December 03, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:

My sentiments exactly Big Grin Big Grin
I am sooooo insanely jealous of everyone that gets to go, especially when I found out there was a Firefly 10th anniversary reunion panel.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Juelle Lou:
quote:
Originally posted by Chris Cline:

My sentiments exactly Big Grin Big Grin
I am sooooo insanely jealous of everyone that gets to go, especially when I found out there was a Firefly 10th anniversary reunion panel.

If it makes you feel any better, they put it in Ballroom 20, which is one of the larger ballrooms, but nowhere near the size of Hall H, and so most people who wanted to see it had to camp out. I had friends that came at 7:30am for that panel and they didn't come anywhere near close to getting into the panel because it was so full.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Sidewinder
posted Hide Post
I've read people were camping at 1am to get into some of the panels. SDCC is just so huge now!

Posts: 1225 | Location: Australia | Registered: November 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
It really wouldn't take a lot for the organisers to step back and see the problems, rather than just take entrance money, step back and let the show plod along with the same complaints year upon year.

With very few exceptions, every talk is nailed months before the show. They have to be, to make sure people are available. There should be a ticketing system in place. I am as guilty as others of getting into a talk for something I was interested in, sitting there for two hours for stuff I hardly glanced up for, before another talk I wanted. Clear the rooms. Ticketing would cure the queues in an instant. I dare say the dealers in the main hall wouldn't mind extra customers rather than hearing about thousands of people queuing and not spending. How many have missed several other talks because of time invested in a popular one?

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Y'know Graham, you've got something there. A revolt by the dealers who are losing sales because people are in unproductive lines, right next to the "no standing or sitting at this wall" signs, might work. Even if you don't empty the rooms, you could have people line up early for their ticket, go away to shop for x hours, and come back when they're ready to open the doors. (Of course, that would mean *more* crowding in the Exhibition Hall, and more lines for some of the lesser panels ...)

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
It really wouldn't take a lot for the organisers to step back and see the problems, rather than just take entrance money, step back and let the show plod along with the same complaints year upon year.

With very few exceptions, every talk is nailed months before the show. They have to be, to make sure people are available. There should be a ticketing system in place. I am as guilty as others of getting into a talk for something I was interested in, sitting there for two hours for stuff I hardly glanced up for, before another talk I wanted. Clear the rooms. Ticketing would cure the queues in an instant. I dare say the dealers in the main hall wouldn't mind extra customers rather than hearing about thousands of people queuing and not spending. How many have missed several other talks because of time invested in a popular one?

It would never work. People would just be standing around lining up for the panels they want and the time needed to clear out the rooms or halls would be insane. They just need to open up Petco Park and hold the panels there or you just need to get in line at 1am =)

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
With how crazy Hall H and Ballroom 20 are they should really have a Satellite room that broadcasts the panels/footage at the same time as it is going on. It would be a good way to give more people the opportunity to at least see and hear what they cannot see in Hall H.

Or they need to expand the convention center. Or they need to move lol.

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NonSportCardGuy26:
With how crazy Hall H and Ballroom 20 are they should really have a Satellite room that broadcasts the panels/footage at the same time as it is going on. It would be a good way to give more people the opportunity to at least see and hear what they cannot see in Hall H.

Or they need to expand the convention center. Or they need to move lol.

They playback Hall H and Ballroom 20 later around 7 or 8pm in one of the rooms

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post