Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
Reply
  
SDCC Update
 Login/Join
 
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted
Extra Comic-Con tickets go on sale Tuesday
Posted: Mar 27, 2012 6:57 AM PDT
Updated: Mar 27, 2012 6:57 AM PDT

SAN DIEGO (CNS) - A small number of four-day passes and single-day tickets to this summer's Comic-Con International at the San Diego Convention Center will go on sale Tuesday over the Internet.

The sale of extra tickets is open only to Comic-Con members as of Feb. 29, and people who have already purchased four-day or Saturday passes are not eligible, according to organizers. Those who will be allowed to purchase badges have been informed by e-mail.

The initial ticket sale, on March 3, resulted in a sellout in a little over 80 minutes. An undisclosed number of those passes became available due to cancellations or other reasons, the organizers said.

The 2012 Comic-Con International, the largest annual event at the Convention Center, will run from July 11-15.
 
Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I received an email from the parking lot company for SDCC back in March saying parking would go on sale in mid April. This is the 21st, has anyone heard anything new?
 
Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Anyone have any luck with SDCC's second chance ticket sale? I could never even get in the waiting room. In the first offering I was able to purchase Thursday and Sunday passes. By the time I had finished my order and started my wife's Thursday was sold out.
 
Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I have not driven or parked in the CC for the last couple of years. I take the trolly. Can't carry as much but there is not as much to carry. Sigh.
Ace Frown
 
Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
The Advance Parking Passses sale was set to begin today (4-23), and indeed it has. The Parking passes are on sale NOW here:

http://www.comic-con.org/cci/cci_park.php

Under the Convention Center was sold out from the start as I expected (well, by 11:30 am today, when I was able to check the website).

The Hilton Garage next door to the Convention Center is still available all days as of NOON,pacific time.

Good luck, all who drive to Comic Con!

____________________
Everywhere around this burg they're running out of verbs, adverbs, and adjectives. Everywhere around this town, they're running out of nouns.
 
Posts: 3042 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks! I've got mine, not cheep but a lot better than the day of the convention!
 
Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
The Hilton Garage is all but sold out, only Wednesday (Preview Night) remains. Other lots are still available but run from $20-$25 per day. This is getting crazier every year!
 
Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
True.

The first two years I went (96 & 97), I went as an employee of our local comic store who had a booth there. (I didn't work at the store, they just needed to beef up the team for Comic Con). I just had to do a few hours of work each day, and the rest was mine to do as I pleased. I mention that, because I don't remember how much it cost to attend those years.

However in 1998, my first year on my own, I remember one could go in the morning and easily get a ticket for that same day and then park right next to the convention for $4 or so (first, in the area Hall H now occupies and then in the space the Hilton Hotel now occupies once Hall H was built).

And not only could you get your ticket and parking on the same day, but Sunday sales must have been really slow back then as I distinctly remember once being given a Sunday pass for free with the purchase of a Saturday pass. That was in 1998 and/or 1999.

And in the year 2000, I believe it was $15 for Saturday and all other days were $10 (no Preview night yet), but you could stil get a Saturday/Sunday combo for $20 total.

This year, by contrast, if you didn't get parking under the center or in the Hilton Garage and need to park in one of the outer spots for Thursday through Sunday, the cost of parking alone is $110+ including the nebulous "handling" Roll Eyes fees" on an internet transaction that takes a few clicks from your own computer and your own printer to deliver to you what you have purchased.

But it is a pretty incredible show these days and you can see where the money goes, and why it attracts a significantly wider and more diverse group of fans than it did even 10 years ago.

But from the point of view of a card collector, it was already an incredible show even back in 1996, and a WHOLE lot cheaper! Now I would say, if your interest is primarily in cards, there are many abetter ways to spend your money. (Still a LOT of stuff for comics fans, though).

I actually wasn't going to go this year, having decided to "retire" after my 16th consecutuve trip in 2011, but my girlfriend (who I used to have to drag to it in the early 2000's) talked me into going. She likes to see the movie stars, you see.

sigh...

Smile

____________________
Everywhere around this burg they're running out of verbs, adverbs, and adjectives. Everywhere around this town, they're running out of nouns.
 
Posts: 3042 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Unbelievable that the Hilton garage is already sold out after 1 day. Instead of being $60 for the week of parking, it'll now be over $120. Sigh. Gotta seriously consider Phoenix next year instead I think lol

____________________
Shiny! Faerie Metal & Photography - Specializing in Custom Metal Printing!
https://www.facebook.com/faeriephotos
www.faeriemetal.com
 
Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chesspieceface:
True.

The first two years I went (96 & 97), I went as an employee of our local comic store who had a booth there. (I didn't work at the store, they just needed to beef up the team for Comic Con). I just had to do a few hours of work each day, and the rest was mine to do as I pleased. I mention that, because I don't remember how much it cost to attend those years.

However in 1998, my first year on my own, I remember one could go in the morning and easily get a ticket for that same day and then park right next to the convention for $4 or so (first, in the area Hall H now occupies and then in the space the Hilton Hotel now occupies once Hall H was built).

And not only could you get your ticket and parking on the same day, but Sunday sales must have been really slow back then as I distinctly remember once being given a Sunday pass for free with the purchase of a Saturday pass. That was in 1998 and/or 1999.

And in the year 2000, I believe it was $15 for Saturday and all other days were $10 (no Preview night yet), but you could stil get a Saturday/Sunday combo for $20 total.

This year, by contrast, if you didn't get parking under the center or in the Hilton Garage and need to park in one of the outer spots for Thursday through Sunday, the cost of parking alone is $110+ including the nebulous "handling" Roll Eyes fees" on an internet transaction that takes a few clicks from your own computer and your own printer to deliver to you what you have purchased.

But it is a pretty incredible show these days and you can see where the money goes, and why it attracts a significantly wider and more diverse group of fans than it did even 10 years ago.

But from the point of view of a card collector, it was already an incredible show even back in 1996, and a WHOLE lot cheaper! Now I would say, if your interest is primarily in cards, there are many abetter ways to spend your money. (Still a LOT of stuff for comics fans, though).

I actually wasn't going to go this year, having decided to "retire" after my 16th consecutuve trip in 2011, but my girlfriend (who I used to have to drag to it in the early 2000's) talked me into going. She likes to see the movie stars, you see.

sigh...

Smile


Yeah it costs more but worth it and worth even more. I love this show. This and the Paley Fest in LA are my 2 big vacations each year!!

____________________
*** Owner of 258 West Authentic Signatures - Like us @ www.facebook.com/TwoFiftyEight
 
Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I never did understand service fees. I purchased several days and had the service fee applied for each day, sholud have been only once IMHO!
 
Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post



Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
I never did understand service fees. I purchased several days and had the service fee applied for each day, sholud have been only once IMHO!


You have to hit CTR-Shift to highlight all of the days in order to buy them all at once, if you did that you would only get charged the fee once.

____________________
*** Owner of 258 West Authentic Signatures - Like us @ www.facebook.com/TwoFiftyEight
 
Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
I never did understand service fees. I purchased several days and had the service fee applied for each day, sholud have been only once IMHO!


You have to hit CTR-Shift to highlight all of the days in order to buy them all at once, if you did that you would only get charged the fee once.


I did that and it still doubled up the service fee. (I bought two days parking, Thursday and Sunday, the two days we are going). It actually said specifically on the purchase page that the service fee would be added on for EACH day purchased, so I wasn't surprised by it.

And I do agree, that even if you have to pay the full $25 (plus fees) per day for the parking that remains along with the ever increasing ticket prices, Comic Con is still absolutely worth all costs of admission, and a bargain at that. There is simply nothing else like it on Earth.

If you go to Comic Con and can't find something of interest there for the ENTIRE time you are there, and indeed, you don't wish it were longer once it has ended, you are in the wrong hobby. Find something you like!

____________________
Everywhere around this burg they're running out of verbs, adverbs, and adjectives. Everywhere around this town, they're running out of nouns.
 
Posts: 3042 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
I also held down the control key and had the service fee added each day. It still is better than trying to find parking the day of. I also bought Saturday parking even though I couldn't buy that days ticket. There is plenty of things going on around the convention center to keep us busy.
 
Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Has anyone heard anything about attending card manufactures and possible exclusives?
 
Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I have heard that Bad Axe Studios (Axebone) will have an exclusive Bombshells: Women at War promo at San Diego

3 promos have already been released in 2012: Philly show, UK Memorabila show, and I think the first was either the Wonder Con or Mega Con (see the Promo posts of Card Talk below)
 
Posts: 3021 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
SDCC just held their final resale of tickets. I was lucky and picked up a Saturday for my son. The process was much slower this round but seemed to go smoother.
 
Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Member
posted Hide Post
Just found out Walking Dead will be stageing a game of sorts at Petco Park during Comic-con where you can be a Survivor, Walker or a Spectator. Does anyone know who is sponsoring this? AMC? Image? Has anyone participated in something like this in the past? There is a website where you can sign-up, sorry I don't have the link handy.
 
Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Can I be dead?
 
Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Ossama has a card.
 
Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata Page 1 2 3 4  
 


© Non-Sport Update 2013