Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC Update
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Yeh, That's right!

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Lucy Van Pelt: "How can you say someone is great who's never had his picture on bubblegum cards?"

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ENDURI...&hash=item2eb697b2de

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
it's all give and take.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of chesspieceface
posted Hide Post
Actually at the time Lucy originally said that(it was either in the 1950's or 60's, I'm not sure which), there was no such thing as an Osama bin Laden card....or the Charles Manson card in Eclipse's "True Crime" cards or the Gadhaffi card in Piedmont's "Terrorists Attack" or the Kim Kardashian card from Razor Pop Century, and on and on.

Ok, the Kim K. is a bit of a goof, but the point is the same, Schulz pretty much meant baseball cards with Lucy's comment. As I recall, Charlie Brown's own "Grail" card was that of his favorite baseball player, the mythical Joe Shlbotnik.

Posts: 3318 | Location: California | Registered: December 23, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Has anyone found a spot that has a good comprehensive list of SDCC exclusives that have been announced so far (any and all not just card related)? I seem to be finding parts here and there but nothing all on 1 site for some reason

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
Good grief!

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I don't watch TV.
Any official word on how to register for 2013???

posted Hide Post
quote:
Has anyone found a spot that has a good comprehensive list of SDCC exclusives that have been announced so far (any and all not just card related)? I seem to be finding parts here and there but nothing all on 1 site for some reason

Try www.sdcc.co (SDCC Comic Con Blog. It seems to be the best available so far

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ace of Hearts:
I don't watch TV.
Any official word on how to register for 2013???

You probably won't hear much until early 2013, though there *may* be a chance to register for 2013 badges at the 2012 show. The best way is to be an exhibiting company or artist. Or an invited guest.

There were many problems with the registration process this year. The way it worked: you signed up for a member ID in advance. Then in February they opened up sales at 9 a.m. CA time on a Saturday. You had to connect to their server in the first few seconds to get a place in line. Considering the web link they sent the members by email didn't work properly, and some ISPs don't connect in microseconds, a lot of people were frozen out, at least for Friday and Saturday. They tried a "second chance" later on a weekday, but the number of badges available was smaller. I took vacation days twice just so that I could experience frustration.

So they're sure to try it differently next year, but I still expect that it will be internet based; happen in February or March; will require preregistration; and badges will still be nontransferrable.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
People, I will be there Thursday only, and I'd hate to miss high-fiving anybody who happens to be there that day. You can have the great opportunity of meeting my sister, who I'll be shepherding around for her first time - after all, I'm a true veteran now.

With the goal of getting her to interesting panels and the single day of badges, I apologize in advance if I don't get a chance to spend enough time with my favorite exhibitors.

John's idea of meeting for breakfast sounds like a great idea to me, if it's Thursday!

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of TWS
posted Hide Post
I'll be there and I Can't wait.. Only a couple more weeks away.. I Managed to get parking under the covention center for all the days but I was on the website the exact second they went on sale. Stop by and say hello. Wave My Exhibitor Space is B3.. Just trying to get all the stuff I'm taking shipped out there..

Posts: 2099 | Location: none | Registered: September 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm going for two days- probably Friday and Saturday. I have class on Thursday, and I'm not sure about Sunday- I might go if I still have the energy or not if I'll need a break Cool

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Interesting in todays blog Cryptozoic Entertainment notes they be selling some of their products at above MSRP. I wonder how much above. I was glad to see them at SDCC but assumed their main purpose was to promote their company not sell their stuff at market rates. Although another perspective is a number of thier distributers will be selling on the floor and they would't want to undercut their pricing.

I think it would be better if they sold SDCC unique products like Artbox and Breygent that are not in competition with others.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Interesting in todays blog Cryptozoic Entertainment notes they be selling some of their products at above MSRP. I wonder how much above. I was glad to see them at SDCC but assumed their main purpose was to promote their company not sell their stuff at market rates. Although another perspective is a number of thier distributers will be selling on the floor and they would't want to undercut their pricing.

I think it would be better if they sold SDCC unique products like Artbox and Breygent that are not in competition with others.

The interview says: "Fans can stop by to try to find sold-our products normally sold above MSRP."

I read it as a way to get product at MSRP which is normally well overpriced like, in their example, Walking Dead Season 1 cards.

I did notice that they said "try to get". It makes me wonder how much of their sold out product they really will have.

https://sites.google.com/site/riddler149/

Posts: 1255 | Location: California | Registered: January 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You are right (hopefully), I stand correvted.

posted Hide Post
Thursday's program was posted yesterday, a bit of a dud for my interest. Not sure why the 2 weaker days are Thursday and Sunday yet Thursday badges are full priced at $40 and Sunday is half that.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of TheUberBob
posted Hide Post
The remainder of the schedule and the Exhibitor List have been posted. Big "Doctor Who" panel on Sunday: Matt Smith, Karen Gillan, Arthur Darvill, Steven Moffat, and Caroline Skinner (Producer). A new trailer of some kind is sure to be shown.

As for dealers, I haven't read the whole list but I don't see Artbox listed this year. Nor do I see Topps for that matter. I'll let the rest of you pore through it for now as I've got to go to bed and get to work in the morning.

-Bob-

Posts: 2767 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: May 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jake
posted Hide Post
Artbox is on the list, but they're in a different spot than their usual place

Posts: 1226 | Location: Vegas Baby! | Registered: September 21, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't see their name on the exhibitor list...am I missing something?

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Artbox was on the original released list but disappeared over the weekend, so I'm guessing it was a mistake?

Posts: 53 | Location: Hacienda Heights, CA | Registered: October 01, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post