Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Page 1 2 3 4 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

SDCC Update
 Login/Join

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Ace of Hearts
posted Hide Post
I heard you had to go to a panel to get Castle P1.
Ace

Posts: 2894 | Location: San Diego | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
That is why I don't bother with the panels. I would miss out on all the signings if I did. I got into most of the signings I tried for. The ones I was most pleased with were: Sons of Anarchy, Supernatural, Man of Steel and Doctor Who.

Posts: 193 | Location: Ca | Registered: June 15, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Panels this year had very few hand-outs. In prior years it use to be noted in the panel description if there was a give away. Falling Skies had a good hand out where as some others had buttons that didn'r even mention the show.

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MrBlueofnyc:
quote:
Originally posted by NonSportCardGuy26:
With how crazy Hall H and Ballroom 20 are they should really have a Satellite room that broadcasts the panels/footage at the same time as it is going on. It would be a good way to give more people the opportunity to at least see and hear what they cannot see in Hall H.

Or they need to expand the convention center. Or they need to move lol.

They playback Hall H and Ballroom 20 later around 7 or 8pm in one of the rooms

They play them back with ZERO of the footage that is shown. All they playback is the Q&A/Interview part of the panels. People go to see the exclusive footage just as much as the Q&As. They should have a satellite room where they show everything live that is happening in hall H. They do it for big boxing matches and UFC fights in Vegas...if you cant get a ticket to the actual fight you can pay $xx and go to a satellite party where they broadcast it live. Comic Con should do the same thing and give an extra 1000 or so people the opportunity to at least see what is going on in Hall H. I stood in line from 7:35-1:00 PM on Saturday, and did not make it into Hall H. That is just insane.

Posts: 109 | Location: Ormond Beach, FL | Registered: June 19, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of robomole
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Tirohn:
Panels this year had very few hand-outs. In prior years it use to be noted in the panel description if there was a give away. Falling Skies had a good hand out where as some others had buttons that didn'r even mention the show.

Yeah, I used to be able to leave Comic-Con with a whole new wardrobe! There would be shirts from nearly every panel. But this year, even Psych, who is always heavy on the swag, and even had two styles of t-shirts last year, gave out some recycled glasses from a past year. It feels like the studios are less enthusiastic about Comic-Con as they have been in the past, with some studios/shows pulling out all together. I missed having a Burn Notice Panel! Frown

Posts: 209 | Location: El Cajon, California | Registered: October 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post