Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    October Philly Non-Sports Card Show Cancellation
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

October Philly Non-Sports Card Show Cancellation
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted
PHILLY NON-SPORTS CARD SHOW ANNOUNCEMENT:

We are officially canceling the fall Philly Non-Sports Card Show which was to take place on October 17 and 18. As much as we love the hobby and love the show, the safety and health of everyone involved is our most important concern.

The year 2020 has been very hard for everyone and we are hoping the year 2021 will be much better. The planned show dates for 2021 are May 15 and 16 & October 16 and 17. Please stay safe and we hope to see you in 2021.

Posts: 12994 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Bummer, but not surprising and very much in everyone's best interest. I think everybody is already looking forward to 2021.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
How about a virtual Card Talk gathering? That would be fun and we could connect with everyone including our UK friends! I am confident you can work this out Harris!

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
How about a virtual Card Talk gathering? That would be fun and we could connect with everyone including our UK friends! I am confident you can work this out Harris!

If anyone could make it work it would be Harris, great thinking Batman

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Also, that's twice I've moved my flight LOL!

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Harris not available as he is up a mountain somewhere or lost in the wilderness. Big Grin

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of AWR
posted Hide Post
I think a virtual Card Talk Gathering would be great. There are plenty of platforms out there (Zoom, Google, Facebook) that could be used. With the cancelling of the Fall Philly Show , it would be great to see / talk to fellow card talk members and see how people are going about their card collecting during these crazy times

Posts: 382 | Location: Califon, NJ | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes definately it would be a good thing You tubers seem to be able to do it .
If set up it could even become a bi monthly event

Posts: 758 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: November 22, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Zoom may become problemmatic because they are obligated to provide any content to the Chinese government upon request. A lot of people are switching to WebEx for meetings that may have international participation.

Posts: 2424 | Location: North Augusta, SC, USA | Registered: November 28, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
Bumping an older thread.

So will things be pretty much back to normal in time for the Spring show? I am optimistic that it will be.

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
Bumping an older thread.

So will things be pretty much back to normal in time for the Spring show? I am optimistic that it will be.

No chance. Eek

Posts: 28998 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

NSU Elf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by ifish73:
Bumping an older thread.

No chance. Eek

Positive thoughts, I want to set up again!
Thumb Up

Posts: 827 | Location: Southern New Jersey | Registered: April 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post