Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
61st Philly Non-Sports Card Show

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6236037711/m/6527095176

October 18, 2014, 05:12 PM
H_Toser
61st Philly Non-Sports Card Show
I meant to post this yesterday. We have a couple of tables set up in the back left corner of the room for trading. So feel free to bring trade material and use that space!

October 19, 2014, 12:32 PM
H_Toser
Cryptozoic Entertainment announced they have the license to Outlander today st the Philly Show.

October 20, 2014, 10:47 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
Another great show! Always fun to talk to old friends. Thanks to the Tosers and everyone who stopped by my table and made the show a roaring success!
October 20, 2014, 11:15 AM
Batman
Thank you Ted for the AP you did, as I was one of the first people to commission Ted a few years ago Ted gave me an AP in appreciation which is just outstanding! A class gesture Ted, thanks again! Thumb Up

October 20, 2014, 11:37 AM
Bill DeFranzo
Got home last night around 11:30. What a weekend! I get a lot of ribbing because of the Price Guide, the Checklist and because I'm me but I enjoy the attention so was I surprised with Hammer's appearance! He made me feel special on an international level. Smile

AKA: Promo Czar (self-appointed)
October 20, 2014, 04:43 PM
Dave Moulder
It was a great show. As usual came home with the truck fuller then when I left.

Thanks to:
Bob(Batman) for the great trade. I've got a few more presents for you.
John Fitzgerald for the great help with loading out. Made it
out by 4:30 a new record that should make Roxanne happy.
Craig Smith for the usual great trades.
Bill D. For just being you.
Tommy Breyer for the great trade
Big Tom Breyer for the extra promos.
Rob at Rittenhouse for some great info and promos
Harris for some extra show promos for my customers back home.
The crazy Canadians who had to drive me nuts by speaking French.

Deena, Sarah, Al, Laura, Mike, Big Mike, other Bob and everyone else who stopped by to buy, sell or trade at either side of what we would like to start calling Moulder Alley. It was nice being able to get all my stuff out on display. Of course we did have the truck annex going at times as well.

My wife had fun with her tables and meeting all the people she's heard me talk about for years. We are very competitive and she was trying to do more in sales than me, but I won again. We already started to plan on what to bring to the next show.

Dave
October 20, 2014, 06:32 PM
Logan
I didn't make it to this show so I'll ask, did anyone catch a glimpse of what was displayed on the Rittenhouse tables? I'm curious to know if they were showing any Buffy autographs. I can't wait for that set so I'm anxious to know who else signed besides SMG.
October 20, 2014, 07:07 PM
cubby5454
What can I say- another great show.
Thanks to all who attended and to all the manufacturers for all the great promos.
If you've never attended, you should make plans to come to a show. You will not be disappointed.

I have not started to go through all my stuff yet- really just took everything out of the car so far. However, I do know I have just a handful of the Breygent Philly Mystery packs left- just the regular size- all the 5x7 packs are gone already.
If you couldn't attend and would like any, just shoot me an e-mail.

Thanks.
Mike
cubby5454@aol.com
October 21, 2014, 09:39 AM
Graham
Was there any news as to who will be appearing as guest artists in May?
October 21, 2014, 10:12 AM
non-sportcards
Harris announced some of the guests at the meeting Sunday morning. Off the top of my head (and with my faulty memory) I recall Rhiannon Owens, Axebone, Sean Pence and a couple other names who escape me.

Laura Inglis will be there but back at my tables for the Spring show. In the works (you heard it hear first) will be a metal promo sold just at my tables for the Spring show (first weekend in May 2015).

Derek
October 21, 2014, 10:27 AM
Batman
Tony and Elaine Perna will be there as well Graham! Smile

October 21, 2014, 10:51 AM
H_Toser
Yes, that is the complete line-up announced thus far, as Derek and Batman said:

Axebone
Rhiannon Owens
Sean Pence
Elaine Perna
Tony Perna

With a couple more artists to be announced.

The dates for the Spring Philly Non-Sports Card Show (#62) are May 2 & 3, 2015.

October 21, 2014, 11:49 AM
hammer
Had a great time at the show, took my wife for the first time and she enjoyed herself too, I even won a DECENT prize at the cardtalk meeting (no kid size t-shirt or UK promo's this time Smile). It really is a lovely friendly show and if you haven't been I recommend it.
October 21, 2014, 11:49 AM
hammer
quote:
Originally posted by Bill DeFranzo:
Got home last night around 11:30. What a weekend! I get a lot of ribbing because of the Price Guide, the Checklist and because I'm me but I enjoy the attention so was I surprised with Hammer's appearance! He made me feel special on an international level. Smile

Bill, you are certainly "special" Big Grin
October 23, 2014, 08:55 AM
H_Toser
Batman's show report from the 61st Philly Non-Sports Card Show is online now:

61st Philly Non-Sports Card Show – Surprises and More!

I have a huge batch of photos form Cliff Tooker to put up and will be doing so soon. Right now, we're finishing up the Dec/Jan issue of NSU but after that, look out!

October 23, 2014, 06:43 PM
WandringRebel
As always, I had a great time at the show.
Thanks to everyone who stopped by my table during the weekend and thanks to everyone who provided promo cards for the show (and the Red Robin Saturday night gathering).

October 25, 2014, 09:38 AM
H_Toser
Today is picture day. There are three sets of photos for anyone interested in seeing some of the sights from the 61st Philly Non-Sports Card Show.

NSU Blog
Photo Gallery from the October 2014 Philly Non-Sports Card Show

A full gallery of photos by Cliff Tooker is on the blog now at the link above

Philly Non-Sports Card Show Facebook Page
Philly Show Facebook Gallery

A second photo gallery with shots by Cliff Tooker is on the Philly Non-Sports Card Show Facebook page. Be sure to like the Philly Show on Facebook to see the photos.

Card Talk
Below are a bunch of pictures I took at the Philly Show.

Enjoy them all!

October 25, 2014, 09:41 AM
H_Toser

Artist Brian Kong made a special, surprise appearance! And that's Donna Moulder manning the table with Tom Breyer Jr. on the left.

"Hammer" won a cool Scifi Hobby shirt from Rittenhouse Archives

This message has been edited. Last edited by: H_Toser,

October 25, 2014, 09:43 AM
H_Toser

How do you like Robert's shirt?

The new Downton Abbey Series 3 & 4 box on the Cryptozoic Entertainment table

October 25, 2014, 09:44 AM
H_Toser

Sons of Anarchy Seasns 4 & 5 box and show worn flannel shirt

Cryptozoic Entertainment showed off a prototype of the upcoming Ghostbusters box