Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    New York Comic Con - OCT 11-14
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New York Comic Con - OCT 11-14
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Along with the Topps and Breygent promos I picked up these oddball promos as well:

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Great post chen12. Looks like you got a lot of those Marvel cards. You must have been hanging around that booth for a while. LOL. Those cards were difficult to get.

Great sketches too.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Harris, I am having a lot of difficulty reading your blog section. It is taking forever to load and when I do get it the pictures are fine, but the writing is light gray on a black background and really hard to read.

I have an older PC at home, so part of the problem may be me, but I have no issues with Card Talk itself. Wondering if anyone else is having the same trouble?

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
Great post chen12. Looks like you got a lot of those Marvel cards. You must have been hanging around that booth for a while. LOL. Those cards were difficult to get.

Great sketches too.

I found some info about the cards here - https://marvelheroes.com/contest/nycc2012

The game took place from 3:01 PM on 10/11 and ended at 4:30 PM on 10/14. After 4:30, they simply gave away all remaining cards. That's when I got mine.

Posts: 128 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: April 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raven:
Harris, I am having a lot of difficulty reading your blog section. It is taking forever to load and when I do get it the pictures are fine, but the writing is light gray on a black background and really hard to read.

I have an older PC at home, so part of the problem may be me, but I have no issues with Card Talk itself. Wondering if anyone else is having the same trouble?

That's a good question. I have not heard this from anyone else so I would be curious to hear if anyone else is having this problem. Anywhere I see it, it is black text on a white background -- very easy to read and quite different from what you describe (light gray type on a black background).

It sounds to me like the site's CSS is not reading correctly on your PC. What browser (and version number) are you using on that PC?

Anyone else having trouble?

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
No trouble reading it on mine

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

It sounds to me like the site's CSS is not reading correctly on your PC. What browser (and version number) are you using on that PC?

IE 7. I think it is me because hitting different blog links can get better results or not. Too many plug-ins can also give me problems, but the color changes in text is weird and only happens on the Blog. I'm trying to hold out for the next OS before I get a new computer.

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here are a few more pictures.

The artists let me take pictures of them while they worked.

Jacob Chabot

Jason Edmiston

Chris Giarusso

And here are pics from the panels that I attended.

Christopher Lloyd

Food & Comics

The Dark Knight Returns (animated movie)

The Conjuring

The Bay

Beautiful Creatures

Carrie

Evil Dead

Walking Dead

Firefly

666 Park Avenue

DC Comics: Batman

Robert Kirkman

Ian McDiarmid

Posts: 128 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: April 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
quote:

Please tell me more about these cards. I can't read the small print in yellow. Were these available directly or indirectly from a card manufacturer? Or are they custom made for the artists? Or made by the convention itself?

THANKS

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
Please tell me more about these cards. I can't read the small print in yellow. Were these available directly or indirectly from a card manufacturer? Or are they custom made for the artists? Or made by the convention itself?

THANKS

These are the sketch cards Topps provided artists at the show to do sketch on. We did a story about it on the blog here:

Free Topps Sketch Cards at NYCC

Topps had a number of artists at the show doing these at their booth and you can see some of them in Chen12's pictures like Jacob Chabot, Jason Edmiston, and Chris Giarusso. We'll have a blog post up soon about Jeff Zapata's sketches.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Thanks Harris. I was curious about this. Some of these guys often attend ECCC, and would love to see something like this. I'll have to contact Topps (which I need to do anyway) and the promoter of ECCC and see what might be put together. BTW, or other card manufacturers. There's several artists that attend that also work for UD, RA, and BM.

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tattoox:
quote:

THANKS

Awww... I love the middle one! the Martian morphed into Franky! Big Grin

Reliving my childhood one piece of painted plastic and slab of cardboard at a time.

Posts: 971 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Batman's review of New York Comic Con 2012 along with a gallery of photos that I took at the show is up on the blog now:

Non-Sport Update Returns to New York Comic Con – 2012 Edition!

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here's another interesting article on New York Comic Con, this one on ICv2:

NYCC Maxes Out with 116,000

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Love the Creature Feature box in Batmans blog report. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Harris gets the credit for the photos they sure make my blog story look good don't they? Wink Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I'm glad to see that the trading card presence is increasing at the show. Thanks to everyone for posting their reports and photos.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Looks like Topps was giving away/selling Mars Attacks 9 puzzle cards. Anyone have any information, set for sale?

Posts: 457 | Location: Raleigh | Registered: April 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Same Mars Attacks 9 card set as San Diego, no difference. They were $9.95, as I recall.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
Same Mars Attacks 9 card set as San Diego, no difference. They were $9.95, as I recall.

We made these extra sets available in a single purchase (without having to hunt around the show) after some fans complained about not being able to make it to SDCC.

We may have a few still left for the Philly Show.

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post