Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    New York Comic Con - OCT 11-14
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

New York Comic Con - OCT 11-14
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Who is coming? Make sure to stop by Booth 1401 and say hi!! I still have some of the Breygent SDCC packs.

Posts: 522 | Location: New York City | Registered: February 01, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I will be helping out "Terry's Comics" again. Don't know his booth number. I will be there Fri, Sat and Sun. I will have a handful of newer boxes for sale. If you don't see any on display then just ask. We are down to one booth this year so things will be tight.

Assuming the Biegel boys will be there? (Alan, Harris and Bob).

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by non-sportcards:
Assuming the Biegel boys will be there? (Alan, Harris and Bob).

Don't call me that. Mad Eek Big Grin Big Grin But yes, Alan, Harris, and Bob will be there...apparently along with some special guests this year with even sillier names then Biegel Boys. Roll Eyes

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Floppy and Angry Lou on Friday, Floppy asked me today if Alan and Harris are good friends of mine, I said yes, and he said he was sorry! Roll Eyes

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Topps had the printing plate sets available for pre-sale at NYCC. See the blog for details, limited to 350 sets, they cost $500.00 each, each set comes with the 4 printing plates for each base card and 24 exclusive base cards in a leather slipcase.

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Did anyone who is attending the show pick up the 2 new exclusive Breygent promos ? (Grimm and Dexter)

Anyone have extras ? I am looking for them, with no success. Were there any other non sport promos at the show ?

David

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
What more promo's, the price' for the chicago promo's are silly

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Is the Grimm promo there?

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Yes, there was a Grimm promo.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Where might one find it at the show?

Posts: 1619 | Location: Oregon | Registered: August 25, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of beamer
posted Hide Post
At the Breygent booth. #1983

Posts: 755 | Location: FL | Registered: January 28, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Was able to spend just a couple of hours at Comic Con today. It was very crowded and very hot, but everyone seemed to be having a good time. So many elaborate and imaginative costumes, it has really gotten big. The convention set up could have been better, not a lot of directing going on and the crowd was so thick it was difficult to walk through some aisles. Despite that I was surprised at how orderly and polite the people were, really a nice crowd, a least while I was there.

Unfortunately I missed finding a couple of booths I was looking for and did not have the time to do another circle. I didn't see 258 and forgot the number, so I missed MrBlue. I also didn't get to see the autograph guests. Sorry about that.

I did see two dealers I knew and picked up some boxes. Lots of artists present, but I didn't have enough time for commissions.

I was very happy to find the Breygent booth and have the opportunity to meet and chat with Tom for a few minutes. A great guy and I thank him for his time and his promos. I picked up a couple of his new Dexter sets and we talked about making non-sport cards. If anyone's going on Sunday you should be sure to stop by Breygent, it was the highlight of my day. Smile

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
Any word if the NYCC packs will be offered at Philly or elsewhere? I didn't have any luck getting the Grimm promo. So now I'm currently missing the last 3. Frown

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
We'll have several New York Comic Con stories on the blog over the next week or so, all written by Batman. You can read the first one about artist alley right now:

An Artist Superhighway at New York Comic Con 2012

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Tattoox
posted Hide Post
The Artist Alley looks larger than it did when I attended two years ago. Looks like Emerald City Comic Con next year is going to give NYCC a run for it's money.

posted Hide Post
does anybody know how many dexter promo's there are for the nycc ? i know of 2 i was wondering if there were more

Posts: 39 | Location: Edmonton | Registered: June 27, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The reports are off to a great start Batman! I can't wait for the next one.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have a few pics to share.

New Gen
This is the front and back of the same card.

Marvel
These were being given out as part of a RPG demo. I don't know how many there are in total but I know that I'm missing The Thing.

This is what the back looks like.

Sidekick
Each pack was $5. As indicated by the gold foil stamp on the wrapper, it is a 2012 NYCC Exclusive.

Each pack had seven stickers. Six can be found in normal packs.

Each pack had one NYCC Exclusive sticker.

This is the back of the NYCC Exclusive sticker.

They were giving out 10 promo cards.

258 West Authentic
I purchased a Breygent SDCC Mystery Pack for $35.

Grimm promo

Dead World promo

Warlord of Mars puzzle cards 1 & 2

Warlord of Mars panel card (WCP-20, #16 of 38)

John Lithgow autograph

Dead World David Day Z-Card

Breygent
For $60, I purchased two Dexter Season 4 sets.

I only opened one of them and got a Vince Masuka wardrobe card and a latex glove prop card.

I also received a Dexter season 4 promo card and two World of Fantasy promo cards as well as a...

Grimm promo

Topps
This is the front and back of the same card.

Here are the sketch cards drawn by Jacob Chabot, Jason Edmiston and Chris Giarrusso.

Jacob Chabot had done X-Babies for Marvel. Jason Edmiston had done monster mashes featuring Frankenstein, Wolfman and other characters. I think they got a kick out of merging their previous work into this effort. Unfortunately, I did not think to ask the same for Chris Giarrusso.

Posts: 128 | Location: Rego Park, NY | Registered: April 14, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chen12:

Jacob Chabot had done X-Babies for Marvel. Jason Edmiston had done monster mashes featuring Frankenstein, Wolfman and other characters. I think they got a kick out of merging their previous work into this effort. Unfortunately, I did not think to ask the same for Chris Giarrusso.

Great sketch cards! Especially love the one by Chabot. Very clever to suggest those combinations!

Posts: 165 | Location: Mars | Registered: April 05, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Here's a set of three stickers that were distributed at NYCC: