Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    September 16th & 17th- Chicago Expo Grand Finale-
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

September 16th & 17th- Chicago Expo Grand Finale-
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted
Hello everyone! Well, now that the June 5th show has gone by, another one under the belt, as they say, I am here to officially announce that Diane and I Are retiring from the promotion of shows after 2011. I wish to thank each and everyone one who has supported the CECE near and far. We have made a great many friends, which I will always value.
The question has been asked a hundred times over today, but for the benefit of those who could not make the show today, the reason is that there is not just one reason. However, among the reasons is that I wish to work on a very special charity project next year, and it will be, I am guesstimating an approx 5 year project. I am excited about this, but cannot release any details until I get some of the legalities straightened away.
Now, onto the Fall Expo news.
The date for the Final Expo is Sat., Sept. 17th, I have extended the hours and am adding a charity breakfast to the Expo. Even though, there may not be any movie / TV celebrities this year, due to being a one day event, there will be creators- artists, writers & possibly some publishers.
We are already almost 50% sold out and have some really exciting news regarding this year's charity auction-
Stay tuned for more details!
We are currently taking dealer and creator registration NOW. Please email me directly if interested in setting up at the very LAST EXPO.
cecexpo@gmail.com.
Thanks again to all of you for your wonderful support of the CECE and the Treasure Chest Foundation. Take care and see you in September.
Paul

This message has been edited. Last edited by: PAULM,

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
That's quite a sad and surprising announcement. . .

Has there been any plan to hand the show off to someone else, or have someone step in to fill the show void?

I've toyed with setting up at the last couple of shows, but the schedule hasn't worked out for me. . . hopefully it does in September. . .

Good luck in your future endeavors.

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Sad to hear. I enjoyed the few times I was able to do the show. I wish it had been closer so that I was able to do it more often. Unfortunately the 16 1/2 hour drive made it difficult to do for a 1 or 2 day show.

Good luck in your next project.

Dave

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
since this will be Paul's last show
I will definitely have to try and make the trip down
sad to see you go Paul Frown

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
On the one hand, it's sad that this is the last show Paul and crew will be running. I was only able to do one CECE but I thought it was great and was hoping to do it again at some point. On the other, it sounds like Paul has another great project that he'll be working on.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Keep an eye out, there will be a special announcement or two or three coming very soon!
Have a great night!
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
show announcement coming later this evening- tune in around 10pm!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just got confirmation on Adding a second day to the Fall Expo! I am ironing out the fine details, but the NEW Expo dates are Sept 16th and 17th!
The 16th was added to help accommodate all the annual pass holders for the postponed July 9th show, which was cancelled with a promised rescheduling, so here it is! And what better way to celebrate!
Will advise the show time as soon as possible.
Thanks Paul

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
Clap Clap Clap Clap

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The festivities will start on Friday, Sept 16th at 8pm and go to ??
See you all there!
Please note: to all annual pass holders, the addition of the Sept 16th show date will be observed in light of the postponement of the July 9th date.

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome!!!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!
You will have a chance, a once in a lifetime chance to actually sit in a full scale replica of H.G.Wells' Time Machine! Their is a nominal donation to the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest required, we will take a photo of you in the TM with your camera! How awesome is that ?
More details to follow!
Thanks and have a great night!
Paul

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PAULM:
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT!
You will have a chance, a once in a lifetime chance to actually sit in a full scale replica of H.G.Wells' Time Machine! Their is a nominal donation to the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest required, we will take a photo of you in the TM with your camera! How awesome is that ?
More details to follow!
Thanks and have a great night!
Paul

Drool

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Cool, sounds like you are putting together a good send off!

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Below is a link to Connie Persampieri's Deviant page for a piece of Original Artwork of 3 of the main characters in Battlestar Galactica. She has this piece in a contest for Cyphan and will be donating it to the 2011 CECE Charity Auction. Thank you Connie. Please follow the link and VOTE for Connie. We would like her to win this contest, and in so doing, would make this piece extra special for the winning bidder.

http://rustdangel.deviantart.c...-Art-Entry-210963612

Thanks again for all the support! More updates to come! Keep an eye on the site. The next batch of updates will include the preorder buttons set up through Paypal.
Exciting things coming your way!

Take care and have a great day!
Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The first guests will be announced shortly, keep an eye out for some updates in the next day or so!

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Now that you have a time machine you can get any guests you want. Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Ah----yesssssss!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
We are currently accepting Exhibitor and artist applications for the Grand Finale!
Get your reservation in early, the show is filling up quickly!
More announcements coming this evening!
Thanks Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The price has been set for Photo Ops with your camera of YOU sitting in the Time Machine!
ONLY $ 5.00 per photo- 100% will benefit the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation. I am hoping this will entice people to come out to one of the more affordable shows to go to.
Remember general Admission is only $ 4.00 per person and parking is FREE!
In addition, to this spectacular, once in a lifetime offer, there will be a couple of Premium Raffle prizes in which you can purchase tickets for. You do not want to miss this! Trust me! More info coming soon!!!Keep your eyes peeled! Have a great safe 4th!
Paul