Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    September 16th & 17th- Chicago Expo Grand Finale-
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

September 16th & 17th- Chicago Expo Grand Finale-
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Connie Persampieri has done a very nice piece depicting 3 of Battlestar Galactica's main actors.This piece was entered in a contest hosted by Cyphan, and congratulations, Connie, she won the contest! A piece that Connie has graciously donated to the CECE Charity Auction. The Charity auction will be held at 1pm on Sat., the 17th. We will be posting all the auction pieces on the website in the next 30 days or so. So, keep an eye out.
To view this piece, please go to my website, www.chicagolandexpo.com and there is a link to vote for Connie, to win the contest for Cyphan.
More news coming later!
Take care and have a great day!
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Caesar
posted Hide Post
hi Paul, can I lobby for you to bring back Ken Kelly to this year's show? :-)

Good luck with the grand finale...it's sad that your time with the CECE is coming to an end but I wish you and Dianne the best in your future adventures!

Thanks for the many years of fun memories,
Tony

Posts: 150 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Tony,
Hope to see you guys for the Finale. There are some special programming and special pieces for the auction this year. Plus, it will be a great time!
Thanks for the well wishes. Take care and have a great summer!
Paul

Posts: 955 | Location: HICKORY HILLS IL | Registered: April 11, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
website currently being updated with some great news! Keep a eye out!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Check out the site tonight! We are offering premium raffle tickets for 2 very special prizes- will mail order if winner is not present.
www.chicagolandexpo.com
More to come!

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Artist and Creator Announcement!

Artists schedule to appear:

• Connie Persampieri
• Tom Jozwiak
• Jake Reuth
• Ted Dastick, Jr
• Chris Foreman
• Peter G.
• Mark McHaley

And more to be announced!

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I can't wait! This will be the farthest West I've ever been. Nice to see I'll be in good company. Smile

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
It will be nice to finally meet you Ted.

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Will the base commons be available, and will you still be receiving donations?

Will this show fill the whole room?

Cool

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
It will be nice to finally meet you Ted.

Same here!

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great update! Glad to see the dealers listed. . . excellent!

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Yes, XTIME, singles will be in attendance. I am working on a deal to sell all of them to another dealer, however, he has assured me that if we make the deal, he would bring them to the show.

Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Hmmm??? Why does that make me nervous?

Anyway, whole or half a room?

Smokin'

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
We will have the whole ballroom, plus the Charity Auction will be held in the Charleston Room on Saturday.

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Artist Tom Kelly

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello Everyone!
Although, we are technically sold out/almost sold out, I am taking names for the waiting list.
During this time, I am reconfirming from the dealers and artists that have not firmly committed to the Expo. As the table(s) open up, I will work down the list.
New names will start appearing as firm commitments come in.
Also, I am thinking of adding a few tables in both front and side foyers of the room with artists just to keep up with the demand.
Similar to last year's Expo.
So, if you are an exhibitor or an artist, and you wish to appear at the LAST CHICAGO EXPO, please contact me personally at cecexpo@gmail.com or post here or both! The sooner the better.
Also, Anyone interested in the charity breakfast, that has not confirmed, nor reserved, I need to know this soon as well, as these are advance ticket purchases in this part of the event and I need to let the hotel know the head count prior to the Expo.
So write to me- let me know!
Thanks and see you all there!
Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Hello All!
As this is a very special Expo, I do extend a very warm welcome to the manufacturers, ones who have supported us throughout the years as well as all the new folks on board in the trading card biz. I would like to take the time to extend this invitation to you all to attend our very last Chicago Expo. For those who cannot make it physically, please feel free to help us with any show promos, exclusives always appreciated, also could use raffle prizes and auction items.
100% of auction items benefit the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation.
I am still accepting ads for the 2011 CECE Program Book, very limited space left available, please email me directly for details at cecexpo@gmail.com
Thanks very much and hope to see some familiar faces as well as some new ones.
Take care,
Paul

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great NEWS!!!!
The response has been so great! THANK YOU! That we just added opening a second room- The Fox Valley room for more exhibitors and artists!
YEAHHHH!!

Thanks very much for the support and see you all there!
Paul

Picture of Caesar
posted Hide Post
Well done, Paul!
Does that mean there's room to bring back Ken Kelly? Wink

Posts: 150 | Location: Wisconsin | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PAULM:
Great NEWS!!!!
The response has been so great! THANK YOU! That we just added opening a second room- The Fox Valley room for more exhibitors and artists!
YEAHHHH!!

Paul,

Iggy was heard saying that he want's his location the same as last fall. Wave

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post