Non-Sport Update's Card Talk
September 16th & 17th- Chicago Expo Grand Finale-

This topic can be found at:
https://nonsportupdate.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/6236037711/m/6417010506

July 21, 2011, 11:37 PM
PAULM
September 16th & 17th- Chicago Expo Grand Finale-
Please check out Paul Bines' #37 UK Cardcast show. There is a great interview with someone in Chicago.
July 22, 2011, 08:49 AM
PAULM
Good Morning All!
The first of several announcements regarding the 2011 CECE Promo Cards.
Artist Laura Inglis is creating a Special Promo Card ONLY given out on Friday Night to all attendees, while supplies last! So, all you well planning, lucky collectors, you must go to Laura's table to find the card you seek!
This is the first in the Treasure Hunt of Cards program! Stay tuned for additional announcements!
Thanks Paul
July 24, 2011, 11:19 AM
PAULM
There will be additional announcements made after this weekend, once Comicon is over. Unfortunately, I am waiting on confirmation on some things and cannot get my answers until then.So, keep an eye peeled!
Thanks Paul
July 26, 2011, 06:47 AM
PAULM
Hello everyone!
I still have some artist tables left for the Grand Finale! Not many and they are going quickly. Also have one or two dealer tables available as well! Please post here or email me directly at cecexpo@gmail.com.
Thanks and see you all there!
Paul
July 26, 2011, 06:49 AM
PAULM
To clarify, the following publishers that will be set up at the Chicago Expo this fall are :

Non-Sport Update
The Wrapper
Movie Collectors World

Thanks Paul
July 26, 2011, 07:08 PM
PAULM
Anyone interested in previewing the piece of original art that Connie Persampieri will be donating for this year's charity auction, it can be seen in person, this weekend at Cyphan. We will both be there.
Any questions, just ask.
Thanks Paul
July 29, 2011, 10:41 AM
PAULM
I'm off to Cyphan shortly, hope to see some of the card talkers there.
August 01, 2011, 07:30 PM
PAULM
More web updates coming soon! Will start posting the Charity Auction images in the next few...
So...Keep an eye out!
August 05, 2011, 06:54 PM
PAULM
Small handful of tables left - email me or post.
Going fairly quickly.
Thanks
August 06, 2011, 04:53 PM
PAULM
Count Gregula's Crypt vill be taking video and pics at the Final Expo!
August 07, 2011, 02:03 AM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by PAULM:
Count Gregula's Crypt vill be taking video and pics at the Final Expo!

Is that a good thing?

Sort of sounds like they will be filming a funeral of sorts. Razz

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

August 08, 2011, 01:15 AM
Scifi Cards
OK, I have a challenge and an offer for those that will be at the Expo...

I challenge people to dig through their extra base sets and donate kid-friendly sets for the Treasure Chest. We all note that kids are not collecting as they used to. This puts cards into the hands of kids who will appreciate them. I've started my box of sets, and have about 25 so far.

Now, if you need an incentive... If you bring me a kid-friendly set I'll give you $5 off a set from my table. So, turn your sets into new sets!

I want Paul to have to make an extra trip because of all the sets donated! Bouncey

Ed

August 08, 2011, 09:19 AM
Ted Dastick Jr.
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
OK, I have a challenge and an offer for those that will be at the Expo...

I challenge people to dig through their extra base sets and donate kid-friendly sets for the Treasure Chest. We all note that kids are not collecting as they used to. This puts cards into the hands of kids who will appreciate them. I've started my box of sets, and have about 25 so far.

Now, if you need an incentive... If you bring me a kid-friendly set I'll give you $5 off a set from my table. So, turn your sets into new sets!

I want Paul to have to make an extra trip because of all the sets donated! Bouncey

Ed

I've got a whole bunch of Indiana Jones and Clone Wars extras sitting around, if I have the time to put them into sets I'll mail them to you before the show. I'd guess I've got 5-7 of each.
August 08, 2011, 11:29 PM
Scifi Cards
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:
I've got a whole bunch of Indiana Jones and Clone Wars extras sitting around, if I have the time to put them into sets I'll mail them to you before the show. I'd guess I've got 5-7 of each.

I'd be more than happy to be a go-between for anyone who has sets they would like to donate to Treasure Chest.

Great idea Ted!

Ed

August 11, 2011, 05:22 AM
PAULM
Major Artist Announcement!!!!!
Come Friday, Sept 16th to the Chicago Expo to meet and greet artist Cynthia Cummens-Narcisi!
Her schedule allows her to be with us one last time, but on Friday night only!
She will be bringing artwork for sale, However, her main goal is something completely different! She will be helping the Treasure Chest Foundation with a fundraiser that she created. Please check out the home page of the website for complete details! I, too, will be participating in supporting this programming, so come take advantage of something cool and will benefit the children as well.
Thanks Paul
August 11, 2011, 05:26 AM
PAULM
www.chicagolandexpo.com
August 11, 2011, 09:21 AM
PAULM
Attention!Attention!
For those who will be joining us for the CHARITY Breakfast on Saturday morning, each person will receive a special gift while supplies last!
Hint! It is trading card related!!!!
So sign up now for the breakfast, we still have some seats to fill! Cost is only $15.00 per person, with a portion of the proceeds to benefit the Pediatric Oncology Treasure Chest Foundation. It si a great buffet with a wonderful variety of items!
email me directly at cecexpo@gmail.com
Thanks Paul
August 11, 2011, 10:40 AM
PAULM
Thanks Ed, for the challenge set forth. Please keep in mind also, that there will be a new promo card thank you gift with every donation, while supplies last. If you missed the first promo card gift, we may have a few left, just ask for either one.
Thanks Paul
August 11, 2011, 11:33 AM
PAULM
Special Hotel rates expire soon! Please make your hotel reservation asap- call directly at 630 665 3000 and the rate is $ 64.95+ tax nightly. the Hotel code is CECE and the dates.
Remember- This hotel offers FREE PARKING!
Ah! One less expense!
August 11, 2011, 11:41 PM
PAULM
Finally back from Wizard, will be there all weekend in hopes to get more artwork done for the Treasure Chest of Art. There are going to be additional artists for the second release.
If you see me, and need a postcard, just ask. I will be in artist alley the majority of the time. Hope to see some card talkers there!
Take care,
Paul