Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Non-Sport Card Show March 23 & 24 2012
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Non-Sport Card Show March 23 & 24 2012
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted
The rumors are true, there will be continuing shows in the Chicago area. Clap

Some things won't change. We are still looking at doing shows in March and September. We will be at the same location, the Holiday Inn and Suites in Carol Stream. We'll even be in the same room.

Some things will change. There is no way to duplicate what Paul and Diane have done for the last 11 years. We're not even going to try. We don't have any plans for celebrity guests but will still have artists in attendance. We are actively looking to add a few new faces to the dealers, especially if we could find a vintage dealer in Chicago. We have changed the admission price, the show will now be free for all to enter. Thumb Up

We have a website started: www.nonsportcardshows.com and are on Facebook as Chicago Non-Sport Card Show. Check them out and Like us if you're on Facebook.

I'll be happy to answer any questions either here or by email ( shows@nonsportcardshows.com ). I've tried to pay attention to what people were asking for in a show. Not promising we can do it all, or at least not right away.

A big thank you to Paul and his merry band of volunteers for setting the standard. I hope we can eventually carve our own niche into the show scene.

Ed

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Writer
Picture of Don Norton
posted Hide Post
The Midwest show was always a big event for me - a place to meet other collectors and find some great stuff. I'm very happy you guys have chosen to continue the show.
true, Paul and his team put on an extravaganza that few would be able to match, but I know you guys will do a great job, and I'll be there in March.

Posts: 2911 | Location: Crystal Lake, IL | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Free admission, i like the sound of that.

You wouldn't like to do a UK show would you? Big Grin

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post