Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Show Reports
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Show Reports
 Login/Join

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Great pictures Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of archifou
posted Hide Post
quote:
Maybe you can start a car pool for the next one. Big Grin

Good idea Harris.

Anyone near Montreal going at the Philly for next trip?

Smile

Posts: 1225 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: November 17, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Great pictures, thanks for posting them all. Nice to see some faces who i have been dealing with recently, have you noticed that nobody ever looks like you would have imagined they look?

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of AJJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:
CARD TALK MEMBER GATHERING

Here's a promotional piece Scott passed around the room.

The Character cards look great and I love the design of the auto and memorabilia cards.

Posts: 4594 | Location: Liverpool, UK | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

Looks like Cliff caught Elaine Perna trying on MiniMe's shades. At least, that's what appears to be going on to me. Cool

Here's what Elaine saw when she put on the shades! Eek

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Finally recovered after last weekend. I got home about 12:30 Sunday night and slept most of Monday. Now I have to unpack the truck. I have a collecton of stuff that I'm buying Thursday.

I was nice meeting a lot of new people at the show. Did lots of trading, buying and selling. Luckily I had 2 customers from my local area that were able to take home some of the stuff I purchased at the show. My cargo van was packed to the roof so I wouldn't have made home without their help.

First time ever that I actually sold more to Tommy(Unique)than I bought. Wayne(Zenos) and I did our usually marathon trading deal. From the time we set up till the time we tear down we usually are swapping stuff back and forth to take back to our customers that can't be at the show.

Hopefully everyone who stopped by my tables found something they wanted. With 4 tables I was able to bring stuff that hasn't seen the light of day for years.

Dave

Posts: 507 | Location: MA | Registered: December 05, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by H_Toser:
CARD TALK MEMBER GATHERING

Cryptozoic Entertainment's Scott Gaeta gave us a 10 minute preview of coming CZE products and announced a Tarzan 100-year anniversary retrospective set and another for The Guild

There's me, NSU member "Freddy" in the background on the left. And my kid brother, NSU member "McCheese8472" on the right. If anyone wanted to know what we looked like.
Wave

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Now we know what you look like we are even more afraid than before. Big Grin Wavey

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the pics. Big Grin

The only pic that I did not like was the waiting line. UGGH!!! Roll Eyes

However, I really appreciated the room shots and the dealer tables. SALUTE!!! Thumb Up

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post

And here goes a Bettie Page Private Collection pack to hcbrewer.[/QUOTE]

I was fortunate enough to get 2 of these collection packs Dance

I sent one home with Rhiannon w/ plans to get a Jam sketch with her and Axebone Elephant

she also took home my 4 panel sketch page as there was too much chatting going on at the artists table Wink and only Axebone and Tony finished their sketches
- but that is to be expected at this show - as was mentioned before, feels more like a family gathering than a show !!

I also want to thank the dealers Bryan and Kevin who let me sneak in with them during set up on Friday
( I am sure I was more of a distraction to them then any help in their set up)

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post

Another shot of the artist, from left to right, that's Meghan Hetrick (who will be set-up with her own table at the next Philly Show), Rhiannon Owens, and Sean Pence[/QUOTE]

I also got to see some of Meghan's Dungeon Doll cards and only one word - WOW !!! Eek

this will be the set to beat this year
and I can't wait to be first in line at her table in October Smile

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Now we know what you look like we are even more afraid than before. Big Grin Wavey

Be afraid, be very afraid. LOL
Big Grin

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
Hi All,

I just wanted top pop in and say thanks to everyone who stopped by our tables to chat and check out our upcoming releases. It really was great to talk to you all and get your feedback. The show was the best of both worlds for me. Not only did I get to wear my manufacturer hat but I did a little shopping too and went home with some really nice additions to my collection.

I'm already looking forward to next time!

Best,

Scott

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Manufacturer
Picture of Scott Gaeta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser

The Cryptozoic Entertainment tables, with Scott and Jenna. Not the best picture of Scott - Sorry. And that's Otim standing in front

That's okay Harris. I will have my revenge!

Posts: 112 | Location: Irvine, CA.  | Registered: February 28, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Awesome Pictures! I'm jealous i wasn't there now! Next year I need to sneak into the trunk of Elaine and Tony's car.

Posts: 1 | Location: Toronto | Registered: May 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
New Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Great photos!
To those that posted them, would it be alright if I shared some on my Sketchcardart Blog?

I would link back to this thread, of course!
sketchcardart.blogspot.com

-Jessica

Posts: 2 | Location: US | Registered: May 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Thanks to everyone who posted photos, they were awesome, i could feel my money burning a hole in my pocket.
I'll get there one year.

Posts: 97 | Location: Australia | Registered: December 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Hickman:
Great photos!
To those that posted them, would it be alright if I shared some on my Sketchcardart Blog?

I would link back to this thread, of course!
sketchcardart.blogspot.com

-Jessica

Hi Jessica:

It's OK with me. Thanks for asking.

Harris

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Got my luggage back now too Smile It really was a fun week-end Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here comes a bunch of pictures taken by Hammer.

The Merchants Square Mall

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post