Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Show Reports
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Show Reports
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of NIK
posted Hide Post
Have to agree with Steshell. Love those Legion cards you picked up. They were my favourite comicbook team when I was a kid.

Mars Attacks Uprising, Hobbit Battle of the 5 Armies, Star Wars Masterwork, Marvel Premier 2014, The Hobbit an Unexpected Journey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Mars Attacks Heritage, Marvel 70th Anniv', The Prisoner, Star Wars Galaxy 4, X-Men Archives, LOTR Masterpieces II, Vampirella, Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, Dr Who, Marilyn Monroe and CSI sketch card artist.

Posts: 518 | Location: London UK | Registered: November 28, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Awesome report , Graham! Mrs. Batman was very touched by your kind words. I simply enjoyed drinking beers with you! Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rns91294
posted Hide Post
Graham, it was great meeting you too! Thanks for the compliments on my son....I rather enjoyed watching him listen to your accent with that slight look of confusion on his face. Oh the joys of being 2. Hope we cross paths again sometime!!!

Posts: 183 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: July 23, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Graham Great Report - and I have to agree with EVERYTHING you say - In reply to his mention of Tudors boxes I quote from my Smaller report "Graham opened a box and pulled the Anwar Auto (the one I really wanted) and laughed".

The key to this show is that you are meeting a lot of NSU/cardtalk people that is the GREAT thing - and the cards Big Grin

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
A little birdie told me I had not given props where props are due. So I just wanted to say that Mr. Hammer would be most welcome back at the Philly Show anytime he would like.

Seriously.....sorry Hammer. I mean, here's a guy who traveled all that distance, helped with our promos and banner, put up with an awful lot of **** travel and gave me presents rather then the other way around. I am an awful host.

So thank you (and Graham) for coming over. And if any other UK Card Talkers are interested in coming to the Philly Show in the Fall, let me know and we will let you work the show too and ensure that your travels are full of delays! Big Grin

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
NSU Publisher
Picture of Roxanne
posted Hide Post
Graham and Kevin were loads of fun. I have one question for Graham. Which one did you like better--the shredded socks in Bethlehem or chicken balls in San Diego?

Posts: 56 | Location: Harrisburg, PA | Registered: January 16, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Graham, you are the nicest! * blushes to death *

Posts: 113 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of MikeFitz
posted Hide Post
Great to see all the pictures and reports. Thanks everyone. It looked like another great show.
Were any sell sheets given out?

Posts: 1457 | Location: New England | Registered: January 02, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of hcbrewer
posted Hide Post
Famous Fabrics was handing them out for their 2 upcoming sets
and there was one on the way in
but I can't remember what it is and I have yet to come across them as I am unpacking ...

Posts: 438 | Location: Toronto | Registered: August 30, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Juelle Lou
posted Hide Post
They also handed out the last of the Tudors Sell Sheets too.

Posts: 1512 | Location: Australia | Registered: October 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It was Betty Page that they were handing out on the way in.

otim

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
Wow! I do not even know where to begin. The show was an absolute blast and everyone was awesome!! First and foremost, a HUGE thank you to Harris, Roxanne and Marlin for inviting us! It was great meeting you all. Smile

It was fantastic to finally meet people that I have been talking to and trading with for years. It's nice to finally put a face to everyone. I can't even begin to describe how much fun we had. Thank you soooooooo much to Graham Head & Kevin LePore for all the awesome gifts!! You both made me a very happy girl. There are so many people that I'd met and like to thank too: Sean Pence, Don Wheezay, Axebone, Rhiannon Owens, Ted Dastick Jr., Meghan Hetrick, Hammer, SWBill, T. Breyer, Stony, Darth Smittyous, Fbootiii, Laura Inglis, hcbrewer, Dave Moulder, otim, minime, nick9819. I'm sorry if I'm forgetting any names at this moment. My head is drawing a blank.

An extra special thank you to Robert Kohlbus and Rittenhouse Archives for taking the artists out to dinner on Saturday night! The food & company was great. There were a few odd and funny conversations going on too. LOL. Wink

Here are some pics from the weekend. Sorry, it's taken me so long to post these. We didn't get back into Canada until Thursday night.

Some random pics from the show

Sean Pence

Axebone

Rhiannon Owens

Meghan Hetrick

Dee, Tony & T. Breyer

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Elaine Perna,

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
A couple of sketch card commissions that Tony drew at the show.

Shadowcat

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH a ZOMBIE!!!!!

Artists panel from Sunday morning. I totally chickened out. Wink

Tony fiddling with something during the panel

Rittenhouse Dinner (I love Ted's expression)

Tony opening some trading cards at the Red Robin

Tony after he ate three baskets of fries

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This show was totally awesome! I loved every minute of it. Everyone was so friendly there and it truely was a family atmosphere. It was great meeting so many collectors and dealers as well as the different card companies set up there. It was also an honor to be in the company of so many super talented artists. Thanks to Sean, Axe, Ted, Rhi and Elaine for making this one of the best getaways in a long time. Thanks to Harris , Roxanne and Marlin for inviting us canucks to the show. It definately felt more like a relaxing vacation then work. Finally got to meet Robert from Rittenhouse and Tom from Breygent in person. It was a pleasure to finally meet some of my bosses. Also met Scott from Cryptozoic and they have some great products lined up.

Thanks to Rittenhouse for the awesome time saturday night. It was very generous of you for feeding the starving artists. Smile Robert, Joanna and Tim were great company as well.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by my table to say "hi" and/or to pick up artwork. Some truely fantastic people.

Posts: 96 | Location: Canada | Registered: July 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Elaine, we're all wondering what happened to your phone when it crossed the Canadian border on Thursday, and did all the messages go through?

otim

Posts: 700 | Location: Toronto, Canada | Registered: May 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by otim:
Elaine, we're all wondering what happened to your phone when it crossed the Canadian border on Thursday, and did all the messages go through?

otim

LMAO. Yes, they all went through and I couldn't respond to them fast enough before another would come in. Wink

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Elaine~

I love your report and pictures. You and Tony are great!! I really loved the artist line-up this time. Can we repeat it every show? Big Grin

You managed to get some really cool and candid photos. Question~ What is Ted doing next to Meghan? Do I want to know? Confused

What's this phone business? I missed that one.

I love the zombie sketch!

Tony~

Same goes for you buddy. Thank you very much for coming all the way down to the show. You are awesome. And thank you for suggestions on some of the other artists. It was very helpful.

Man, I feel like a mix between a total brown noser and Chris Farley when he used to interview celebrities. Remember that time when you came to the Philly Show? That was awesome. Ha! But I mean it.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
LOL, Mista Toser!

This show was insanely amazing. If you asked any of us back we'd jump on the fastest train to get there. We all spoke about it at one time or another and agreed that we ALL had an amazing time. Thank you again for having us.

This was my first time in PA since I visited my friend in college in 97 and it brought back a lot of memories. It was also my first appearance that far North or that high up on the East Coast. Lots of firsts for me there, so it will stay with me forever Smile

YAY!

Posts: 113 | Location: Jacksonville, Florida | Registered: December 27, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here's a picture that Kevin Lepore took and sent me to post of Rhiannon:

New Card Talk Member
Picture of Jess
posted Hide Post
I uploaded some of the photos you took, Harris.
Thank you for your permission!
http://sketchcardart.blogspot.com/

Posts: 3 | Location: USA | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post