Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    newcastle film and comic com 2014
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

newcastle film and comic com 2014
 Login/Join

posted
great chris gudge and john rhys davies + others
yet very little for NEC IN NOVEMBER ?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vampy:
great chris gudge and john rhys davies + others
yet very little for NEC IN NOVEMBER ?
Everyone will be sat at home watching the Dr Who 50th Anniversary TV programmes on the day the NEC is running....including most of the celebreties. So not surprising they couldn't get anyone Big Grin

Posts: 1530 | Location: Warrington, UK | Registered: January 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
it must be a very big sofa ?

Posts: 312 | Location: united kingdom | Registered: February 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
It's about time we had a decent show in the North East. Too long we've had to travel around the country for a half decent show.

A fair list of signers already and still plenty of time for more to be announced.

I'll probably be doing a table. The previous Comic/Card show in Newcastle is now no longer running so this will be an ideal opportunity for new collectors to be introduced to the hobby!

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
Only just noticed this (I rarely venture into this section) but I'm more than thrilled right now! I've wanted to go to one of these events for years but can never justify the distance/train costs to get to the venue. But this is one I can do! Big Grin

Signers look fun so far and I'll probably go regardless of anyone else they add! Definitely want some photos. Not the biggest Dr Who fan but I might even go in for that Tardis/McGann shoot!

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Only a few days to go for the Show and for the North-East of country not a bad list of signers.

Newcastle Show Signers

I'll be doing a table starting to get rid of my collection. If you are at the show drop by and see if you can fill some of those holes in your collection.

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Cult - Stuff will have 4 tables at this show full of great stuff and also Carolyn Edwards will be there selling some of her great sketches so be sure to visit both or you will regret it later. Smile

Lots of great guests and great dealers aswell to visit, looks like it will be a really good show. Thumb Up

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
I will be there on Saturday, got me an early bird pass. Do not no normally go to cons, glad there will be card representation at the show.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just about to head over to the Show to set up. Unfortunately the organizers don't tell dealers their location until they arrive at the show so it's pot luck where you end up.

Hope it's a good turn out for the first show.

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Hope you all have a great time and everything goes well. Wavey

Posts: 29002 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
Hope you all have a great time and everything goes well. Wavey

The way you were promoting it I assumed you were going!!!!

Posts: 12158 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

I assumed you were going!!!!

I wish I was, it looks like it will be really good.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wolfie:
quote:
Originally posted by hammer:

I assumed you were going!!!!

I wish I was, it looks like it will be really good.

Saving all your pennies for the NEC Smile .

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Triple-Frog:
Saving all your pennies for the NEC Smile .

I don't have any pennies, people keep taking them off me. Big Grin

Picture of rwn410
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:

I'd say turn out was definitely high Eek I had fun yesterday, when I finally got in, but those entry queues were bloody gigantic! Some friends I'd arrived with about 11:40 who queued to buy on-the-door tickets were told by workers around 2-ish that they STILL probably wouldn't make it in on time. They gave up and I picked up some autographs for them once I'd got in - it still took me 2.5 hours to get in with that advance ticket mind....

At least now I know the value in early bird passes in the future Wink

Posts: 398 | Location: UK | Registered: January 01, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by rwn410:
quote:
Originally posted by treksearcher:

I'd say turn out was definitely high Eek I had fun yesterday, when I finally got in, but those entry queues were bloody gigantic! Some friends I'd arrived with about 11:40 who queued to buy on-the-door tickets were told by workers around 2-ish that they STILL probably wouldn't make it in on time. They gave up and I picked up some autographs for them once I'd got in - it still took me 2.5 hours to get in with that advance ticket mind....

At least now I know the value in early bird passes in the future Wink

Sounds like the organisers were not very organised or hopelessly underestimated how many people were going to turn up.

Much as I moan about the quality of guests at the NEC they are usually pretty good at getting people inside quickly.

Posts: 2564 | Location: Sutton Coldfield England | Registered: August 09, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of JR2D2
posted Hide Post
Thoroughly enjoyed the day, several card dealers there. Had a brief chat with Jason from Cult Stuff, top bloke, popped a promo card in my hand without being asked Smile

According the Evening Chronicle about 5000 strong came to the con. I had the early bird pass but when I got there at just after 9.00am the line was still stretched round the side and nearly to the car park at the back. Fortunatly it ony took about 10 minutes to get in once they got more staff on the door. Apparently this was the same for the buy on the day line round the other side too. Oddly I did not notice a huge increase in visitors after 11.00, I had heard there problems getting people in through the door due to overwhelming numbers.

As a result the Arena is most definatly too small for this event and organisation seemed to go out the window in places. Aisles for the dealer tables were too close together and it was very crowded and hot in the main arena. Layout was rubbish too, autograph queues were a free for all, no barriers separating the lines and even the Showmasters staff did not seem to know what was going on at times.

Talks were great but you had to contend at times with noise from the other talk stage on the other side of the arena and from the dealer floor.

Showmasters need to consider a new venue for future Newcasle Cons and make improvements to the organisation. This could be a very big and much better event in the future if the neccesary changes are made.

Posts: 318 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: March 25, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
I have video of this event on my facebook page. If you know how to put it on here feel free. Smile

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Were there any new promos there by Cult Stuff or anyone else ?

Posts: 4718 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of cardcollectors uk
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JR2D2:

Showmasters need to consider a new venue for future Newcasle Cons and make improvements to the organisation. This could be a very big and much better event in the future if the neccesary changes are made.

This is the largest venue in the area, and talking to the organiser, they were restricted on the day by an extra 1000 people as to how many were allowed in at any one time, so the usual 'let everyone in' policy seemed flawed but only when the show hit capacity, and the attendees spent the day listening to talks so there wasnt a huge in/out flow.

Posts: 128 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post