Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Non-Sport Card Show May 13th and 14th
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Non-Sport Card Show May 13th and 14th
 Login/Join

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
The show was a lot of fun. There were a few other card talk members there and it was nice to converse with them. I was only there on Friday. maybe I can do 2 days for the next show. Picked up an NSU from Ed that had CZX Middle Earth P5. I now need P3 & P6 from that series. The artist, J. Lyn Warner did a terrific sketch in my book of his character Mighty Moose. As Don, stated above the dinner was was fun.

Thanks to Ed and Kevin for organizing the show and making it a good time for us.

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Don is right. Only a few years ago I was the only vintage guy. This show had at least five to six vendors.
Had a conversation with two other collectors with vintage cards asking about how they could set-up a table.
If you are into vintage you may want to start planning ahead for the fall show.

Friday was a long day, but it was great with friends, food, exclusive promos, trading, and cards galore.
Paul had his charity table open this show with 1000's of modern base cards to help finish-off sets.
Picked-up 5000+ singles, base(vintage to modern), and 1000's of chase cards, plus lots of packs.
Completed a lot of sets.

Weather was OK...with NO RAIN. Clap Only one real construction slow down on the interstate...lost about 10 minutes.

Most importantly, made a lot of new collecting friends. Thumb Up Thumb Up Thumb Up

Hope to see ALL in the FALL. Wave

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
A big THANK YOU to everyone that came out and especially to Hippiejewel and Steve for helping at the door.

We have dates of October 21st and 22nd for the Fall Show.

Creative guest will be Steven Frank from 5FINITY and maybe a few surprises.

Thanks also to the dealers that set up, I think everyone had a solid show and most have expressed their desire to return in the fall.

So, get those lists updated and mark your calendar for the Fall Show!

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post