Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Disparity between convention posts and convention activity. . . why?
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Disparity between convention posts and convention activity. . . why?
 Login/Join

Platinum Card Talk Member
posted
It seems like the number of posts in any given show thread have dwindled significantly over the last year or two.

Certainly show attendance has been a variable (although attendance seems to be WAY up at the big shows around Chicago), but it seems like very few folks are posting about shows -- even folks I've noticed attending shows -- collectors, dealers, artists who post on forums don't even post that they are going to a show, or have been to a show. . . Even for big shows like SDCC or Chicago Comic Con. . . hobby attendance is there, but the boards are nearly silent. . .

Anyone have any idea why?

Jon

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Everybody's using Facebook now, no time for message boards. I'm still shocked at the lack of San Diego reporting around the internet. How many 100,000's attend, and there's hardly much to be found that isn't much more than "Had a great time at Comic Con. Bought some stuff."

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Both interesting points. . .

Curiously many of these threads have a bunch of views and very few posts. . . So there are people on the forum. . .

Hmm.

Posts: 5409 | Location: Parts Unknown. | Registered: January 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Graham
posted Hide Post
I would have loved to have given a report on this years SDCC if the farcical ticketing system had allowed Mad

Posts: 3804 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kennywood:
That's an excellent point. I'd not considered the Facebook effect.

What's Facebook?? Eek

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graham:
I would have loved to have given a report on this years SDCC if the farcical ticketing system had allowed Mad
I've heard that the Brits are going to get first chance at the on-line Tickets next Year. Shake Head

Posts: 1454 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: May 04, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by webjon:
Curiously many of these threads have a bunch of views and very few posts. . . So there are people on the forum. . .Hmm.

I think you could say the same thing about Card Talk in general, not just the convention threads. It seems every time I come on CT there are 3 or 4 times the number of guests compared to the number of members signed in.

I have a feeling that many of these people never post and I wish that they would. Fresh viewpoints are always a good thing and the forum has gotten a lot more user friendly now than at certain times in the past, if you know what I mean. Wink I'd like to see more activity in all the threads. Smile

Posts: 10372 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post