Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Richmond Sat Feb 6th Laurel, MD Feb 7th
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Richmond Sat Feb 6th Laurel, MD Feb 7th
 Login/Join

posted
Two shows with some non-sports this weekend.

Saturday Feb 6th is the BIG Richmond Comicon held at the speedway in Richmond, VA. Show hours 11 AM to 7 PM. Promoter highly suggests buying tickets in advance if you are going as they do cap ticket sales and the past few shows have sold out before the doors opened which means if you went there to get a ticket in line you were out of luck. Website for the show is vacomicon.com Looks like Triangle Cards is making the trek all the way up from NC, Wayne from Zenos Books is coming from Virginia Beach area and I am heading down for the five hour drive from South Jersey. All of us are no slouches when it comes to non-sports material. And Wayne had recently picked up a collection which is LOADED with product from the past 15 years. He has so much of it that he can't bring it all to this show but will bring the remainder to the NSU show in May.

Here is the address for the raceway complex-

Richmond Raceway Complex - Old Dominion Building
600 East Laburnum Avenue
Richmond, VA 23222

Sunday Feb 7th will find me (along with Packcracker Ted) in Laurel, MD. Located between Baltimmore and DC it is very accessible from all towns in MD and Northern Virginia. Clandestinecomics.com is the promoter. Show hours 10 AM to 3 PM and admission I believe is only $3 per person. I suggest you get there early as Ted and I sell out of certain products the first hour of the show! While small it is a strong show (but mostly comics if you are into that also).
I don't know the name of the hotel as it has changed hands again but still the same property if you have been there in the past. Exit 33B off of I-95. Burtonsville exit. The property is hidden behind the Exxon gas station on the corner. It also has a steakhouse there but that has changed names too (no longer the Outback).

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post