Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Farpoint, February 12-14, 2016
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Farpoint, February 12-14, 2016
 Login/Join

Silver Card Talk Member
posted
Farpoint 23
February 12-14, 2016
Radisson Hotel, Timonium Maryland

Guests:
Sean Maher: (Firefly, Batman vs Robin, Batman: Bad Blood)
John Morton: (Star Wars Empire Strikes Back)
David Gerrold - Hugo and Nebula Award winning author, and writer of the Star Trek original series episode "Trouble with Tribbles"

There are also a lot of writer guests, including Peter David.The full list can be found here. Farpoint Author Guests

If you just want to come and shop, there is no admission fee. However, if you wish to check out the programming and listen to some guest talks you'll need to buy a membership. Keep in mind that the membership includes a free autograph from Sean Maher so it's a pretty good deal.

There maybe a few dealers with some non-sports, but for the most part, Derek will have the biggest selection.

Hope to see some folks there.

Posts: 1343 | Location: Frederick, MD USA | Registered: July 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yes I will be there. Will be fully stocked for supplies this go round. Can't beat the FREE admission for the dealers area. I will be located along the back wall once you come into the hotel entrance. I should have some Firefly sets if you were looking to get something signed by the main guest at the con. I believe Packcracker Ted will be setup also near me.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Oh and Sean was also the character "Shrapnel" from the Arrow TV show. Does anyone know if there is any cards of him in the sets? I can't check as I had sold out of both seasons.

Posts: 420 | Location: USA | Registered: October 31, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by WandringRebel:

If you just want to come and shop, there is no admission fee.

This is something that UK shows just do not seem to get, all shows should adopt this.

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I am looking for parallel cards from the Journey to the force awakens for a customer. Also some miscellaneous stuff from older seasons of Game of Thrones (but not season four as that master set is complete for him now). And cheap base sets for the Force awakens movie (and a few single cards).

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
Non-Sportcards - what cards are you looking for from Game of Thrones Season 1?

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Some single foil cards to help someone finish the parallel set.

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Jessica
posted Hide Post
I've got a bunch of stuff from S1 that I can look through and see what I've got. I plan on checking out the con this Saturday and can bring them. Which ones do you need?

Posts: 1951 | Location: Baltimore, Maryland, USA | Registered: May 26, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He needs foils 8 and 51 to finish the set. Also, Art Parkinson border auto, Kristian Nairn full bleed auto. Season Three gold foils-12,16,34,94

Show was really good today for a Friday. Usually people just checking things out and then deciding on Sunday what they want to take home with them.

For others reading this I picked up a whole bunch of binders with sets and some inserts in them. At $20 a pop they are moving fast. Mainly Trek is left. Which isn't too bad to have at a sci fi show. Pokemon is doing well and Serenity items in general. With the guest they have this weekend that was to be expected so I planned well. Saturday 10 to 6 and Sunday 10 to 3. I can't stay too long on Sunday so might start packing at 2 if the show has died off at that point. Signing off for now....