Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Philly Show Promos - October 2016
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Philly Show Promos - October 2016
 Login/Join

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tommy C:
I wonder if the 3 lenticulars are the same 3 that are going to be inserted in the packs of the set

The checklist lists Banshee, Vampiress, and She Wolf and they are numbered LO1 to LO3

Yes, I believe they are. Very nice cards for sure.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Here are two more promo cards that will be given away to all Philly Non-Sports Card Show attendees at this weekend's show while supplies last.

These two promo cards are from Rittenhouse Archives. Both cards will be included in promo packs every collector will receive upon show entry while supplies last.

The first promo card is for Rittenhouse Archives' James Bond Archives 2016 Trading Cards - Spectre Edition (promo number P2)

The second promo card is for Rittenhouse Archives' Star Trek 50th Anniversary Trading Cards (promo number P2)

You can see all the cards announced thus far here:

Philly Non-Sports Card Show - Philly Show Promos - October 2016

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Were the Horror Meets Girl P01 and P02 in every admissions packs, or were they random ?

Also, someone told me that there was an Iron Dead metal card, also, 25 made

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Were the Horror Meets Girl P01 and P02 in every admissions packs, or were they random ?

Also, someone told me that there was an Iron Dead metal card, also, 25 made

Horror Meets Girl promos P01 and P02 were in every promo packs. The lenticulars from this series were random though. Those were pretty limited and so very few got them. I did save two sets for prizes for at Card Talk though.

Yes, there was an Iron Dead Metal card sold over at the Faerie Metal Photography booth. I am told it was limited to 23. They also produced an "ad card" and this was limited to 3. We were very fortunate to get two of the three donated to us for prizes. We gave one out as a raffle prize at the show and one was used as a prize at Card Talk.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I've seen a few others "you know where"

Grimm Seasons 3/4 Philly promo

Grimm Seasons 3/4 Copperhead Grill promo

Donald Trump Copperhead Grill promo

Sidekick promo CTC11

Posts: 3994 | Location: NY | Registered: August 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Is there a full list of promo's (especially Breygent ones) that were available at the show -so I can go searching!

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I will try to list what we found at the show.
The breakdown is as follows;

Admission Pack:
65th Philly Non-Sports Promo unnumbered
Star Trek 50th P2
James Bond Spectre P2
Philly Non Sports Card Show Philly pormo #93 Bill DeFranzo
Braiiinz Horror Meets Girl P02
Braiiinz Lenticular PL01 She-Wolf(random)
Braiiinz Lenticular PL02 Banshee(random)
Braiiinz Lenticular PL03 Vampiress(random)
5Finity Ladies of Zenscope unnumbered
Perna Studios Elementals P2

Breygent
Grimm Season 3 & 4 Philly Promo
Trump Squeezees Philly Promo

Copperhead Grill(available at the restaurant only)
Grimm Season 3 & 4 numbered out of 100
Trump Squeezeez numbered out of 100

Ted Dastick table
Dastickachu unnumbered

Retro Drive table
Blood Drive P1-A Taste the Farce
Blood Drive P2-A 89 Superhero Worship
Blood Drive P3-A Slimy Cthulhubuster
Blood Drive P4-A Bat Out of Hell
Blood Drive P5-A Locuteness of Bat
Little Bat,Big Imagination,Epic Parody unnumbered black bat embossed
Little Bat,Big Imagination,Epic Parody unnumbered red bat embossed

Sidekicks table
W.C Fields CTC11
Mars Rules P1

Crytozoic table
Gotham P1
Gotham P4
Gotham P4
Gotham P5(available when you opened a box of Cryptozoic product)
Orphan Black Series 2 P1(available when you filled out survey at table)

Fairie Metal table
Three Stooges P1
Three Stooges 1b
Iron Dead metal promo unnumbered
Bill DeFranzo metal memorial card

Galactic Groceries GGP4
Galactic Groceries GGP5

There may have been other promos available that we may have missed,but this I feel is a comprehensive list of the promos that were available

This message has been edited. Last edited by: silmapco,

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Is that Mars Rules the Topps P1 from a year or so back ?

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Thanks

Posts: 12152 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Just to clarify the list above, it looks like there was an ORPHAN BLACK Series 2 P1 by Crypto, a new promo

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
The Mars Attack is from a year or so ago

Posts: 2604 | Location: Canada | Registered: April 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Bronze Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
No one mentioned a survey to me. I guess they only had a few cards to give out.

quote:
Originally posted by silmapco:
I will try to list what we found at the show.
The breakdown is as follows;

Admission Pack:
65th Philly Non-Sports Promo unnumbered
Star Trek 50th P2
James Bond Spectre P2
Philly Non Sports Card Show Philly pormo #93 Bill DeFranzo
Braiiinz Horror Meets Girl P02
Braiiinz Lenticular PL01 She-Wolf(random)
Braiiinz Lenticular PL02 Banshee(random)
Braiiinz Lenticular PL03 Vampiress(random)
5Finity Ladies of Zenscope unnumbered
Perna Studios Elementals P2

Breygent
Grimm Season 3 & 4 Philly Promo
Trump Squeezees Philly Promo

Copperhead Grill(available at the restaurant only)
Grimm Season 3 & 4 numbered out of 100
Trump Squeezeez numbered out of 100

Ted Dastick table
Dastickachu unnumbered

Retro Drive table
Blood Drive P1-A Taste the Farce
Blood Drive P2-A 89 Superhero Worship
Blood Drive P3-A Slimy Cthulhubuster
Blood Drive P4-A Bat Out of Hell
Blood Drive P5-A Locuteness of Bat
Little Bat,Big Imagination,Epic Parody unnumbered black bat embossed
Little Bat,Big Imagination,Epic Parody unnumbered red bat embossed

Sidekicks table
W.C Fields CTC11
Mars Rules P1

Crytozoic table
Gotham P1
Gotham P4
Gotham P4
Gotham P5(available when you opened a box of Cryptozoic product)
Orphan Black Series 2 P1(available when you filled out survey at table)

Fairie Metal table
Three Stooges P1
Three Stooges 1b
Iron Dead metal promo unnumbered
Bill DeFranzo metal memorial card

Galactic Groceries GGP4
Galactic Groceries GGP5

There may have been other promos available that we may have missed,but this I feel is a comprehensive list of the promos that were available

Posts: 971 | Location: WESTWOOD NJ | Registered: May 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Was the Galactic Groceries p5 new ?

I believe P4 was at the spring Philly show

These promos have been released at the shows over the past 2-3 years, and they keep re-distributing the older ones, so it's hard to remember what is new, what is old Smile

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was the Galactic Groceries p5 new ?

I believe P4 was at the spring Philly show

These promos have been released at the shows over the past 2-3 years, and they keep re-distributing the older ones, so it's hard to remember what is new, what is old Smile

Yes, GG P5 is new. George explained that the character on this one ("Saline Kreepy Monsters") is a Star Trek inspired character done with this year's 50th anniversary of Star Trek in mind.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I spoke to the Iron Dead artist and he told me that the shocktrooper promo (the brown one) was not actually given out at the show, just the metal one, and the one which says 65th Philly Show were. True ?

Posts: 4714 | Location: Bayonne, NJ, USA | Registered: May 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Only one answer to all this - need to attend to find them all. And it's hard enough when I am there Smile

posted Hide Post
was the Red Frankenstein metal promo released at philly I have not seen one on any of the auction sites ? .

Posts: 50 | Location: U.K | Registered: August 19, 2016Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by brown123:
was the Red Frankenstein metal promo released at philly I have not seen one on any of the auction sites ? .

Yes, they were available for sale from Retro Drive.

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Will that Iron Dead promo ever be released, the one shown on the NSU list of promos that were to be at the show ?

haven't seen any yet...

Gold Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
I am not sure if this was mentioned, but Ted Dastick and Laura Inglis also had new metal cards for sale at the show

Yes, I know they were not "promos" per se