Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Prizes from Versicolor Prod. for Philly Show Guests
Page 1 2 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Prizes from Versicolor Prod. for Philly Show Guests
 Login/Join

Picture of Versicolor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by H_Toser:

Hi All:

As promised, I wanted to pass along more information about the contents of the kit that will be given away to the first 40 paid admissions to the Philly Non-Sports Card Show on Saturday, May 14. As I said above, each kit will contain an uncut sheet of Versicolor Production's The Bettie Page Private Collection preview series and several uncut sheets of Bettie Page Private Collection promos. And I posted above that each kit will contain one more special item.

I can now reveal the additional item is a special limited-edition promotional blank sketch card (shown above). To date, none of these have been issued due to licensing concerns but Billy at Versicolor has now received permission to do so. The lucky collectors who receive these can get one of their favorite artists to draw a Bettie sketch for them, including any of the artists at the show. And we're lucky in that we have 5 artists who worked on the series (Axebone, Ted Datick Jr, Rhiannon Owens, Sean Pence and Elaine Perna). The sketch themselves will be at the collector's cost, of course, and at the artists availability -- some artists may not have time or available source material at the show.

Also, as I noted above, a few of these will be given away Sunday morning at our NSU Card Talk member gathering.

Best of luck to everyone and hope to see you at the show.

Harris

Does anyone have a scan of one of their Bettie Page promo sketch cards done up by an artist?

Posts: 122 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 19, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I sent mine off to Montreal to Kate Bradley to do, so I won't have it for a while, but it will be worth the wait, Kate is a great artist. The card is very nice, I like the cool hologram on the back of the card and that each card has a specific number. Thumb Up

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Versicolor:
quote:

Hi All:

As promised, I wanted to pass along more information about the contents of the kit that will be given away to the first 40 paid admissions to the Philly Non-Sports Card Show on Saturday, May 14. As I said above, each kit will contain an uncut sheet of Versicolor Production's The Bettie Page Private Collection preview series and several uncut sheets of Bettie Page Private Collection promos. And I posted above that each kit will contain one more special item.

I can now reveal the additional item is a special limited-edition promotional blank sketch card (shown above). To date, none of these have been issued due to licensing concerns but Billy at Versicolor has now received permission to do so. The lucky collectors who receive these can get one of their favorite artists to draw a Bettie sketch for them, including any of the artists at the show. And we're lucky in that we have 5 artists who worked on the series (Axebone, Ted Datick Jr, Rhiannon Owens, Sean Pence and Elaine Perna). The sketch themselves will be at the collector's cost, of course, and at the artists availability -- some artists may not have time or available source material at the show.

Also, as I noted above, a few of these will be given away Sunday morning at our NSU Card Talk member gathering.

Best of luck to everyone and hope to see you at the show.

Harris

Does anyone have a scan of one of their Bettie Page promo sketch cards done up by an artist?

I drew on 2 of them and I have scans. Wink

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
Show me the scans..............Please ???? Confused Metal

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mister E.:
Show me the scans..............Please ???? Confused Metal

I guess I can show them since they are promo sketch cards. If I get in trouble I'm blaming you George. LOL. Wink

Posts: 2274 | Location: Ontario, Canada | Registered: September 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of Mister E.
posted Hide Post
See, I knew that I would see an autographed card from you. But................ Where's my card ??????????????? Eek

Posts: 2744 | Location: Haverhill, Ma. U.S.A. | Registered: June 10, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Great stuff, Elaine! Thumb Up Thanks for posting them.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
I agree with Harris, those cards are wonderful, great job Elaine, just don't call me "Batgirl" Big Grin

Posts: 5789 | Location: Brielle, NJ | Registered: April 03, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
The bottom sketch of Bettie is MINE, I am looking forward to getting it in the post Smile

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Batman:
I agree with Harris, those cards are wonderful, great job Elaine, just don't call me "Batgirl" Big Grin

LOL. I had forgotten about that. Thanks for reminding me. Wink

Administrator
Picture of H_Toser
posted Hide Post
Hi All:

I thought I'd post this here. Kevin LePore sent me an image of his completed Bettie Page sketch card. He had Rhiannon Owens do a sketch for him and it's awesome, as Rhiannon's work always is. See below.

Posts: 12995 | Location: Harrisburg, PA, USA | Registered: November 29, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
Very Nice Thumb Up

Posts: 12154 | Location: England | Registered: September 16, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Cool! Thumb Up I need to get after someone to get mine done! Twak

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Freddy
posted Hide Post
very nice indeed.

Posts: 1319 | Location: Rhode Island USA 02889 | Registered: January 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of Elaine Perna
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi All:

I thought I'd post this here. Kevin LePore sent me an image of his completed Bettie Page sketch card. He had Rhiannon Owens do a sketch for him and it's awesome, as Rhiannon's work always is. See below.

That is gorgeous. Smile

Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of cverdec
posted Hide Post
Harris & Bob (and everyone else)

Here is the promo sketch Rhiannon did for me that we were talking about yesterday. Sorry about the edit, but I know there are younger ones on here.

It was great seeing you guys yesterday in Baltimore.

Chris

Posts: 920 | Location: Woodbridge, VA | Registered: August 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Batman
posted Hide Post
Beautiful card, Chris! It was a blast hanging out with Sherri and you yesterday! Smile Thumb Up

Silver Card Talk Member
posted Hide Post
Here are a couple I finished. There's one more floating around but I don't have a pic of it. Frown

This one I had to paint - I smudged my inks drawing it at the show, the only way I was able to fix it was to paint over it.

Posts: 1568 | Location: NJ | Registered: August 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of hammer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ted Dastick Jr.:

This one I had to paint - I smudged my inks drawing it at the show, the only way I was able to fix it was to paint over it.

I remember you telling me about that at the time. Great job Thumb Up