Non-Sport Update's Card Talk NSU Home | NSU Store | In The Current Issue... | Contact Us |
Non-Sport Update    Non-Sport Update's Card Talk  Hop To Forum Categories  Shows & Conventions    Chicago Non-Sport Card Show May 21 & 22
Page 1 2 3 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Chicago Non-Sport Card Show May 21 & 22
 Login/Join

Titanium Card Talk Member
Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:

That makes 12 promos for the price of admission.

Oh yeah, Admission is FREE.

Well you can't argue with that. Thumb Up

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Card Talk Member
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
We talk about FREE a lot in Chicago...

Free Admission
Free Promos

How about Free Stuff in the daily door prizes?

Friday, you can win:

Box and Binder of Lost In Space Season 1 courtesy of Scifi Cards

On Saturday, it's...

A Box and Binder of Orville Season 1 courtesy of K&J Non-Sports Cards.

Door prizes are open to all attendees (dealers are not eligible) with 1 entry per person Per day.

Drawing takes place 30 minutes before close each day, and you must be present to win.

Trading Page Now Online: http://www.scifi.cards/trading.html

Collecting Sketches of the Character Crystal

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
5FINITY comes through with the support yet again. They ran with my "Double the Promos" idea and did 2 for us!

Danielle Gransaull's Succubus Sweethearts: Fire 'n' Brimstone Beach
and
The Female Persuasion 6: Notorious Wild West Women

I think that wraps it up, at 14 promos we're living the Double the Promos theme.
Everyone gets 1 pack free at the door, 1 per person per day.

Dealers get 1 set per table per day as well, so if you can't make it out check out our friendly dealers list and strike a deal for a set while you can!

Posts: 5079 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: March 09, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Great looking promos, thanks for putting those together Ed! Burger Theory was open from 5 to 9 with a limited menu this past weekend, so we might be able to have our dinner as well!

Posts: 40 | Location: The other side..... | Registered: January 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bronze Card Talk Member
Picture of stevetrek
posted Hide Post
The promos look great.

I will be at the show on Friday. This will be a special show after a long wait. I have about 50 extra promo cards that I have accumulated the last few years. I will bring them with, so find me and I'll give one to people that ask for one.

My extra SW Mando and a few Star Trek cards will be packed up next week if anyone wants to trade.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: stevetrek,

Posts: 900 | Location: IL | Registered: February 07, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diamond Card Talk Member
Picture of Raven
posted Hide Post
Hope you all do fantastic in Chicago. It's great just to read about the show and see the promos and preparation going into it. Best of luck for lots of attendance. Smile

Posts: 10383 | Location: New York | Registered: November 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gold Card Talk Member
Picture of xtime
posted Hide Post
Yes, nice promo pack. Clap

Still a narrow window to work out trades. Thumb Up

Looking for something high end like SW Chrome Legacy, Women of SW, Mandalorian tins, or more. Now is the time to ASK!!!

Email x4741@hotmail.com

Looking forward to a great show. Dance

Posts: 4229 | Location: USA | Registered: December 04, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Just for fun, let's make it 15 promos for FREE at the door...

From my friends at Eule's Vision, a creator owned comic, comes a P1 Promo with the show logo:

While supplies last, 1 per person per day in the promo pack at the door!

Thank you Jacob and Chad!

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Another superb one. If i lived anywhere near this show i would be there like a shot.

Congrats to all involved. Clap

Posts: 28999 | Location: wolverhampton staffs uk | Registered: July 19, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
15 promos
1 great door prize each day.

That's a LOT of value for FREE admission.

Picture of Curler
posted Hide Post
That's a lot of great looking promo cards. I wish I could be there.

Posts: 381 | Location: Nova Scotia | Registered: April 26, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Spring 2021 Exhibitors

No show is complete without a variety of Exhibitors. We are always looking for new dealers and artists to join us. Here's the list of expected exhibitors.

Scifi Cards
Boxes, Binders, and unusual small sets, Scifi Cards always has a wide variety of cards for every interest.

K&J Non-Sport Cards
Specializing in sketch and autograph cards, K&J also carries all new releases from boxes to single cards

Looky Here
Bill will be there with new and old releases as well as action figures, collectibles and HeroClix game figures. At this Show only, the 1st customer to find the Palisades All-American Piggy Patriotic Party Gift figure (a Wizard World, Chicago 2003 Exclusive) in Bill's set-up takes her home!

xVADER Cards
100's of Vintage singles, graded singles, complete & near sets, wax packs and wrappers.
Modern sealed boxes, packs, autos, relics, sketches, inserts and base sets.
Looking for something specific? Email pre-show x4741@hotmail.com.

Brian's Cards
You never know what Brian is going to bring. New cards, older cards, hard to find collectibles all show up on his table. Bring your lists and check out this show's election.

Flea Circus
Look for vintage and near vintage cards along with a mix of toys and collectibles. You might find anything at this table.

Carl's Cards
Lots of singles and sets to be had at Carl's table. Something different every time.

Iggy's Non-Sport Cards
Featuring Sets, Inserts, Sketches, Garbage Pail Kids, Funko Pops and more

Dave Hartmann
Not just cards here. Dave will have an eclectic mix of cards and other collectibles. Be sure to check out his table.

Leonard Collectibles
Look for an impressive selection of vintage cards and Wacky Packages at this fun table. Make sure to bring your lists!

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
10 days to go and I’m getting excited to see everyone (at least their eyes)

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
Putting the promo packs together...

So many things to do before I leave for Chicago...

Picture of wolfie
posted Hide Post
Clap

Picture of Scifi Cards
posted Hide Post
OK, promoter hat off, dealer hat on...

Trying to figure out what people want to see dealers bring...

Pokemon is hot, and not available at retail right now. Worth the space to bring?

Supplies. Are collectors having trouble finding supplies in Chicago? Or is it a Phoenix local problem?

Wax is a no-brainer, I always bring lots, and higher end singles.

As all dealers are probably loading, or starting to this weekend, what do you want them to bring?

Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by igman7:
Perhaps we can do Portillos or something like that...because the run to White Castle isn't likely to inspire people to stay. Twak

Really looking forward to seeing all of the usual suspects as well as welcoming in what should be a hungry crowd considering the buying habits of folks recently.

But Portillo's doesn't have pizza Iggy!!! LOL

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scifi Cards:
OK, promoter hat off, dealer hat on...

Trying to figure out what people want to see dealers bring...

Pokemon is hot, and not available at retail right now. Worth the space to bring?

Supplies. Are collectors having trouble finding supplies in Chicago? Or is it a Phoenix local problem?

Wax is a no-brainer, I always bring lots, and higher end singles.

As all dealers are probably loading, or starting to this weekend, what do you want them to bring?

Ed,

I need thick toploaders as well as regular ones please. Thanks.

Jewel Big Grin

Posts: 2035 | Location: Western Burbs of Chicago | Registered: April 06, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of igman7
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by hippiejewel:
quote:
Perhaps we can do Portillos or something like that...because the run to White Castle isn't likely to inspire people to stay. Twak

Really looking forward to seeing all of the usual suspects as well as welcoming in what should be a hungry crowd considering the buying habits of folks recently.

Jewel Big Grin

A big beef and cheese fries will help me forget pizza

Posts: 1492 | Location: Tinley Park, Illinois, USA | Registered: May 31, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Silver Card Talk Member
Picture of hippiejewel
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by hippiejewel:
quote:

Jewel Big Grin

A big beef and cheese fries will help me forget pizza

Sounds good to me....LOL

Jewel Big Grin